HCFR - Open source projector and display calibration software - Page 64 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 60Likes

post #1891 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Hi,

I must be about to ask a question that has been asked and answered a thousand times but what's the secret to getting my i1 pro recognized in this new version?

This quote "With most meters you'll need to install the supplied drivers instead of the supplied ones" is about as useful as nothing. Use the supplied ones instead of the supplied ones,.. Ok gotcha. Unbelieveably,... I do think I understand that quote though,... I think the gist is you need to install the drivers that come with the sound forge download instead if the drivers from the manufacturer.

I did that,.,, now when in open a cal file the sensor doesn't give me an error till I try to calibrate the internal defauts... That's when a new "eye1" error pops up.

Sorry,.. I know this must have been answered a lot. Still,... Can't figure it out.

Edit - nevermind,... A little more poking around and I figured it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok,

Next possible useless question,... When I choose gretagmcbeth i1 pro I have the option for a meter correction file.

My i1 is my "reference" meter,.. Ha ha ha.

Am I right to assume no correction matrix is needed/wanted?

I plan to build a correction matrix for my display2.

Finally,... Should I take the red pill or the blu pill?.. Maybe I should re watch the matrix after I build my matrix.
post #1893 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd95008 View Post

Yes, that is what I'm suggesting.
It has already been established that 2011-2012 panasonic plasmas have a different spectral profile (2013 panels could be different even from that).
I don't think the spectral sample was from X-Rite.
I also don't think the ColorMunki software has any plasma profiles ?
I did not create or load this into HCFR as it was aways there with this meter.
This is not the generic sample on the meter page but the one on the next Argyll page (EDS plasma ....).
There are about 6 or 7 of them mostly LCD for different backlights and only this one for plasma.
I don't know where that specral sample comes from or what manufacture's panels.

Zoyd, any thoughts ??

The spectral samples available were built by X-Rite and should give you more accurate results when applied to any meter which does not have it's own correction matrix. They are meter independent and describe typical spectral distributions for their respective technologies. If you don't have an i1pro (or other spectrometer) to do your own profiling I recommend using these. If your display is not a "typical" representative (for example some new panasonic plasmas have narrower red primaries than previous displays) it may not provide as much correction as needed but is probably still better than no correction. You'll have to make your own visual assessment in this case.

HCFR only provides generic correction matrices for the D3 because that meter has very low meter variability and is a safe bet to provide results that are better than no correction at all. You should still visually evaluate a generic matrix correction vs. a spectral sample correction for the D3 to make sure nothing strange is going on.

Do not use a matrix correction and a spectral sample correction at the same time.
wl1 likes this.

-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1894 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make73 View Post

zoyd, if you continue developing this would it be possible to remove (or option to disble at parameters) saturation 0% measure or is there some special reason why that´s there?

I don't see any reason to remove it, no other measurements depend on this value.

-----

post #1895 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post

My official X-Rite i1pro Rev D (from "X-Rite EODUV Eye-One Design UV" bundle) continues to be non-functional in HCFR 3.0.4.2. Selecting "GretagMacbeth i1pro" causes HCFR 3.0.4.2 to hang unresponsive for a few seconds, then this dialog pops. It doesn't let me type anything for meter name, and any selections made are not saved after clicking okay. Clicking "Calibrate Meter" has no effect. Attempting to take any readings hangs or crashes HFCR 3.0.4.2. Alternately selecting "Eye One" as the meter results in "Unknown Error" everywhere.

Is there any one actively working on fixing i1pro support? Last version which functioned somewhat was the initial HCFR 3.0.0.0 version (Sensor: Argyll | GUI shows: I1Pro), but High-Res mode resulted in incorrect readings compared to Argyll CMS (standard mode was better) and it would still sporadically throw an "Incorrect driver" error between readings/calibrations requiring HCFR to be restarted.

For this reason I've been continuing to use original HCFR 2.1 which was stable with the official x-rite driver, but it'd be nice to see this HCFR 3.0 fork get proper i1pro support with the Argyll driver some day.

My forked versions have always supported the i1pro, it works fine here and I've not received any other error reports using it.

-----

post #1896 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

My forked versions have always supported the i1pro, it works fine here and I've not received any other error reports using it.

My i1 pro worked also (after I figured it out.)

When I tried to work with greyscale though,... The constant measures was reporting luminance instread of RGB balance values. That must be something simple to correct but I can't express how angry I was while trying to make it give my RGB balance values. I had to just put all the stuff away.
post #1897 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

If your display is not a "typical" representative (for example some new panasonic plasmas have narrower red primaries than previous displays) it may not provide as much correction as needed but is probably still better than no correction. You'll have to make your own visual assessment in this case.

You should still visually evaluate a generic matrix correction vs. a spectral sample correction for the D3 to make sure nothing strange is going on.

Do not use a matrix correction and a spectral sample correction at the same time.

I manually plugged in each of the zoyd, kjgarrison & the two dispcalgui.hoech.net correction numbers and saved each in the HCFR "Etalon_Argyll" directory (they are now thc files).
I will try them ASAP with the ST60 panny and yes without any other spectral sample at the same time..

F8500 floating blacks
post #1898 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

Hi Zoyd,

I have i1D3 that use to calibrate my Sharp LCD LED backlit
Would you mind clarify this, please

When I select spectral samples

I should not select, keep empty meter correction file

to have

Is it correct?

Thanks.
post #1899 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I'm not zoyd, but you're exactly right. Use the white LED spectral sample with no correction matrix.
post #1900 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:

Well I guess I'm your first i1pro error report then wink.gif

Anything I can do to help you debug the issue? The only clue I have is HCFR 3.0.0.0 was the last version which somewhat functioned.

HFCR 3.0.4.2 [2013-03-28] Minidump + stderr.log

Am I missing some special trick with versions after 3.0.0.0 to get it working with the Argyll USB driver?

_________
[Edit]

I looked into this a bit more and figured out was was causing this problem.

1) The i1pro.inf bundled with ColorHCFR 3.0.4.2 fails to install libusb-1.0A.dll to the System32 directory if a different version of libusb-1.0A.dll & libusb-1.0A_x64.dll already exists there.

2) All versions of HFCR 3.0.x.x do not support the libusb0.sys driver bundled with recent versions of Argyll CMS. For some reason, HFCR 3.0.0.0 was only build which supported all versions and varieties of Argyll's libusb drivers.

_____
post #1901 of 4285 Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

I don't see any reason to remove it, no other measurements depend on this value.

Okay, asked just because if no other measurements need that then if you want HCFR calculate saturation average/0%S dE´s correctly you just have to type manually right Y value for 0%S (or x/y if measure 0%S with 25%S pattern) when use e.g. Mascior´s disc where are not those useless 0% saturations patterns.
However that takes just few seconds smile.gif
post #1902 of 4285 Old 05-12-2013, 09:11 AM

Liked: 10
So Cyber how did you fix it? I gave up months ago trying to get this to work, even doing what I think you are suggesting.
FYI I've been doing this since 06 with Spyder 2 and Larec starting this fine program.I have chromapure but trying to use this as double check. I know it's a snag in loading I am probably missing.
post #1903 of 4285 Old 05-12-2013, 04:07 PM

Liked: 11
If I profile my i1d3 against a reference meter, do I need to indicate any spectral sample on combo box of sensor window? I guess not but I'm not sure.
post #1904 of 4285 Old 05-12-2013, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamagar View Post

If I profile my i1d3 against a reference meter, do I need to indicate any spectral sample on combo box of sensor window? I guess not but I'm not sure.

yes, no need to use a sample file if you profile against a spectrometer.

-----

post #1905 of 4285 Old 05-12-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougm216 View Post

So Cyber how did you fix it? I gave up months ago trying to get this to work, even doing what I think you are suggesting.

In my case, running Win7 x64, ColorHCFR 3.0.4.2 seemed to be conflicting with a version libusb-1.0A.dll & libusb-1.0A_x64.dll files which still existed somewhere on my system but was no longer used by Argyll CMS or otherwise. As mentioned above, the inf installer will claim to install successfully, but not replace these files, causing ColorHCFR 3.0.4.2 to not detect anything is amiss and attempt to use a driver which it's not compilable with. Everything crashes and burns at that point.

How I initially got it working after installing from the HFCR i1pro.inf, was first deleting libusb-1.0A.dll & libusb-1.0A_x64.dll from my System32 & SysWOW64 directories. Then from ..\HCFR Calibration\Drivers\ I copied libusb-1.0A.dll to SysWOW64 & renamed libusb-1.0A_x64.dll to libusb-1.0A.dll and copied it to System32. I then started HFCR 3.0.4.2 and my i1pro was finally detected properly.

At that point I went to device manager, right-clicked on the driver installed by HFCR, and uninstall with delete drivers for this device. To make sure all instances were gone, I search C:\ for libusb-1.0A and deleted any instances in System32, SysWOW64, Windows' driver repository, and so on. I then re-installed the driver inf from ..\HCFR Calibration\Drivers\ and now it installed properly and HCFR 3.0.4.2 was happy. This is optional, but I also changed my device name in the HFCR inf from "Eye-One Pro (Argyll)" to "Eye-One Pro (HFCR)" to make it easier to switch back in forth to the Argyll CMS driver which also used "Eye-One Pro (Argyll)".

@dougm216

That said, I have no idea if your Spyder 2 driver issue is the same I was experiencing with my i1pro.

@zoyd

Ultimately I think the solution here, would be to recompile HCFR with LibUSB 1.2.6.0 and create a new inf files so it can co-exist with Argyll CMS 1.5.x without swapping drivers all the time. Argyll CMS 1.5.x only uses the LibUSB 1.2.6.0 sys driver, but doesn't care if you install the corresponding LibUSB 1.2.6.0 dll files as well, if HCFR still requires the DLL files. Currently LibUSB 1.2.6.0 sys+dll will still cause HCFR to crash and burn, and not detect an incorrect driver. At the very least, you should put in place some additional checks for incorrect LibUSB driver version, catch the exception, and throw an error message to the user. I'd be mildly concerned about HCFR doing damage to the device when there is a driver mismatch, since HCFR actually makes my i1pro produce short "beep" sound internally after this access failure occurs, which can't be good.

[Edit: I'm still seeing high-res luminance readings which are ~4% higher than Argyll CMS high-res. Only ColorHCFR 3.0.4.2 standard-res measured luminance matches Argyll CMS closely.]
[Edit2: HCFR 3.0.4.2 randomly hangs completely in the middle of taking a measurement. Seems to have a higher tendency to occur when taking an extreme number of measurements]
post #1906 of 4285 Old 05-13-2013, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

HCFR is being updated to use current Argyllcms meter code which will tidy the driver issues up.

-----

post #1907 of 4285 Old 05-13-2013, 05:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:

HCFR is being updated to use current Argyllcms meter code which will tidy the driver issues up.

So what your saying is that the new argylle code v1.15 with more meter support and colormunki display (calibrate feature enabled) is being implemented?

This is great if so...smile.gif

Samsung 60F8500
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS3 (PS4 coming soon)
Sony STR-DG1000 AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
post #1908 of 4285 Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 AM

Thanks Cyber and Zoyd. Spyder has been on shelf for years. Problems were with i1pro and display 2. Will give 3042 another try with applied fix. Thanks again.
post #1909 of 4285 Old 05-13-2013, 11:29 AM

I have a few requests for improvement:

Small work amount required
  • Add a color temperature row to the measure tables (in any of the views would be nice). currenlty there is no way to export color temperatures to Excel: this is a pain for a series of over 200 free measures, as you need to copy them manually
  • We need an average column, such as implemented in Chromapure (CCT and Detla E)
  • For the color gamut CIE reference chart: plot reference point swith small squares

Significant work involved .
  • Many displays use dynamic contrast features nowadays or have brightness that throttles above a certain level. Implementing APL % greyscale and contrast patterns in the generator would be extremely valuable. ideally we would need each APL level or alternatively, low (10%), medium (5 0%)and high 90% (for web browsing or black backgrounds)
  • Add GMB color testing patterns for colors other than primary/secondary (similar to Calman)
  • Develop an Android HTTP smartphone/tablet pattern generator for HCFR: There is already one (Voodoo Test Patterns for HCFR) and the developer is keen to work with you to define a protocoll to automate the measures. Nowadays more mobile devices use Android than Windows, so it would be really good to have that kind of automation. Most review web sites test smartphone displays exhaustively nowaydays (e.g. Anandtech, Notebookcheck.de, Notebookjournal, Lesnumeriques, 01net.fr,...)

This is what the developer has to say about this:
Quote:
On the HCFR form, no one had reacted to my app, so I hadn't looked further into it, but if you have a point of entry to faciliate communication with the developers and can connect me with the right person, I am perfectly happy to implement this.

Manual mode is desirable in some situations but to develop a mode that displays HCFR patterns on demand, this is also what I want. As soon as a sufficiently flexible protocol has been developed, there is no limitation anymore

The above improvements would have saved me a lot of work to come up with my review of the S4's display, which has various dynamic contrast mechanisms that required testing at different APL levels to understand the limitations of the display. Measuring at many different APL levels can be time consuming when this is not automated, especially on smartphones where the measurement surface is very small.
Quote:
We have all seen the side by side web browsing comparisons between the S4 and the HTC One. Because of the screen reviews, which measured brightness at 300cd/m² and higher, we were a bit dubitative.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1950299&stc=1&d=1368160943attachment.php?attachmentid=1950300&stc=1&d=1368160943

Well, it turns out the poor results are due to brightness throttling on white or near white content, which will vary depending on the power saving options that are activated. In Chrome and in the Stock Browser, this is further aggravated by the undefeatable activation of the Power Saving mode.

The measurements below were conducted with an i1 Pro 2 spectrophotometer and a profiled i1 Display Pro (for dark readings).

Maximum Brightness (Adapt Display/Dynamic/Standard Mode)
  • Even without any Power Option engaged, white levels on white or near white content will be 15% to 20% below peak brightness (290cd/m² from 355cd/m²)
  • Auto-Tone will clip whites further above 60% Average Picture Level
  • Power Saving reduces brightness by 25%
  • In Chrome and in the stock browser the Power Saving mode is activated as a default (surely in an attempt to fool battery tests into overestimating number of browsing hours on battery) - and cannot be defeated. It is therefore recommended to switch to another browser (e.g. AOSP) for better outdoor viewing.

The graph below outlines the brightness throttling mechanism in Dynamic/Standard/Auto Mode at maximum brighness.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1950302&stc=1&d=1368160943

As we can see, web browsing is the activity that will take the most serious hit, seeing as web browsing average picture levels typically falls within the 70% to 90% APL range. Although the throttling is to conserve battery life, this a bit sneaky from Samsung, as this tricks reviewers into overestimating battery life and consumers into believing they have the best of both worlds (brightness and battery life). There is a choice that can and has to be made.

Auto-Brightness (Adapt Display/Dynamic/Standard Mode)
Using auto-brightness instead of maximum brightness will actually enable a boost mode, which will activate under prolonged exposure to extremely bright light (I had to use my HTC One's flash at close range to simulate this).

Summary
  • The boost mode offers a 35% brightness gain, however this gain starts to plummet at around 60% APL, which means that the gain for web browsing and Google Maps will only be 5 to 15%
  • The peak brightness under prolonged sun exposure at 1% APL level is 478cd/m² (displaymate measured this at 475cd/m²). whereas the maximum brightness for pure white ends up at the unboosted level of 383cd/m²
  • Without Boost Mode, the brightness curve in a birghtly lit environment is exactly the same as the maximum brightness captured in my earlier graph.
  • The auto brightness -5/+5 radio button has no impact on the maximum brightness achievable - it will go full throttle if it has to. Only brightness at lower ambient light levels is impacted by this fine-tuning...
  • There is no Power Saving mode override in auto-brightness, and those browsers even benefit from the Boost Mode.
attachment.php?attachmentid=1950718&stc=1&d=1368176791

Greyscale and Color Gamut (Film Mode)
  1. RGB balance has a discernible green push above 50% brightness (less exposed in Anantech's review because Brian measures at 50% brightness rather than maximum)
  2. Color Space is oversaturated even in film mode (consistent with Anantech's and Displaymate's findings)
  3. Gamma will also get worse on content that has a high proportion of bright content, with brightness compression happening at the top end of the spectrum. For videos, it is therefore recommended to use 50% of maximum brightness or auto-brightness

White point color Temperature:
  • 6410cd/m² in Film/sRGB Mode - again, this is at maximum brightness, the green dominance will be different at different brightness levels (as can be seen on the curves below)
  • 6940cd/m² in Standard Mode, Dynamic Mode and Auto-Adjust Mode (I personally prefer that color temperature because it is more consistent across the whole scale, so the picture looks more harmonious)

Gamma is improved versus previous iterations but there is still a slight black crush and white crush happening at the extremities (nothing too major). The white crush will not be observed with smaller test patterns but will be worse for bright content! The black crush will be worse with Auto Tone on (to conserve battery, the transition into blacks is quicker).

Color gamut as expected is oversaturated. But what is more surprising is that it is oversaturated even in Film mode, although to a smaller extent. I went back to Brian's review, and this was also what he found. I believe two other reviews had different findings - but I may remember this incorrectly

Measurements in Film Mode

attachment.php?attachmentid=1944235&stc=1&d=1367965636
attachment.php?attachmentid=1944236&stc=1&d=1367965648
attachment.php?attachmentid=1944245&stc=1&d=1367965988
attachment.php?attachmentid=1944237&stc=1&d=1367965658

Color Space (Adapt Screen/Dynamic/Standard Mode)

attachment.php?attachmentid=1944242&stc=1&d=1367965783

Viewing Angles (Film Mode)

Summary:
  • Viewed directly, the display exhibits a green push in spite of near perfect color temperature
  • Viewing at an angle reduces green and red and increases blue
  • The most neutral white balances (Delta E of 2.8) can be obtained by viewing the screen at a 15° angle (you can do the test and notice how the green push disappears!)
  • The color temperature at this angle is further away from the 6500K standard than for direct viewing but it is still more neutral (shows the importance of RGB balance)

The following charts shows the RGB balance, correlated color temperature and Delta E for viewing angles of 0° to 40°.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1955757&stc=1&d=1368342172

This is an important lesson: sometimes it is preferrable to calibrate at a somewhat higher color temperature to improve the RGB balance (generally a blue push is less perceptible than a green push). However in this case, Samsung's calibration was most certainly to improve the overall brightness of the screen (green has a stronger luminance than red or blue).
post #1910 of 4285 Old 05-13-2013, 11:48 AM

If you would like to contact the developer of Voodoo test patterns for Android, his web page and contact details are here.
http://project-voodoo.org/

He usually responds pretty quickly.
post #1911 of 4285 Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Hey Zoyd,

Not a major issue, but when trying out the i1Display Pro (just purchased and not profiled to the i1Pro yet) on my Pioneer KRP500M, it reads 0% stimulus XYZ as 0,0,0 and then switching to xyY gives me blanks in the 0% column. Then I get a "????" contrast ratio for obvious reasons. 0% stimulus xyY free measures are also blank. Is this by design, and is the code changing the values to 0 below a certain threshold? I haven't tried spotread to compare, but I will if it helps.

Thanks,

JD

(Updated 10/29/2009)
post #1912 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 03:34 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 84
Quote:

thanks zoyd wink.gif
post #1913 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 03:57 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

Hey Zoyd,

Not a major issue, but when trying out the i1Display Pro (just purchased and not profiled to the i1Pro yet) on my Pioneer KRP500M, it reads 0% stimulus XYZ as 0,0,0 and then switching to xyY gives me blanks in the 0% column. Then I get a "????" contrast ratio for obvious reasons. 0% stimulus xyY free measures are also blank. Is this by design, and is the code changing the values to 0 below a certain threshold? I haven't tried spotread to compare, but I will if it helps.

Thanks,

JD

sounds like the meter is reporting 0.0 for your display.

-----

post #1914 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

sounds like the meter is reporting 0.0 for your display.
Yes. I tried SpotRead and got 0 0 0. Using the black level pattern, although 17 is barely visible, I don't get a reading until digital 19-20.

I guess it makes sense that xyY displays blanks since we would get a divide by 0 error.

(Updated 10/29/2009)
post #1915 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbimmer View Post

I guess it makes sense that xyY displays blanks since we would get a divide by 0 error.

The official X-Rite driver sdk + ColorHCFR 2.1 will actually display negative numbers which scale downwards in linear fashion from Y=0 in this situation with my i1pro. X-Rite's i1Diagnostics will also do this. Who knows why X-Rite thinks it's a good idea to support negative luminance numbers for spectral devices though, or what that even means except it being below the effective measurement range of the instrument.
post #1916 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puremind View Post

I have a few requests for improvement:

Small work amount required
Add a color temperature row to the measure tables (in any of the views would be nice). currenlty there is no way to export color temperatures to Excel: this is a pain for a series of over 200 free measures, as you need to copy them manually
We need an average column, such as implemented in Chromapure (CCT and Detla E)
For the color gamut CIE reference chart: plot reference point swith small squares

Numeric display of CCT in the greyscale measures sounds useful and perhaps the average in the box title where Delta E average is currently display. The CIE chart already has squares at the reference points (and X's from reference chart if you are using one).
Quote:
Significant work involved .
Many displays use dynamic contrast features nowadays or have brightness that throttles above a certain level. Implementing APL % greyscale and contrast patterns in the generator would be extremely valuable. ideally we would need each APL level or alternatively, low (10%), medium (5 0%)and high 90% (for web browsing or black backgrounds)
Add GMB color testing patterns for colors other than primary/secondary (similar to Calman)
Develop an Android HTTP smartphone/tablet pattern generator for HCFR: There is already one (Voodoo Test Patterns for HCFR) and the developer is keen to work with you to define a protocoll to automate the measures. Nowadays more mobile devices use Android than Windows, so it would be really good to have that kind of automation. Most review web sites test smartphone displays exhaustively nowaydays (e.g. Anandtech, Notebookcheck.de, Notebookjournal, Lesnumeriques, 01net.fr,...)

I would like to see APL patterns in the generator as well, don't know if I can do it though. Sorry, but I have no interest in smartphone integration.

-----

post #1917 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post

Who knows why X-Rite thinks it's a good idea to support negative luminance numbers for spectral devices though, or what that even means except it being below the effective measurement range of the instrument.

Such numbers have no meaning in themselves, but it can be very useful to allow such values through if you are averaging them. If you clip -ve values, your average will be biased.
post #1918 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM

Liked: 19
I have an i1Pro Rev D and an i1D3. I wish to use my i1Pro as reference for my i1D3. Should I use only correction matrix? Should I use spectral sample .ccss along with the correction matrix?
post #1919 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 02:03 PM

I have APL patterns at 5%, 20%, 60% and 90% if you need pictures to put up. That would already be a good start

Of course defining an algorythm that computes those pictures on the fly would be even better. Let me know if I can help.

Actually, the programme I was talking about is going to implement something like this for his Android generator. I am sure he would exchange some ideas with you if you allowed an http generator to communicate with his app. :-)

He already said that there would be no work on your end besides providing the protocal for your http generator (I imagine http generator is not something that is limited to Android, Tab or Smartphone integration) so it will have a use for Windows 8 tablets, laptops and hybrids for example.
post #1920 of 4285 Old 05-14-2013, 06:08 PM

Just a quick update in case anyone else has the same problem.

After trying everything I was unable to get it working on XP - the installer doesn't install winusb which is a fatal problem if it hasn't already been installed and I didn't find another way to install winusb.

As one respondent mentioned the developers were unable to test installation with 64-bit XP, I suggest the developers could easily test their work by setting up XP on a virtual box and running the installer.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page