HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 140 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 47Likes

post #4171 of 4179 Old 08-20-2014, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
I wonder why none of them stick an integrated thermoelectric cooler into their photodiode packaging for easy mitigation of temperature induced drifts. I don't believe it adds too much to costs. Perhaps it is due to the added power draw as that might require the meter to have batteries.
I suspect it would add great cost, relative to everything else that makes up a colorimeter, and exceeding the power capabilities of USB would add even more cost, complexity and inconvenience, so it's no puzzle to me that no-one uses this approach. Maybe in the ultra high end exotic (think astronomical instruments).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4172 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgill View Post
You can load the calibrations direct from the CD or install .exe using oeminst.
All I can find on the supplied CD is colourmunkidisplaysetup.exe. I downloaded the latest version (released july 2014) and installed it last night, obvs HCFR won't run when that's running so I've disabled it and will run another calibration later. I see the drivers have been updated to a 2013 revision, my previous install dates from Oct 2012.

Hopefully this will help, otherwise I'll have to spunk another £100 on another CM display just to see if it's any different.
post #4173 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 05:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
All I can find on the supplied CD is colourmunkidisplaysetup.exe. I downloaded the latest version (released july 2014) and installed it last night, obvs HCFR won't run when that's running so
Well, you can install the X-Rite SW if that's what you really want to do, but you certainly don't need to do that just to make the CCSS calibration files available. Putting the CD in the computer and running oeminst is enough - it will extract the relevant files and save the resulting .ccss's to where ArgyllCMS and/or HCFR can find them.
post #4174 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, everyone. I want to ask does 3.0.4 work fine on win7 64 bit with spyder3? I have tried on old version 2.0 under win7 64 bit but the data is incorrect...

If still can't works fine, I have to find old notebook under Win xp......

Thanks
post #4175 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 309
post #4176 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwgill View Post
Well, you can install the X-Rite SW if that's what you really want to do, but you certainly don't need to do that just to make the CCSS calibration files available. Putting the CD in the computer and running oeminst is enough - it will extract the relevant files and save the resulting .ccss's to where ArgyllCMS and/or HCFR can find them.
But if I've got the various corrections already there in the drop down list (e.g. CCFL IPS, CCFL wide gamut, LCD RG, LCG RGB, LCD White and so on) then surely that means that they're already installed?

I've just tried another calibration anyway and I'm still getting the same thing: it's saying there's not enough red even though I can see an obvious red tint on the screen as it is.

Seeing as a calibration on my previous TV went fine without any change to either the software or the meter, it's gotta be one of two things: either my new TV has some different backlight voodoo which isn't accounted for with these current correction files, or my CM Display has gone bad. *le sigh* I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, just to make sure.

Anyone else here using HCFR with the current 2014 Bravias?
post #4177 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post

Seeing as a calibration on my previous TV went fine without any change to either the software or the meter, it's gotta be one of two things: either my new TV has some different backlight voodoo which isn't accounted for with these current correction files, or my CM Display has gone bad. *le sigh* I think I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new one, just to make sure.
Try to find out what the Bravia spectral distribution looks like since the meter is probably not the problem. Best solution would be to beg/borrow/(don't steal) an i1pro2 to profile your munki on it.
Geoff D likes this.
post #4178 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
you need help

hi, i am german and can help u to translate in german ...
for me, i want to underststand how hcfr is working, and other hand i need to learn more english :-)

I love my homecinema and my beamer marantz vp11s1 - and after changing the lamp, i must calibrate the beamer ... (for that, i buy spyder4 hd TV)

if you are interested, dont hesitate to contact me:-)

juwelix
post #4179 of 4179 Old Yesterday, 03:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
Try to find out what the Bravia spectral distribution looks like since the meter is probably not the problem. Best solution would be to beg/borrow/(don't steal) an i1pro2 to profile your munki on it.
I think stealing one would be my only option. I've done some more calibrations and I've got my primaries a bit tighter than where they were before, so perhaps the latest CM drivers have had an effect. It still looks a touch too red in the lower gamma registers, but it's better than where it was before.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page