HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 200 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 310Likes

post #5971 of 5986 Old 05-27-2015, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueChris View Post
Can anyone help me or point me how to make a matrix from my i1 spectro to my i1d3
free soft dispcalGUI / tools/create colorimeter corection
BlueChris likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 5986 Old 05-27-2015, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1andel View Post
free soft dispcalGUI / tools/create colorimeter corection
Thx m8 i have it its just i saw in hcfr some menus about calibrating a meter and i wasnt able to do it that's why i asked here.
Thx again
post #5973 of 5986 Old 05-27-2015, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 631 Post(s)
Liked: 442
From the link in the first post of this thread:
HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software
BlueChris likes this.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
post #5974 of 5986 Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22point8 View Post
This, last time I went to the trouble of manually inputting the coordinates it crashed.

A 9300K colour temp could help for people who want to calibrate the 9300K presets on their monitors.
DCI-P3 and 9300K are easy enough to add but can you tell me under what conditions the manual color space as crashing? I have not been able to reproduce this.
post #5975 of 5986 Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
What would you like to see in 3.3?
Come to think of it, a mac version would be nice.

Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
post #5976 of 5986 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Hey, it's been a while since I've used the software, got some questions. If I don't have a BD player connected to the display, what is the best way to get the needed patters displayed? In the past I had patterns on my computer and streamed then via mu WD SPM, but was told that is not an accurate method of getting the images on the screen. I CAN pull a BD player from one of my other systems, just hate doing that.

Was not really planning on redoing my calibration at this point, but somehow when I went to swing out my Samsung B650 TV to get to something I managed to get into store demo mode. Once I finally figured out how to get out of that mode all my hours of work calibrating was gone. I had written down the settings at one point, reinstalled those but the display looks crappy compared to what it was. It's been a year or two so it was time for a touch up, just had planned on doing other things now, but hate the look of the display so it gets a higher priority.

what are the best patterns to use now?
post #5977 of 5986 Old Yesterday, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Hey, it's been a while since I've used the software, got some questions. If I don't have a BD player connected to the display, what is the best way to get the needed patters displayed? In the past I had patterns on my computer and streamed then via mu WD SPM, but was told that is not an accurate method of getting the images on the screen. I CAN pull a BD player from one of my other systems, just hate doing that.

Was not really planning on redoing my calibration at this point, but somehow when I went to swing out my Samsung B650 TV to get to something I managed to get into store demo mode. Once I finally figured out how to get out of that mode all my hours of work calibrating was gone. I had written down the settings at one point, reinstalled those but the display looks crappy compared to what it was. It's been a year or two so it was time for a touch up, just had planned on doing other things now, but hate the look of the display so it gets a higher priority.

what are the best patterns to use now?

Struggled for months using a BD player and was never satisfied.

Recently began using HCFR's internal patterns and a 2nd monitor connected to the HTPC. Big improvement in usability and results.
post #5978 of 5986 Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
In the past I had patterns on my computer
This is the best way. Use the internal pattern generator (assuming the computer is still hooked up to the TV, and is your primary source).

post #5979 of 5986 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I guess I should have been clearer. My patterns resided on my main computer with all my media files and was streamed via the WD media player to the display. I do not have an option for dual monitors with the laptop I use for HCFR.

My two sources on this display are my Directv HR24 and my WD SMP player. The display will support a USB stick with jpg files if that is of any value.
post #5980 of 5986 Old Today, 05:31 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
My patterns resided on my main computer with all my media files and was streamed via the WD media player to the display. I do not have an option for dual monitors with the laptop I use for HCFR.
If you play all the media through the WD player, then ideally that is also how you show calibrate your display; i.e., send the test patterns through the same signal path as the regular media.

However, as others have stated, using HCFR's internal pattern generator is far more convenient. You don't need dual monitors.

If you do calibrate using the internal pattern generator, you should at least check out a few patterns via the WD player, so make sure there are no major differences.
anta1974 likes this.
post #5981 of 5986 Old Today, 12:05 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
I don't know, I can display all the patterns on the extended desktop (windows7). If you disconnect the display and reconnect sometimes you have to reselect the internal generator to get it to recognize there is a second display available.
Zoyd,

I did some more testing and really don't understand what is going on here. I am running Vista and am fully aware that I have to reselect the proper display (even if I don't disconnect). I checked several displays. Two Samsung LCD's (7 and 1 year old), and an Epson projector don't give problems. The Philips CRT however can't display the older test patterns (they show up on the laptop screen), no matter what target display I select, and this effect is reproducible. Is there a difference in the way the two sets of test patterns are coded or sent to the graphics card? Pull-down menu vs. pop-up menu?
post #5982 of 5986 Old Today, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks. I did connect my laptop to the display and ran the internal patters for grayscale. Some difference in readings. As I mentioned the only two sources for this display are the WD and my Directv receiver. I generally copy the settings from the Wd setup to the D input and get acceptable results.

Right now I think I'm getting more into the fuzzy end of calibrating, in that my settings are quite different than I had before but the results are similar. I'm experimenting with different set points to start from. Wish this display had day and night options since I use it about equally during the day and at night.

Question - how much does a display generally shift over a years time? How often to you tweak the settings? I'm wondering if the variance I see from before is due to the display aging. I had my main plasma display calibrated by Chad 4 or 5 years ago, it still looks great but the results when I run HCFR on it show it to be off substantially.
post #5983 of 5986 Old Today, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 807 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slower View Post
Zoyd,

I did some more testing and really don't understand what is going on here. I am running Vista and am fully aware that I have to reselect the proper display (even if I don't disconnect). I checked several displays. Two Samsung LCD's (7 and 1 year old), and an Epson projector don't give problems. The Philips CRT however can't display the older test patterns (they show up on the laptop screen), no matter what target display I select, and this effect is reproducible. Is there a difference in the way the two sets of test patterns are coded or sent to the graphics card? Pull-down menu vs. pop-up menu?
Can you install an older version before I started fiddling with the advanced patterns (like 3.1.9) and see if the problem still exists?
post #5984 of 5986 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Question - how much does a display generally shift over a years time? How often to you tweak the settings?
Very little.
Very often.

As a kid, I used to tune up my car every weekend. Now I "tweak" the TV. Probably still not making the slightest bit of difference, but it's fun.
Michael

post #5985 of 5986 Old Today, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
Very little.

Interesting; somewhere I read plasmas needed to be re-calibrated more frequently due to what I'll call 'decay'.
post #5986 of 5986 Old Today, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Probably on the LCD thread.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration