Cheapest 1080p TV with THX or ISF modes - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-03-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was hoping all you experienced TV experts might know which TV or Monitor has full ISF or THX modes (or equivalent CMS and Grayscale controls) for the lowest price. I'm using this display 100% as a practice device for my own calibrations. I will never be using it for entertainment purposes. Size does not matter, but smaller is generally better as long as it maintains the 1080p pixel count.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: THX/ISF Calibrationist/Instructor, Calgary, AB, Canada
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Greetings

LG sets normally maintain the same menu and feature structure for their sets down to 32 inches and beyond. They should have the ISF expert modes the same as the 55" ones.

LG has no cheap THX certified displays ... bear in mind that a THX certified display has nothing to do with ISF modes in a TV. THX certification means it has been engineered to meet a certain level of performance. ISF modes just mean there are places to do user controls and grayscale at the very least and lock them out ... calling them ISF day and ISF night.

There are sets with ISF modes where the controls don't even work right, but you can lock them out.

regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
ISF/THX/TLV Video Instructor
The Video Calibration Education Hub - www.TLVEXP.com

post #3 of 3 Old 03-03-2012, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandarKoad View Post

I was hoping all you experienced TV experts might know which TV or Monitor has full ISF or THX modes (or equivalent CMS and Grayscale controls) for the lowest price. I'm using this display 100% as a practice device for my own calibrations. I will never be using it for entertainment purposes. Size does not matter, but smaller is generally better as long as it maintains the 1080p pixel count.

Thanks!

The LG 42LK450 has full ISF modes (2 per input with 10-pt grayscale/gamma and 2D CMS). I paid @ $500 for mine. It's also available as a 32" or 37".
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page