HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 212 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 419Likes
post #6331 of 6336 Old 08-01-2015, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Did a 10 point Luma test and delta-E numbers were far from satisfactory, I mean some were in double digits. I was able to get pretty good saturation sweeps this averaged at 1.5 or lower. So what are the steps for calibrating luma?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6332 of 6336 Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Did a 10 point Luma test and delta-E numbers were far from satisfactory, I mean some were in double digits. I was able to get pretty good saturation sweeps this averaged at 1.5 or lower. So what are the steps for calibrating luma?
post 6315
post #6333 of 6336 Old Today, 04:50 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcn View Post
post 6315
Didn't see anything there about 10 point luma calibration, this is for color as a part of color checker.
post #6334 of 6336 Old Today, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 437 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisplayCalNoob View Post
Didn't see anything there about 10 point luma calibration, this is for color as a part of color checker.
Thought luma is the same as luminance, interdependent with gamma cal. Luminance graph can be broken out by RGB, if that's useful. Someone will directly answer your question.

Edit: now understand you asked about CIE luminance Y', not gamma luminance Y. Someone will have the right answer.

Last edited by bmcn; Today at 06:15 AM.
post #6335 of 6336 Old Today, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
So far HCFR Calibration works perfectly fine in Windows 10 with one exception. When I move cursor to any toolbar icon/button, like "Luminance Graph", "CIE Diagram", or "Measure Red Saturation Scale", the orange-green balloon notification, the actual text that says "Luminance Graph" when you hover cursor on that icon/button appears extremely slow, choppy, with low framerate. I think it was a lot faster in Windows 8.1. Aside from that - all is peachy.

Another TINY issue is that there is a pattern called "Geometrie" and I think it should be renamed to "Geometry" instead... I think "Geometrie" was from French translation?

Big thanks to Zoyd! HCFR Calibration is a fully functional measurement software now, no worse than some of the other big packages!

P.S. All that is truly missing now are new high-resolution/definition or at least heavily upscaled toolbar icons/buttons. I wish I was good with Photoshop and could make some on my own... Anyway, new icons/buttons would give HCFR Calibration a modern look.
post #6336 of 6336 Unread Today, 08:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masharak View Post
So far HCFR Calibration works perfectly fine in Windows 10 with one exception. When I move cursor to any toolbar icon/button, like "Luminance Graph", "CIE Diagram", or "Measure Red Saturation Scale", the orange-green balloon notification, the actual text that says "Luminance Graph" when you hover cursor on that icon/button appears extremely slow, choppy, with low framerate. I think it was a lot faster in Windows 8.1. Aside from that - all is peachy.
I encountered a somewhat different problem with Windows 10 running on my Dell Latitude E6420 laptop, using the i1Display Pro sensor. In the grid view, if I click on the Continuous Measure icon and then select a different column, HCFR does not always switch to that column. I would have to stop the continuous measure, select that column, and run the continuous measure again. Also, the icon may show a green triangle (Run) instead of a red X (Stop), while it's in the continuous measure mode.

I did not notice that problem on that laptop, running Windows 8.1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page