HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 24Likes

post #151 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
OK the first version with the new meter code is now here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hcfr...p.exe/download

With most meters you'll need to install the supplied drivers instead of the supplied ones to make it work, with the i1display 3 then it may work with the x-rite driver as these use a slightly different method. Probably best to try with the meter's own drivers before installing the supplied drivers but first stop any tasks that might have the drivers open.

The meter name to select after choosing the generator is Argyll, the name of the detected meter is then displayed in the main window.

After you pick the meter it will go to the config page on which you have the choice of CRT/LCD and contact/projector, not all meters care about all these settings, the i1 needs the CRT/LCD and the colormunki photo needs the contact/projector one.

After setting the meter settings press enter and it will try and calibrate the meter if required.

The rest of the instructions around for hcfr should then work fine.

The way the meters are detected and selected is far from ideal so will probably change quite soon, this is just quick and dirty to see what works and what doesn't.

Let us know how you get on...

John

My Company - Upsilon Software
Free Projects - DScaler & hcfr fork
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAd View Post

OK the first version with the new meter code is now here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/hcfr...p.exe/download

With most meters you'll need to install the supplied drivers instead of the supplied ones to make it work, with the i1display 3 then it may work with the x-rite driver as these use a slightly different method. Probably best to try with the meter's own drivers before installing the supplied drivers.

The meter name to select after choosing the generator is Argyll, the name of the detected meter is then displayed in the main window.

After you pick the meter it will go to the config page on which you have the choice of CRT/LCD and contact/projector, not all meters care about all these settings, the i1 needs the CRT/LCD and the colormunki photo needs the contact/projector one.

After setting the meter settings press enter and it will try and calibrate the meter if required.

The rest of the instructions around for hcfr should then work fine.

The way the meters are detected and selected is far from ideal so will probably change quite soon, this is just quick and dirty to see what works and what doesn't.

Let us know how you get on...

John

Thanks, John. I'm a little confused. Are you saying that for the Display 3, regardless of display type, I should select CRT/LCD? The television I plan to test this on is a plasma...

Also, do you know what directory I need to drop the driver into? Is it the same as previous versions of HCFR?
post #153 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

No i'm saying that for the i1d3 the only 2 modes available at the moment are lcd and crt.

There is no need to copy files into the directory with the new driver code, for some meters you will have to replace your existing drivers with the supplied ones but no further installation or copying is required. The new code doesn't use any vendor supplied dlls at all.

John

post #154 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No i'm saying that for the i1d3 the only 2 modes available at the moment are lcd and crt.

There is no need to copy files into the directory with the new driver code, for some meters you will have to replace your existing drivers with the supplied ones but no further installation or copying is required. The new code doesn't use any vendor supplied dlls at all.

John

Can the two versions of HCFR be on the same machine at the same time? Or do I need to install to another laptop?
post #155 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescale View Post

Can the two versions of HCFR be on the same machine at the same time? Or do I need to install to another laptop?

appears they can coexist. i just installed the new version on a laptop that already had the old version on it. granted, i just did it five minutes ago, so i can't say for sure that they'll both work. but i can vouch that the new one installs and they both start up fine.

post #156 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Firstly... Thank You to John for the work, this is fantastic!

Secondly... I am assuming this does not remove any of the meters that worked with previous HCFR releases (sorry if this has already been stated, I did not see it)?

Thanks again John!
Jason
post #157 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They can sit side by side, they installin on different directories by default. For some meters you'll have to swap meter drivers though.

John

post #158 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 10:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Firstly... Thank You to John for the work, this is fantastic!

Secondly... I am assuming this does not remove any of the meters that worked with previous HCFR releases (sorry if this has already been stated, I did not see it)?

Thanks again John!
Jason

I've had to remove support for the method used to access the i1 and spyder meter's previuosly as they used non-free code that I do not have rights to distribute, all the meters that were supported are supported by the new access method though.

John

post #159 of 4001 Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi John,

I didn't have much time to play with this tonight so my testing was certainly incomplete. When trying to use the Display 3 with your release of HCFR, the readings were very erratic. The color bars ping-ponged between 93% and 114%. It made taking a decent measurement and adjusting settings nearly impossible. I wonder if this is due to the lack of plasma mode for the Display 3. I tried both LCD and CRT for my display type, but it didn't help matters.

In the previous version of HCFR, using my Display 2, readings are quite stable. I did not have a chance to try the Display 2 in your release. I also didn't have the chance to try the Display 2 in the previous version to see how it behaved when I selected LCD or CRT as the display type. I'll test both of these over the weekend.
post #160 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hi John,

When trying to use the Display 3 with your release of HCFR, the readings were very erratic. The color bars ping-ponged between 93% and 114%. It made taking a decent measurement and adjusting settings nearly impossible.

Thanks very much for testing, good that it finds and connects to the meter at least.

Did you have to install any drivers or did it work with the x-rite ones?

The lack of stability is certainly odd but extreme enough that there is probably a simple enough explaination, I'll check that I haven't missed any important settings calling the api.

Can I also ask you to get hold of the argyllcms code and confirm that the spotread command line program gives stable results, if that's stable then it should be a fairly simple fix. If not then it may take a bit longer.

Also can you post the chc file with your measurements just so that i can see the results you got.

Thanks again

John

post #161 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

I've had to remove support for the method used to access the i1 and spyder meter's previuosly as they used non-free code that I do not have rights to distribute, all the meters that were supported are supported by the new access method though.

John

I understand and thank you for the quick reply.

Jason
post #162 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks very much for testing, good that it finds and connects to the meter at least.

Did you have to install any drivers or did it work with the x-rite ones?

I dropped the x-rite .dll into the driver's directory, but don't think it it used those drivers. I'm pretty sure it used the argyll drivers you prepackaged.

Quote:

Can I also ask you to get hold of the argyllcms code and confirm that the spotread command line program gives stable results, if that's stable then it should be a fairly simple fix. If not then it may take a bit longer.

I've never used it, but I'll give it a shot. From reading their documentation, I can't tell if Argyll uses it's own pattern generator, or if you can put up your own patterns. My laptop doesn't have an HDMI port, so I'm not sure how I'll get the pattern onto the television.

Quote:

Also can you post the chc file with your measurements just so that i can see the results you got.

I think I only saved my first pass. After that, it was just a series of frustrating attempts to get stable free measures so I could make adjustments. I'll post what I have tomorrow as I've powered that machine down.
post #163 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Doesn't recognise my Colormunki Design (the Spectro version), after selecting Argyll, HCFR reports "Incorrect Driver - starting communications with the meter failed with severe error". Tried with drivers running in Services and then tried with them stopped (as per Calman) but no go.

Then again, I'm not too sure if HCFR Fork is supposed to support the Colormunki Spectro or not The original HCFR certainly did not.
post #164 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Butler View Post

Doesn't recognise my Colormunki Design (the Spectro version), after selecting Argyll, HCFR reports "Incorrect Driver - starting communications with the meter failed with severe error". Tried with drivers running in Services and then tried with them stopped (as per Calman) but no go.

Then again, I'm not too sure if HCFR Fork is supposed to support the Colormunki Spectro or not The original HCFR certainly did not.

Colormunki Design is supported by Argyll, so I believe it should be supported by John's release of HCFR:

http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/ArgyllDoc.html
post #165 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I dropped the x-rite .dll into the driver's directory, but don't think it it used those drivers. I'm pretty sure it used the argyll drivers you prepackaged.

Dropping the dll shoudl have no effect but do not harm, If you didn't install them the drivers in the driver directory aren't used.

Quote:

I've never used it, but I'll give it a shot. From reading their documentation, I can't tell if Argyll uses it's own pattern generator, or if you can put up your own patterns. My laptop doesn't have an HDMI port, so I'm not sure how I'll get the pattern onto the television.

Spotread is about as simple as it gets, no patterns or anything.

get the windows package here:

http://www.argyllcms.com/Argyll_V1.3.5_win32_exe.zip

find the spotread exe and then open a command prompt and go to that directory and type

spotread -y c

this should fire it up, then pressing the spacebar gets a new measurement.

Just place the meter in from of something stable, I use the white from a large explorer window for this sort of thing.

Quote:

I think I only saved my first pass. After that, it was just a series of frustrating attempts to get stable free measures so I could make adjustments. I'll post what I have tomorrow as I've powered that machine down.

No problem, I just want to see how unstable the XYZ reading are as I may have introduced a bug into the RGB bit and I just wanted to check that too.

John

post #166 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Butler View Post

It should work with that meter, I've been testing with one

That message means it found the meter but can't talk to it. You need to install the supplied driver which is in the program install directory under Drivers. It doesn't work with the x-rite one. I know this is annoying but for now swapping drivers is the best I can do.

John

post #167 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

spotread -y c

this should fire it up, then pressing teh spacebar gets a new measurement.

When I try to set the display type using -y c (or l), I get an error message stating the device does not support it.

Here's an example of 3 consecutive readings (without any switches):

10.591706 11.196566 12.158057
10.192485 10.959443 12.235755
9.609362 10.883617 12.169438
post #168 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Advanced Member

Here are two passes done within minutes of each other - no changes were made:

Calibration Files.zip 7.224609375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: zip Calibration Files.zip (7.2 KB, 8 views)
post #169 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 01:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When I try to set the display type using -y c (or l), I get an error message stating the device does not support it.

Here's an example of 3 consecutive readings (without any switches):

10.591706 11.196566 12.158057
10.192485 10.959443 12.235755
9.609362 10.883617 12.169438

Ok that's pretty random....

I've just got some new code from the guy behind ArgyllCms that has some fixes for the integration time on the i1d3 so I'll integrate these in and hopefully get another release out next week, they will take a while as the api has changed as well.

John

post #170 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It should work with that meter, I've been testing with one

That message means it found the meter but can't talk to it. You need to install the supplied driver which is in the program install directory under Drivers. It doesn't work with the x-rite one. I know this is annoying but for now swapping drivers is the best I can do.

John

Aha! Sorry John, I missed that bit - will try again once I get home.

Thank you for breathing new life into HCFR!
post #171 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I've been looking at the new code and I should be able to merge it in properly either over the weekend or early next week.

There may well need to be some tweaking needed for the i1d3 so bear with me.

I'll probably add a few option to allow for longer intergration times to reduce the noise a bit but that may be in the version after the next one...

John

post #172 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Wow, this is great. Looks like I need to hurry up and pick up an i1 to test out.

John, is it possible to add a few quick lines in the first post to provide setup guidance?

Such as driver installation, need to copy/move driver file, etc.

Since it is a little different than the original HCFR, it will help new folks coming in and also avoid asking repeated questions.

Thanks again for the great work, and I aplogize if my request was uncesseary.
post #173 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokarz View Post

John, is it possible to add a few quick lines in the first post to provide setup guidance?

Such as driver installation, need to copy/move driver file, etc.

Good point, I'l probably point to the project wiki, but will try and get some instructions up. For meter's that I haven't got if people could help out and update that, it would be great.

btw the wiki should be visible here

http://hcfr.sourceforge.net/

and if you log into sourceforge then you should be able to edit it

John

post #174 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 10:52 AM

First off, a big Thank You! to John. I've gotten an i1Display Pro recently, and I was quite frustrated with the apps available (or not available) for it. Reactivating the project is awesome !

Now on to my initial experience with the new version of HCFR. I'll be a little verbose, and hopefully that will help John with the development, so bear with me here. I have 2 colorimeters: a DTP-94 that I've had for a very, very long time, and an i1Display Pro retail (i1D3). I got the i1D3 because I've become suspicious of the DTP-94 recently, and it turns out that the DTP-94 indeed has a big problem. But I digress.

I installed the new package on my computer without any problems. I already had the latest version of HCFR from 2009, but the new install selected a different folder, and I had no problems. I started the program, with both devices plugged in, selected the Argyll device, and I suddenly got the "Incorrect Driver - starting communications with the meter failed with severe error" message. Both devices were running with the XRite drivers. I went back to the sensor selection screen, selected the DTP-94 device, and voila, the program started up just fine. Took a full set of readings, and everything looked OK.

But, my interest was with the i1D3. So I installed the Argyll drivers, first just for the i1D3, then for the DTP-94 as well. I tried all possible combinations between them, but the result was the same: HCFR would work fine with the DTP-94 on both drivers, but it wouldn't work with the i1D3 on either driver.

As I've already mentioned, I was pretty desperate to get the program working. I am a programmer, but I haven't done any C in a very, very, VERY long time. Well, desperation makes you do crazy things. I downloaded the source code, brought it up in VS2008 and compiled it. It compiled right out of the box - great job on that, John. Running the program in debug mode gave me the same results, so I decided to tinker with it. I commented a couple of lines of code where the program is bypassing HID devices (lines 80-81 in usbio.c):

Code:
    if (descriptor.bDeviceClass == LIBUSB_CLASS_HID)
                return 0;
I reinstalled the original XRite drivers for the i1D3, restarted the program, selected the Argyll sensor, and voila again ! The i1D3 showed up and was working ! I took some readings, and everything looked good. I went back to the precompiled EXE, and that one started to work as well with the i1D3. I'm not sure what to make of it, except that Windows either had a glitch, or it somehow reset the device and allowed it to better report its details. At this point, the device was working, so I moved on.

I verified both sensors by taking multiple readings, with and without the monitor calibration profiles loaded. The readings have been in the expected range, and they have been consistent. The i1D3 has some slight variations - I think due to the speed it reads the patches - I timed it at exactly 10 seconds for the entire grayscale, primaries and secondaries set. That's 17 patches in 10 seconds, just over half a second for each. The variations were just slight in my case, so I don't worry about it. Of note is that the first 3-4 gray patches were considerably slower, just over a second, while the light grays went by very, very fast. The DTP-94 was consistent as well (though wrong, but that's a device problem).

I did however, find some issues that bear mentioning.
1) if you use an i1D3, make sure you disable "Confirmation message" under Advanced -> Preferences -> Advanced. The device will not wait for your confirmation, and it will start reading, giving errant readings. By the time you click OK, the generator has almost already finished going through the grayscale.
2) in a couple of instances, the Argyll meter selection did not recognize the i1D3 because the cap on the lens was on. In my case, I usually keep it on until just before I run the process. The odd thing is that I can't replicate the issue. It happened a couple of times, and then it just went away.
3) if you have multiple meters on your computer, you may get strange problems. In my case I was running at times with both devices attached. The Argyll selection screen would not populate the device name after it was selected, and you might not know which device is selected, since the selection screen only displays the meter number, not the name.
4) as I just mentioned the Argyll selection screen does not always populate the name of the device once you make your selection and close the window. I was able to consistently replicate that. I would go to the selection screen, select meter 2 (the i1D3), click OK, and the Sensor would show just "Argyll Meter" no matter how long I waited. I would go back in the selection screen, simply click OK, and now the name would appear under sensor, i1Display3. The meter was still selected the first time around, and it was working fine, but the sensor data was just not being updated.
5) I have an odd issue when both meters are running on the XRite drivers, and both are plugged in. I suppose this is due to the enumeration of the devices in the original list. Here's the issue: the i1D3 is assigned meter 2; meter 1 seems to be assigned, but it generates the "Incorrect Driver - starting communications with the meter failed with severe error" message, if selected. If I unplug the DTP-94, the i1D3 is assigned to meter 1, and it works fine. I am speculating that somehow Argyll still detects the DTP-94 as a valid device when it's connected, but it can't initialize it with the XRite drivers.
6) you CANNOT have 2 active calibration windows with the same meter selected. The original calibration window will work fine, but the second window will give you the "Incorrect Driver ..." message
7) the "Argyll Meter Property Page" screen (sensor selection screen) will default to the previously selected meter number. If you plug/unplug meters, or unplug them and then plug them in another USB port, the assigned meter number can, and most likely will, change. If you ever selected a meter higher than 1, the screen will never default back to meter 1, unless you specifically select it.
8) if you have a problem with the meter selected, you will not know it when you click OK. The Argyll properties page will close without any message, and it will seem like everything is working fine. If there is an error, you will usually get it only when you re-open the Argyll properties window.
9) if a sensor is detected on a particular meter number, you will either get no error message when selected, or the "Incorrect driver ..." message. If there is no sensor detected on a given meter number, you will receive the message "No meter found - Create new Argyll instrument failed with severe error"
10) with the i1D3, if you get the message "Meter is in incorrect position", it means that the cap is on the lens. You need to open it up before you take any readings
11) in my case, both meters work with both drivers (XRite and Argyll), as long as they are set up correctly.

I'm sure I forgot some stuff - I worked on this well into the night - but I think these are my major findings. Now let me try to give some pointers to anybody else who's testing with the i1D3 (and, I'm guessing the ColorMunki as well):
- install the new executable
- for the beginning, at least, make sure you only have 1 meter attached to your computer.
- I suggest using the original XRite drivers first
- when the program opens up, select New -> View Images (Generator) -> Argyll (Sensor) -> Finish
- the "Argyll Meter Property Page" is shown - click OK
- if you get an "Incorrect Driver ..." message click OK, click on the icon next to "Argyll Meter" in the Sensor box, and select meter #2. Click OK. If you get the same error, try again with all the remaining meter numbers. If you don't get the error, but the sensor name does not appear in the Sensor box, go back into the Argyll properties page, and simply click OK. (you can also get to the Argyll properties page from the Menu: Measures -> Sensor -> Configure)
- if none of this works, install the Argyll driver for the device and restart the program,

Wow, I didn't realize I was going to type this much. I hope this was of help to some of you. John, thanks again for restarting the project. Keep up the good work !
post #175 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 62
that's a great write up TheDac. certainly will help me when i am ready to start testing.
post #176 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDac View Post

I reinstalled the original XRite drivers for the i1D3, restarted the program, selected the Argyll sensor, and voila again ! The i1D3 showed up and was working ! I took some readings, and everything looked good. I went back to the precompiled EXE, and that one started to work as well with the i1D3. I'm not sure what to make of it, except that Windows either had a glitch, or it somehow reset the device and allowed it to better report its details. At this point, the device was working, so I moved on.

Thanks for the detailed write-up. Out of curiosity, what type of display do you have?
post #177 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 02:32 PM

It's been like 3 years since I have calibrated a display and haven't logged back into AVS till last week. I recently purchased 2 new tv's and thought it would be great to calibrate them. I seen the new iD3 and thought it would be a great time to upgrade my i1D2 but realized OOHH! It's not going to work with HCFR. The price of the iD3 with new software put it out of my league. But here you guys are. Plugging away just in time and making things happen. I really can't express how truly excited I am to see you guys working on this project. You have taken time out of your day so others can begin to move forward.
Thanks for your hard work!!!!!
post #178 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the detailed write-up. Out of curiosity, what type of display do you have?

So far, I've done my testing on the PC monitor. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 305T+ (LCD). Next up will be a couple of Panasonic plasmas and an Epson projector. That might take a couple of weeks though.
post #179 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDac View Post

So far, I've done my testing on the PC monitor. It's a Samsung SyncMaster 305T+ (LCD). Next up will be a couple of Panasonic plasmas and an Epson projector. That might take a couple of weeks though.

If I could convince you to just try doing a few free measures on the Panasonic Plasmas over the weekend, I'd be eternally grateful. That's the display I have, and any readings at 40 IRE and below are completely unstable. My theory is the speed of the display3 coupled with dithering on the plasma is causing the problem. There needs to be some sort of algorithm to compensate for that.
post #180 of 4001 Old 03-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:

If I could convince you to just try doing a few free measures on the Panasonic Plasmas over the weekend, I'd be eternally grateful. That's the display I have, and any readings at 40 IRE and below are completely unstable. My theory is the speed of the display3 coupled with dithering on the plasma is causing the problem. There needs to be some sort of algorithm to compensate for that.

I think you're right. Your observations match my tests. Due to my setup, I'm only able to test on one of the plasmas right now, but considering it's a VT25, I'll venture to say these observations are accurate. I did fairly extensive readings on continuous measurements, but I don't know of a way to output the continuous values to a file. If there is a way, let me know, and I'll run a few more tests and post the output.

Here are my observations. I've run the test with the AVSHD disc from a Panasonic Blu-Ray through HDMI to the VT25. I ran tests on both the i1D3 (with XRite and Argyll drivers, with and without Hi-Res mode enabled) and the DTP-94. I ran through each grayscale screen (10%), primaries and secondaries. On each screen I observed RGB percentages and XYZ values for 20-30 seconds. The drivers did not make a difference on the i1D3.

i1D3:
- between IRE 0-40 the readings were very unstable, especially at 30 and 40%. The culprit was by far Red, which bounced by up to 30% (from 95% Red to 65% Red). Green and Blue seemed to just slightly compensate, but Blue seemed to be just a little bit unstable, somewhere around 3-5%. X was jumping quite a bit, while Y and Z were stable. At 40% gray, the X value was jumping by as much as 1 full point, between roughly 10.5 and 11.5
- between IRE 50-60 things stabilized a lot, but there were still some problems, this time with Blue. At IRE 50, values were mostly stable, with occasionaly small Blue spikes, but nothing significant. At IRE 60 however, I've had significant issues with Blue, with a swing of about 10% (110%-100% Blue). Nothing near as bad as the Red swings, but still obvious. In this range, the X and Y values were stable, but the Z values were jumping around (between 33.5 and 36 at IRE 60).
- between IRE 70-100 the readings were rock solid. There were occasional 1-2% jumps, but for the most part the RGB percentages were rock solid. The XYZ values were stable as well, with insignificant deviations
- on primaries and secondaries (100%) the readings were rock solid, with insignificant deviations

DTP-94:
- There really isn't anything to report. The only issue was at IRE 0-10, and frankly that's not even worth discussing.
- from IRE 20 and up readings were rock solid, with the occasional 1% change, and insignificant XYZ deviations. Same held true for primaries and secondaries.

I found it a little surprising how repeatable these tests were. No matter what options I chose (drivers, parameters, etc) I was able to get the same results for each range. I also performed an i1D3 IRE 0-60 test on my LCD screen with continuous measures, and the readings were as stable as the DTP-94. As an interesting side note, the i1D3 was reporting at least half a dozen readings/second in Hi-Res mode (too fast to count), about 1-2 readings/second in regular mode, while the DTP-94 was reporting new values every 4 seconds.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page