HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 197 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 276Likes

post #5881 of 5886 Old 04-23-2015, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 642
hmmm...I can't test on Vista or XP but I changed the code that maintains aspect ratio to something a little safer. Please download and test, same version number on sourceforge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5882 of 5886 Old 04-23-2015, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
hmmm...I can't test on Vista or XP but I changed the code that maintains aspect ratio to something a little safer. Please download and test, same version number on sourceforge.
Thanks zoyd. The latest version no longer crashes on my Surface Pro running Windows 8.1.
post #5883 of 5886 Old 04-24-2015, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
Latest version doesn't crash on Vista. Much appreciated!
post #5884 of 5886 Old 04-25-2015, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 607
Just wanted to take this opportunity to thank Zoyd for all the outstanding work he does here on a daily basis. He is never to busy to answer questions and he has helped me a lot with my F8500 over the past several weeks. We are lucky to have him as a resource. Thank you Zoyd for all that you do with HCFR and your willingness to help it is truly appreciated !!
zoyd, ConnecTEDDD, s1andel and 2 others like this.

64F8500
55ST60
Harmony 650
Sony XT1 Soundbase
OPPO 103d
Calman Enthusiast/I1Pro/I1D3
post #5885 of 5886 Old 04-25-2015, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 8
HCFR Dual Display Support

I'm running HCFR on my laptop. The built-in display has a resolution of 1600x900, whereas the second display (TV to be calibrated) has full HD resolution (1920x1280). Sometimes I noticed that the test pattern only fills the upper left portion of the TV screen. My guess is that the pattern is using the laptop screen resolution rather than the TV screen resolution. It's not a problem for direct-view TVs as I can simply place the meter accordingly, but for projectors I'm afraid that the stray light may affect the accuracy of the measurement of darker patterns.

Is there an option to select the size of the test pattern?

Also, when running in dual display mode, it would be easier to be able to click directly on the button for a different test pattern, without having to "escape" out of the previous button.
post #5886 of 5886 Old 04-25-2015, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I'm running HCFR on my laptop. The built-in display has a resolution of 1600x900, whereas the second display (TV to be calibrated) has full HD resolution (1920x1280). Sometimes I noticed that the test pattern only fills the upper left portion of the TV screen. My guess is that the pattern is using the laptop screen resolution rather than the TV screen resolution. It's not a problem for direct-view TVs as I can simply place the meter accordingly, but for projectors I'm afraid that the stray light may affect the accuracy of the measurement of darker patterns.

Is there an option to select the size of the test pattern?
No, the pattern is sized using the selected display resolution. If you are using a mirrored desktop this won't work, switch modes so you have two separate displays and make sure you select the 1920x1080 display in the view images set-up box.

Quote:
Also, when running in dual display mode, it would be easier to be able to click directly on the button for a different test pattern, without having to "escape" out of the previous button.
Not gonna happen. Keys that you can use to escape the current pattern are esc, return, ctrl, & alt
jhughy2010 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration