I cannot access the service menu on my Pioneer Kuro, please help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-28-2012, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hello everyone,

This is a duplicate thread of one I posted in the plasma display forum. I wanted to also copy it here because I think my question might be more relevant here. And also, I only got one reply so I was hoping more people would see it and possibly provide me with some answers.

Here is my original post:

Quote:

Hello everyone,

I have a Pioneer PDP-5010FD. I have owned it since 2007 and I have been quite happy with it. I never got it professionally calibrated. What I would really like to do is to check the hours used on this set. I have heard elsewhere that there is a service menu that you can access by pressing a code on your remote that will allow you to see the hours on your set.

Can you tell me how to access it? I already know to be extremely careful and not change any settings at all.

I have seen some instructions on how to access the service menu on another forum. However I have tried repeatedly to access the Service Menu according to the instructions and have failed every time. What am I missing?

I am doing the following:

Make sure the plasma and the media box is in standby.
Press DISPLAY on the remote (just press, do not hold)
Wait 3 seconds
Press LEFT, UP, LEFT, RIGHT and POWER (on the remote)
If done correctly, the plasma turns on and the INFORMATION page is displayed

I have seen these instructions posted over and over on other threads. Are these correct for the 5010FD?

I have tried this so many times yet I cannot seem to access the Service Menu. My tv just turns on like normal and nothing happens.

Could you please help me?

I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much for your time.

And here is my follow up post:

Quote:

I wanted to bump this thread because I am still having no success getting into the service menu. Not only did I want to check hours, I really wanted to calibrate the grayscale with my new Eye One meter and software. I need access to the RGB controls.

I have tried holding down the display button for various lengths of times, only pressing it, waiting before pressing the direction buttons, etc.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Perhaps my remote is faulty somehow? I know the Home Menu button does not respond on this remote, yet every other button seems to work fine. I also have a Harmony remote.

Can someone else chime in and offer some tips on how to enter the service menu? If I cannot access the RGB controls through this method, I could always try to track down a Service Remote.

It seems HIGHLY unlikely I will be able to find one. Pioneer won't sell them to consumers and even if one would show up on ebay, it would likely be very expensive.

Another option is to access the controls through the RS-232 connection. I have no idea how to do that however.

Maybe the cheapest route would be to replace the regular remote for the PDP-5010FD and see if a replacement works?

I really just want to get into the factory service menu using the method everyone else has been using.

I must be missing something simple.

If anyone can help, would you please be VERY specific and tell me every little detail about the process, what I might be missing, and what to look for when I press power after punching in the button sequence?

I really need to access the service menu. If anyone knows where I might purchase a factory service remote, that could be helpful as well.

I really just hope someone can help me to enter the service menu.

Thank you very much and if someone has anything at all to add, I would really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2012, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is not possible to access the service menu with a consumer remote,so a replacement remote would be useless.A service remote is required.The only other way to determine the hours that i am aware of is to purchase the Control Cal software package.