Testing a blue filter with the i1Pro - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-28-2012, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, if I had a cheap blue filter (like the one that ships with the Spears and Munsil disc), how would I tell if it is accurate using a meter like the i1Pro? Could I throw up a 100% pattern, calibrate the display normally, then put the filter over the i1Pro and ... what next?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-28-2012, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 328
calibrate the display with the i1 pro and assuming you were able to get low errors for hue and luminance of blue and cyan and magenta you can them measure the luminance of the flashing color bars test pattern (AVSHD basic tab) using the filter. there is an inner and outer box for both color and tint, if the filter is working properly the inner box will measure the same as the outer in both.

-----

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page