Steps to Load Driver:
Here are the steps I took to load HCFR driver into the calibration software:
1. Make sure your device is connected via usb to the computer. Go to Device Manager and click on the usb device that you want to connect for the hcfr. My computer indicates an "Argyll" device.
2. Click to open this device and you should see a Properties window. Click on the drivers' tab and hit uninstall (to clear improper drivers). Then close the window.
3. Restart your computer. After the computer restarts, there should be some indication that your computer has "new hardware" which should be the usb device for your hcfr. A wizard window should open to start the process of installing your driver. Do not do anything with the Wizard program at this time. Just leave it open and come back to it later.
4. Go to your program files (via windows explorer, etc.) and open up the HCFR Calibration File (not the Color HCFR, which may be the old software). Click open this file and you should see a drivers file. Click open the drivers file (you should see all of the drivers, including spyder, etc.). Right click on the address bar and copy the program's drivers' address to later paste in the HCFR program. You can then close this window. The address should look something like this:
C:\Program Files\HCFR Calibration\Drivers
5. Go back to the Wizard program and click "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", then hit next button.
6. Click "Search for the best driver in these locations" and then only check the "Include this location in the search:" Right click on your mouse the box below this latter option and hit paste to insert into this box the previously copied drivers address from the HCFR Calibration program files. The HCFR Calibration program's drivers' address should appear inside of this box. Hit next button.
7. The Wizard program should be locating and installing your driver for the calibration device. Hit finish when the Wizard program is done.
8. Open HCFR program and select New. You should see a "Generator Selection" page. Select DVD manual and hit next. Scroll down the sensor's list and select your driver (which should be there) for your device. The next page should be a meter property page and your meter's name should be there. Only options for measurements should be LCD and CRT (at least it is for mine). Select CRT for plasmas. For other suggestions, consult this forum.
9. For calibrating the sensor, the program may ask for a white test pattern. I use the 100% White. Not sure if this correct.
These are my recommendations.