HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 137 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #4081 of 4083 Old Today, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
THank you for your reply.

Two further questions:

1. Do I need to ever change the Colour Space Reference in HCFR preferences from REC709 to REC709 (75%)?

2. Using HCFR, how do I check color luminance? I assume hue and saturation are used to place the white dot on the reference points on the CIE chart using free measures, but what about luminance?

Sorry...still figuring this stuff out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4082 of 4083 Old Today, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Luminance doesn't show up on the CIE chart. You'd have to look at the individual measurements for luminance in the Measures view in the window with x,y,Y, and delta E values. Luminance is Y out of the x,y,Y in that window. There's also the Saturation - Luminance graph too once you're measured the 0, 25, 50, 75, & 100% points for RGB & CMY.

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

Last edited by |Tch0rT|; Today at 04:07 AM.
post #4083 of 4083 Old Today, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 12
@omenII : Finished the calibration of the 55W905A I had access too -

meter was the i1d3, correction used was White LED;

The device had access blue in huge volumes (warm 1 measured above 10.000k), so the warm 2 D65 whitepoint calibration came to

0,-4,-9;0,0,-1

Upon which all colors just fell in place (everything below dE2 in greyscale (below 1.5), colors (near 1), saturations. Color checker SC with average of dE 1 and a max of below 3. Neither color or tint had to be moved (LEDdimming to low, Motion to Clear, brightness 50, Contrast 98).

The excess blue freaked me somewhat - even to the point I would have bet that you cant measure these quantum dots devices with i1d3s, because I had never seen anything alike. Allthough color reproduction in critical viewing looked good... The Tv had been a on display modell before, so maybe a color shift? But that much?.... (Warm 1 at 10000K).

Graphs - before and after:
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page