HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 142 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 57Likes

post #4231 of 4251 Old 09-02-2014, 03:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 322
You should use plasma display type plus the CalMAN matrix in HCFR.

-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4232 of 4251 Old 09-02-2014, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Great! Thanks.
Is this a common way to profile in calman or the guy with the software and spectro should have used no plasma setting?
post #4233 of 4251 Old 09-02-2014, 08:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

It shouldn't matter either way, just one less correction to worry about if you want to use it in other software.
Andrei_VVB likes this.

-----

post #4234 of 4251 Old 09-03-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 242
B&H Photo has, after rebate:
i1 Display Pro for $224 and
ColorMunki Display for $144
until 9/6.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #4235 of 4251 Old 09-03-2014, 07:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei_VVB View Post
Is this a common way to profile in calman or the guy with the software and spectro should have used no plasma setting?
It's another level of confusion - you need to know which setting to use in combination with the correction matrix.

ArgyllCMS ccxxmake utility makes sure that the colorimeter is using one of the "calibration" display settings, and records which one that was in the resulting .ccmx correction matrix file, to try and eliminate this source of error.
post #4236 of 4251 Old 09-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have a Sony NX720 edge lit LCD TV. Should I pick LCD White LED setting in HCFR? If not which one. Thanks

BTW I did my first calibration on my projector.

BenQ W1070 : DLP Full HD, 3D Ready with lens-shift for 1000$
post #4237 of 4251 Old 09-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mac osx?

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for HCFR, this is a fantastic calibration software!!!

I was just wondering if a mac osx version will come, sooner or later. That would be definitely great!

Thank you very much

Andrea
post #4238 of 4251 Old 09-06-2014, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Error during generator initialisation

Hi. I'm getting the above error with the latest 3.1.5 on Win 8.1 x64 with my i1 Pro. I saw that somebody else had this same error a few weeks ago, but that seems unresolved too.

Steps to reproduce;
- start app
- File-New
- select HCFR Generator generator, then Next
- use default detected sensor Xrite i1 Display Pro, no meter correction, then Finish
- use default meter properties (non-refresh display, display reading type, default observer). Hit OK
- select "Measure Gray Scale"
- select Yes at "Run gray scale measures on 11 values" dialog
- receive above error

I had this working before with a year old version of HCFR on Win7 x64, but this is my first attempt to set it up again after upgrading (ahem) to Win 8.1.

Thanks!

P.S. in the first post, the thread link for "#151-#155 installing i1 Display Pro" is munged
post #4239 of 4251 Old 09-06-2014, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

"HCFR generator" was formerly used for automatic IR control of playback devices. If you want to display patterns from the laptop use "View images"

-----

post #4240 of 4251 Old 09-09-2014, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Since downloading 3.1.5 I seem to be ruining into problems with the madVR Test generator.

If say I wish to take a set of Gray scale measurements, the madVR test generator starts, then displays 0:0:0 at the bottom of the generator 'which I've never seen before', which then changes to 26:26:26, but then nothing happens. After a while the test generator ends and it goes back to HCFR.

Is there something I am missing here?

I was only using HCFR on Saturday on both my PC's. Tonight they are both producing the same problem.

I should say HCFR 3,1,1 works fine

Last edited by magicj1; 09-09-2014 at 11:41 AM.
post #4241 of 4251 Old 09-09-2014, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Try reselecting view images again (measures->generator->select), occasionally I will see problems when starting madTPG upon start-up or after PC syncs with display over HDMI. The triplet display is from the internal generator so also recheck that madTPG is selected in view images set-up dialog.
magicj1 likes this.

-----

post #4242 of 4251 Old 09-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
Try reselecting view images again (measures->generator->select), occasionally I will see problems when starting madTPG upon start-up or after PC syncs with display over HDMI. The triplet display is from the internal generator so also recheck that madTPG is selected in view images set-up dialog.

Cheers zoyd. Just running the older version on my PJ, this can take some time. I shall report back tomorrow all being well.
post #4243 of 4251 Old 09-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
OK, got it working. As you suggested, I needed to Measures/Generator/Configure then simply press 'OK'
post #4244 of 4251 Old 09-13-2014, 02:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesys View Post
Hi All,

First of all, thanks for HCFR, this is a fantastic calibration software!!!

I was just wondering if a mac osx version will come, sooner or later. That would be definitely great!

Thank you very much

Andrea
I have only Apple computers but I decided to buy a new $229 PC laptop just for calibration. I only use it for HT calibration.

Also, I hear the newest version of Parallels for OSX is great. However, I think buying a cheap PC laptop for HCFR is better... you could even go used possibly.

-Brian
post #4245 of 4251 Old 09-13-2014, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

I had done the same (refurb).
Now I have it running directly on my HTPC.
Michael

post #4246 of 4251 Old Today, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

So which do I believe?

Now that orion has me obsessing about saturations in addition to just primaries and secondaries (thanks for that, I think ), I have discovered a discrepancy.

If I run Measures -> Saturations -> All colors and make that the reference (which, in the examples below, have very good dEs), with some colors, running Measures -> Saturations -> Green (for example) gives me dramatically different readings (note "dE / ref"):

So, for now, if I make any changes to a color, I'm running the saturation sweep for all colors, just to be on the safe side. I think.

post #4247 of 4251 Old Today, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Hi - can you upload the .chc files demonstrating this problem and I will have a look.

-----

post #4248 of 4251 Old Today, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Just reran everything in broad daylight, so not the greatest results , but still demonstrates the difference.
Let me know if you want me to try anything else (unless, of course, someone else would like to try it, too ).
Thanks.

Michael
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (7.1 KB, 1 views)

post #4249 of 4251 Old Today, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

thanks, the problem is that the first pattern of the individual color sweep is being measured with a too low luminance compared to when it's run as part of the entire sweep probably due to some sort of dynamic dimming. I assume you are running using the internal generator, what is the iris latency time? Are you using full field patterns?

-----

Last edited by zoyd; Today at 10:15 AM.
post #4250 of 4251 Old Today, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Why would the individual run be different from the all-color run (under any circumstances)?
Yes, I'm using the internal generator, which is not full-field (plasma, i1D3 with calibration file).
I did not change the latency time (though I'll be happy to try that if you think it may help), but I did change the "Integratior (sic) Time," which had no effect.
The ones I had posted before were in a dark room, and the difference affected the 25% saturation as well.
So what do I believe?

post #4251 of 4251 Old Today, 03:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The files you sent only show a problem with the 1st pattern (0% saturation) and I can reproduce that same problem here if I set a very short latency time (10 ms) but at 250 ms there is no problem. So try increasing yours to 500 ms and see if that works.

-----

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page