S30 not reading HD in SM??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 11-20-2011, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hay all my fellow calibrators. I'm running into a little issue that's is troubling me.

I'm using a sencor v401 HDMI/DVI to HDMI on a Panasonic s30 what I'm seeing in the service menu is that the TV is detecting my test pattern @1080 but in format SD is displaying instead of HD for WB???

Any ideas?

Picture without sound is surveillance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Hmm, does it remember those numbers differently than the 480i numbers? Do the numbers hold up outside of the service menu? In other words after you exit the SM are the changes you made sticking? If so then I'd think it's probably nothing to worry about.

ISF/THX calibrator with Jeti 1211 reference spectro
Latest reviews:LG 65UB9800Samsung UN65HU8550UN65HU9000, UN85HU8550, LG 55EC9300, LG 55EA8800 (including 3D)

Why I don't publish settings, Review index and rankings, Florida tour Dec '14, Texas tour Jan '15
post #3 of 7 Old 11-21-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

It is but it's still bothering me. I've seen this on several TVs now. I always to SD and HD separate.

post #4 of 7 Old 12-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-heat View Post

Hay all my fellow calibrators. I'm running into a little issue that's is troubling me.

I'm using a sencor v401 HDMI/DVI to HDMI on a Panasonic s30 what I'm seeing in the service menu is that the TV is detecting my test pattern @1080 but in format SD is displaying instead of HD for WB???

Any ideas?

I use the exact same equipment as you and here's what I do. First I change the resolution to 1080i and not p. Sometimes the tv cannot detect that 1080p is an HD signal and it only shows SD. If that doesn't work, I try 720. Usually one of these settings will make the WB format say HD. Hope this helps.

J
ISF Calibrator
Austin, TX
post #5 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks.

post #6 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-heat View Post

Any ideas?

This is a bug in the 2011 Panasonics when using a HDMI to DVI connection and/or HDMI sources that do not properly do HDCP. You can trick it by playing with the resolutions being sent via your pattern generator but the Panasonic SM can and will switch between the SD and HD tables while making adjustments. The only true resolution I have found is to use a pattern generator that can properly do HDCP or use a BD player as your source for patterns.
post #7 of 7 Old 02-24-2012, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice View Post

This is a bug in the 2011 Panasonics when using a HDMI to DVI connection and/or HDMI sources that do not properly do HDCP. You can trick it by playing with the resolutions being sent via your pattern generator but the Panasonic SM can and will switch between the SD and HD tables while making adjustments. The only true resolution I have found is to use a pattern generator that can properly do HDCP or use a BD player as your source for patterns.

That's $$$ I don't have for a new generator.
I guess I could burn an av disc and use that if the client has a bd player.

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page