A few quick notes on the i1Pro 2:
- OEM pricing and availability has not been announced yet just retail prices
- In order to take advantage of the new features within the i1Pro 2 you will need updated software that supports it
- A i1Pro 2 can be used as a i1Pro with older/legacy software but only in legacy mode
- does read a bit faster but only marginal
- does read a bit lower light but only marginal
- requires the calibration base plate for dark calibration offset
- when using it’s calibration base plate for dark offset it will also self calibrate the sensor alignment
- still requires a high current USB port but will warn you if the power on the USB is not sufficient
- has a dynamic dark calibration timer with up to several hours on a single dark offset
- has indicator LEDs on top used for information on processes
From all our testing the most and significant improvement we have seen is the dynamic dark cal timer and greatly improved thermal isolation. In most cases we were able to go several hours before the sensors needed another dark cal. This was true even on high ambient temperature displays like Plasma. So for most the i1Pro 2 will be a single dark cal and forget.
CTO Portrait Displays Inc.