DIY Calibrators Where are you? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Is there any issue in a thread like http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=586330 for the DIY/Enthusiast newbies looking to gain experience with different displays? Maybe those unable to afford the pros or the equipment to do it themselves would be interested in one of us just leaning to do their calibration for a minimal fee or donation?
If this thread would not be appropriate, I understand.
Thanks!

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-08-2012, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just trying again with this idea since. I am in the Philadelphia PA area and have done a couple of calibrations and meter profiles for some other AVS member with D2 meters. I have an i1pro, C6 and Calman. If there are any other Enthusiast looking to help out others in your local area please post here. It would be nice if this could be made a sticky.

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-09-2012, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
For the most part, we just start a thread about learing to calibrate and then the pros chime in. I must say I learned a TON from the pros here and am very happy that they were willing to share, and not just say hire me... very professional!

Doug, Ray and others have great advise and helped me calbrate my displpays to within a .1% delta.

Doug, you have great gear and I am sure if you ask specific questions you will get multiple answers.

David

"You buy a Ferrari when you want to be somebody. You buy a Lamborghini when you are somebody." - Frank Sinatra
post #4 of 5 Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingtravler View Post

For the most part, we just start a thread about learing to calibrate and then the pros chime in. I must say I learned a TON from the pros here and am very happy that they were willing to share, and not just say hire me... very professional!
Doug, Ray and others have great advise and helped me calbrate my displpays to within a .1% delta.
Daug, you have great gear and I am sure if you ask specific questions you will get multiple answers.

I think you are missing the point...
I am talking about those Enthusiast with reasonable equipment and knowledge base that want to get experience with more displays and help out other Enthusiasts. I for one have no problem doing calibrations for others in my area for gas money and/or tip. There are many who have purchased lower cost colorimeters that just don't provide the accuracy unless they are profiled with a spector. So those of us non pros that have invested the money for the better gear can help those who have not by doing a calibrations for them (we get the experience and meet other Enthusiasts near by) and then allow them to profile there colorimeter so they can do the touch-ups with greater accuracy.
Yes, RayJR, ChadB, Michael Chen, PlasmaPZ80U and others have been unbelievably helpful to me and everyone here, I am trying to get others like myself interested in doing calibrations for others with a place to post their location so they can be located and contacted if someone is interested .

Doug

post #5 of 5 Old 06-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Just trying again with this idea since. I am in the Philadelphia PA area and have done a couple of calibrations and meter profiles for some other AVS member with D2 meters. I have an i1pro, C6 and Calman. If there are any other Enthusiast looking to help out others in your local area please post here. It would be nice if this could be made a sticky.
I'm in Ventura CA. I have an i1Pro, D3, CalMan Expert and an AccuPel DVG-5000. I've been calibrating for about 3+yrs (my own displays, relatives and friends), and I'm considering getting ISF and THX certified. So I need as much experience as I can get.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page