HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 300 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 925Likes

Old 05-02-2017, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1369 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by markabuckley View Post
any reason the Primaries would be so "out" please ? I'm sure its not the TV settings - I'm sure its a setting I have wrong in HCFR but not sure what - whether I ran continuous or the set of primary tests I was getting delta Es in the 30-40s
When the grey scales patterns are of of sync, you get essentially the same colour (x=0.3127, y=0.3290), but the wrong Y, resulting a wrong gamma but "OK" dE. However, when the Primaries are out of sync, you would be measuring the completely wrong colours, which would have a huge dE.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 05-02-2017 at 03:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2017, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
v3.4.2 has a bug that results in the measurements being out-of-sync with the test patterns, when using Floating Window pattern (default) and the automatic pattern generator. You can switch to GDI or external pattern generator, and see if the problem persists.
This does not fully deal with the pattern generation issue. See the attached file for the 500 color checker to see. This was using GDI. Is there an archived prior version somewhere that can be downloaded?

This was done on my P50-C1 with an i1D3. I don't have a device correction matrix. I've honed my technique specifically with Vizio M and P 2015 and 2016 4K TVs (I own 4). I prefer, when possible, using the 20-point generator for the saturation scale when not using Ted's disc. The P series does not have an internal player as easy to use as the 2015 M series for his disc on thumb drive and my P series is used as a monitor, not a TV, so calibrating for the pattern sent on the computer is perfectly acceptable for accuracy for the media used and signals sent (as well as inaccuracies built in from video card, etc.). So, a bit of lee way on the controls for the file attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ajd20first.zip (32.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-06-2017, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc9988 View Post
Is there an archived prior version somewhere that can be downloaded?
All previous versions are available for download here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/hcfr/files/Windows/
ajc9988 likes this.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List

Old 05-06-2017, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Sorry about that previous file uploaded. The file must be corrupted. It is saying the target Y is 112, but the actual reading was 121. Once you leave the grey scale, if you return to it, the dE is way skewed. This happens also if a report is made from that file. So after leaving the grey scale after opening the file, it throws everything off, even though I got the accuracy of the display down to a dE of 2.32 for the worst 10% of the 500 colors that it could check.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc9988 View Post
Sorry about that previous file uploaded. The file must be corrupted. It is saying the target Y is 112, but the actual reading was 121. Once you leave the grey scale, if you return to it, the dE is way skewed.
The skewing of dE happened when HCFR re-aligns the measured Y at 100% (121) to the Target Y (112), without scaling the remaining readings. However, I'm not sure why the mismatch existed in the first place, as HCFR in general uses the measured 100% Y as the Target.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List

Last edited by Dominic Chan; 05-07-2017 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Asked this question in LS10000 thread, but I think it is more appropriate here.

Basic question: I'm using HCFR and i display pro. When it asks what type of display to use, I'm really not sure which to choose for the LS10000. There is refresh, non refresh, etc. So, what type of display do I tell HCFR that I'm using?

Thanks
Old 05-18-2017, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshorejl View Post
Basic question: I'm using HCFR and i display pro. When it asks what type of display to use, I'm really not sure which to choose for the LS10000. There is refresh, non refresh, etc. So, what type of display do I tell HCFR that I'm using?
Unless you have access to a spectrophotometer to create a custom correction file, I would just use the "raw" (non-refresh) setting.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List
Old 05-18-2017, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 16
perfect. thanks!
Old 05-19-2017, 03:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwound View Post
you must install i1 profiler software, or the corresponding software for colormunki.
Hi,

I had the chance to get the same friendly IT-guy in (the new install is on my company pc,... , so I can't do it myself), to install the company software for the Colormunki.

rebooted everything, shut off the colormunki process in the system tray.

started HCFR, new project, I can select the Colormunki, but in the next tab I can still only select 'refresh' or 'non-refresh' display en none of the other choices of dispays show up.

I guess they are 'correction-tables' for the different mentioned displays you can normally select from. Does anybody know where these files are located so maybe I can copy them from the laptop where I can select them, to the others,... I can't seem to find them anywhere in the maps,...

Gr.
Djorre.

Last edited by Djorre; 05-19-2017 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djorre View Post
I had the chance to get the same friendly IT-guy in (the new install is on my company pc,... , so I can't do it myself), to install the company software for the Colormunki.
If your aim is to install the X-rite i1d3 display calibrations, then you don't have to install the X-Rite software - just run ArgyllCMS oeminst with the CD in the driver, or copy the CD or download setup.exe to your computer, and run oeminst on it.
See here.

Last edited by gwgill; 05-21-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, Just wondering if there are any specific settings I should be checking.changing to calibrate with?

I'm using an X-Rite i1Display Pro and calibrating my LG OLED55C6V (2016), using the AVSHD709 free MP4's. (also, should I play these through my UB700 UHD player, or is direct from the tv's usb video app ok?) (also also, when I play the files on my ps4, they're MUCH smaller windows, is that better or worse than playing the same files through my UB700/TV?)

I've read that I should increase integration time to 2.0 seconds, but the max in the settigns is 1.0, is that ok? or is it latency that I should increase to 2000ms?? confused.

People have told me to use the "non-refresh" profile, but I notice there is an OLED profile, should I use that instead?

Any other settings I should be aware of with this setup?
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Tidbury View Post
Hi, Just wondering if there are any specific settings I should be checking.changing to calibrate with?

I'm using an X-Rite i1Display Pro and calibrating my LG OLED55C6V (2016), using the AVSHD709 free MP4's. (also, should I play these through my UB700 UHD player, or is direct from the tv's usb video app ok?) (also also, when I play the files on my ps4, they're MUCH smaller windows, is that better or worse than playing the same files through my UB700/TV?)
While you're getting familiar with HCFR and calibration in general, I find it easiest to use the HCFR internal (automatic) patterns. You can use the disc-based patterns for final confirmation and fine-tuning.

Quote:
People have told me to use the "non-refresh" profile, but I notice there is an OLED profile, should I use that instead?
I believe the built-in OLED profile is for a different panel and does not work well with OG OLED.

JVC DLA-RS4910
HCFR Bug List
Old Today, 06:21 AM
pbc
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quick questions, have ChromaPure 2.0 and want to give HCFR a try, using a i1 Display Pro on an LG OLED (and a Vizio LCD if I get around to it).

Looking at possibly getting my meter profiled against a spectro, but until then is there a meter correction file people are currently using for OLED, thought I read that somewhere in this thread.

In Display type, what profile should we be selecting for OLED if per the above post the build in LED OLED is not for LG OLEDs?

Should Reading type and Observer Type be left at default?

Changes to Integration time at all?

My DIY Subs ... http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1233892

Quote:

J Dunlavy:.. if you stop to think about it, no loudspeaker can sound more accurate than it measures.

Old Today, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi I'm wanting to calibrate my 4k TV is there a more suitable guide for a Samsung 4k tv as I guess some of the stings will need to be different as the guide on here is 2 years old I have an xrite-i1 pro

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement