AVS Forum banner

S30 not reading HD in SM???

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  m-heat 
#1 ·
Hay all my fellow calibrators. I'm running into a little issue that's is troubling me.

I'm using a sencor v401 HDMI/DVI to HDMI on a Panasonic s30 what I'm seeing in the service menu is that the TV is detecting my test pattern @1080 but in format SD is displaying instead of HD for WB???

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Hmm, does it remember those numbers differently than the 480i numbers? Do the numbers hold up outside of the service menu? In other words after you exit the SM are the changes you made sticking? If so then I'd think it's probably nothing to worry about.

#3 ·
It is but it's still bothering me. I've seen this on several TVs now. I always to SD and HD separate.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-heat /forum/post/21236601

Hay all my fellow calibrators. I'm running into a little issue that's is troubling me.

I'm using a sencor v401 HDMI/DVI to HDMI on a Panasonic s30 what I'm seeing in the service menu is that the TV is detecting my test pattern @1080 but in format SD is displaying instead of HD for WB???

Any ideas?

I use the exact same equipment as you and here's what I do. First I change the resolution to 1080i and not p. Sometimes the tv cannot detect that 1080p is an HD signal and it only shows SD. If that doesn't work, I try 720. Usually one of these settings will make the WB format say HD. Hope this helps.

J

ISF Calibrator

Austin, TX

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-heat /forum/post/0

Any ideas?

This is a bug in the 2011 Panasonics when using a HDMI to DVI connection and/or HDMI sources that do not properly do HDCP. You can trick it by playing with the resolutions being sent via your pattern generator but the Panasonic SM can and will switch between the SD and HD tables while making adjustments. The only true resolution I have found is to use a pattern generator that can properly do HDCP or use a BD player as your source for patterns.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/0

This is a bug in the 2011 Panasonics when using a HDMI to DVI connection and/or HDMI sources that do not properly do HDCP. You can trick it by playing with the resolutions being sent via your pattern generator but the Panasonic SM can and will switch between the SD and HD tables while making adjustments. The only true resolution I have found is to use a pattern generator that can properly do HDCP or use a BD player as your source for patterns.

That's $$$ I don't have for a new generator.

I guess I could burn an av disc and use that if the client has a bd player.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.