Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-28-2012, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hi,

Is there a place to go to find what recent TV sets have "service menus", what features are accessible and how to get to the menu?

Thanks!

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-28-2012, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcwilt View Post

Hi,

Is there a place to go to find what recent TV sets have "service menus", what features are accessible and how to get to the menu?

Thanks!

All tv's have service menus of sorts so you'd be better to narrow it down to a specific model and then mention what you are looking to do. Accessing the SM is not advisable unless you know exactly what you are doing. It is the easiest way to brick a tv. Most newer tv's have most of the options already available to you as a user modification unless you want to enable a feature that is not available to you because of the model type.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I was reading up on display calibration. One of the things they talked about was controls for setting the "brightness" and "contrast" for each primary color.

My Sony LCD (a few years old) does not have these in the normal menu and was wondering if this was something that might be in a service menu.

I realize the I could ask about the specific model but before I did that I thought I would see if there was a online "database" somewhere for this sort of thing.

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt
post #4 of 4 Old 02-28-2012, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcwilt View Post

I was reading up on display calibration. One of the things they talked about was controls for setting the "brightness" and "contrast" for each primary color.

My Sony LCD (a few years old) does not have these in the normal menu and was wondering if this was something that might be in a service menu.

I realize the I could ask about the specific model but before I did that I thought I would see if there was a online "database" somewhere for this sort of thing.

To answer your question, no. Google is your friend... sometimes.. I pick up Free CRTs from craigs list, just to mess with. Well I am waiting for a 27" Sony for my mom. Her retirement village only has really bad SD cable so a flat panel looks like crap.
Anyway, I have found the codes for some of these old CRTs with some searching...
So search the terms like "make model number service codes" or service menu or service manual.
Good luck!
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page