HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 292 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 904Likes

post #8731 of 8735 Old Today, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1228 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_max2k2 View Post
I'm sure this has been asked and answered before, I tried searching but I couldn't get an answer. How do we see Gamma values in real time while doing the calibaration, I can see the graph, but i'm not sure where they show up while doing the measures.
All the graphs in HCFR are real-time; i.e., you can see the graph update point-by-point during a sweep. However, if you're manually measuring and adjusting each point, the most convenient way would be to display the normal measurement grid (where you can click on each column heading to select it), and display the gamma graph in the lower right Information window (replacing the Comments window).

Even without looking at the graph, if you simply adjust Y to match Y target based on the measurement grid, the gamma will automatically be correct.

Last edited by Dominic Chan; Today at 06:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8732 of 8735 Old Today, 06:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despoiler View Post
Since you branched HCFR you should create your own thread.
It is not my intention to branch or fork it off. I just wanted to see if I could contribute some of my time to fix some issues, since Zoyd doesn't seem to be very active right now due to RL\time constraints.
I've signed up to SourceForge, and will send zoyd a PM to see if he'll find the time to review my changes and merge them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo949 View Post
Better yet, coordinate a response from Zoyd and keep all the improvements in one place, this thread.
I think so too.

Been looking more into the whole Chromecast red/blue saturation sweep crash. It looks like there's a small computation bug in HCFR's RGB calculations (in REC.709 mode), which causes the ccast library to trip up.
From what I can tell, the workaround I added for Chromecast specifically shouldn't affect the accuracy of patterns\readings, so I feel confident enough to carry on with other small bits and bobs.
mo949 likes this.

Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings
Vizio M55-C2 | M8S+ with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
post #8733 of 8735 Old Today, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1228 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
It is not my intention to branch or fork it off. I just wanted to see if I could contribute some of my time to fix some issues, since Zoyd doesn't seem to be very active right now due to RL\time constraints.
I've signed up to SourceForge, and will send zoyd a PM to see if he'll find the time to review my changes and merge them in.
Yes, that seems to be the best approach. What was confusing, was probably your previous post which said
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Coolest View Post
I decided to create my own branch of HCFR...
Where can people download the installation executable for your current version?

post #8734 of 8735 Old Today, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1620 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaranddeeman View Post
On my projector (Epson 6040ub), there is color isolation setting for RGB. i.e. when selected it displays the contents only in R, G or B.
I was wondering if this would be helpful when calibrating the primaries in any way. or is there any other usage of this feature?
OK. After some "googling", it appears that this will help when adjusting the color control using the standard calibration disks (like S&M, DVE etc.) and use this mode instead of the included color filter.
Not so much for any sensor based calibration procedure. Why they call it one of the ISF controls is beyond me.
post #8735 of 8735 Old Today, 11:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
Yes, that seems to be the best approach. What was confusing, was probably your previous post which said

Where can people download the installation executable for your current version?
Right, I guess I should have made myself more clear.
I'll see if I can upload it tonight, I haven't gotten to it yet.

Vizio M60-D1 | T95M with LibreELEC | Vizio SB3851-D0 | Calibration + Settings
Vizio M55-C2 | M8S+ with LibreELEC | Calibration + Settings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page