Owners of VideoEQ Basic or Pro, I need your help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 02-23-2012, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's driving me crazy!! I just had a VideoEQ Basic unit replaced because of a Green Screen that covered all my screen, and there was nothing I could do that would make it go away.

I sent the unit back to SpectraCal, they said the unit was faulty, and to my luck I got back a VideoEQ Pro. Unfortunately the problems didn't stop!!

I don't get the green screen, but I just can't get any signal from it to the Plasma TV. It's making me go crazy!! I tried every combination I could using the software controller. I tried using my Setup Box, my Panasonic BD BDT300, my Playstation 3, I also tried my Playstation 3 with my PC Dell U2410 monitor with the VideoEQ in between, no signal!!

ANy ideas guys? SpectraCal tested this unit before they sent me, so it's gotta be something stupid that I haven't found.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I would think your best route would be to post this over at Spectracal's forums on their site.
post #3 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 111
From my experience with SpectraCal, I would say Call them! If you can not get hold of Tech Support, call the Sales person you worked with. If you don't have a contact I have dealt with Joshua several times and he has always gotten back to me very quickly and been extremely helpful. I am sure if he can not help directly he can point you to the proper person. NOTE: They are on West Coast time.. Here is his contact info if you need it

Joshua Quain
SpectraCal, Inc.
Committed to image fidelity
+1 425 471 3003
Joshua@SpectraCal.com
post #4 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I talk to them all the time, believe me, I exchanged hundreds of e-mail with them when my VideoEQ Basic had this problem. Their support is A+

I asked this here because from what I can see, users of SpectraCal forum never had this kind of problem, it's not something that usually happen, but maybe someone here had this experience too.

I see there's not going to be any user who has experienced what I have with this unit. So nevermind this post. It's just frustration because I want to calibrate it really bad to correct my Gamma and other stuff.

Thanks guys
post #5 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec246 View Post

Yes I talk to them all the time, believe me, I exchanged hundreds of e-mail with them when my VideoEQ Basic had this problem. Their support is A+

I asked this here because from what I can see, users of SpectraCal forum never had this kind of problem, it's not something that usually happen, but maybe someone here had this experience too.

I see there's not going to be any user who has experienced what I have with this unit. So nevermind this post. It's just frustration because I want to calibrate it really bad to correct my Gamma and other stuff.

Thanks guys

Give it time man, this forum dies down on Friday.. keep checking back, you have to wait at least a week before you can give up!
post #6 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Do you at least get the hdmi port lights on the VEQ when you get everything connected?
post #7 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, the unit is working perfectly. All thre lights are On. I'm in contact to SpectraCal SUpport team now, I'll let you guys know if I can make it work.

Thanks for the replies!
post #8 of 10 Old 02-27-2012, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec246 View Post

Yes, the unit is working perfectly. All thre lights are On. I'm in contact to SpectraCal SUpport team now, I'll let you guys know if I can make it work.

Thanks for the replies!

Well, any success?
post #9 of 10 Old 02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 134
I have nothing but good things to say about the support SpectraCal provides. I'm sure they'll help you get it straightened out.

ISF Calibrator

Pioneer Kuro Elite Pro-111FD
Pioneer Kuro BDP-320

Displays are like 100% cotton t-shirts. Always buy a size larger than you think you'll need, as they tend to shrink over time.
post #10 of 10 Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

I started talking to the technical team at SpectraCal last Friday, he was busy that day, and next day was saturday, so nothing yet. I have just created a topic at the SpectraCal VideoEQ forum to see if any user there has any idea.

This Weekend I tested the unit at a friend's house, he has a Samsung LED Series 6000. We tried with his Sky HD Set Top Box. No luck also. What was interesting is that after we tried that, and went back to the normal connection to the TV, his Sky Set Top Box was showing everything with a pink color, and then even when we turned it off using the controller it stayed displaying image. It took a Software reset to get the unit back to normal

I asked the SpectraCal folks if they think can be anything related to the standards the VideoEQ is trying to send to the TV. I asked if there's any one in Europe using VEq, since Brazilian TVs have much more in common with the European Standards than the American ones I think.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page