Rec 601 Discs - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-05-2012, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm thinking GetGrey is the goto standard for 601, just as AVSHD is to 709. However, I'm looking for a standard definition calibration disc that I can leave behind with people I calibrate for. I can't do this with GetGrey due to licensing restrictions. Are there any decent calibration discs out there for 601 that are free?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 511
ChromaPure Free Calibration Disc (NTSC DVD)

https://www.chromapure.co.uk/calibration_dvd.zip

This is a basic calibration disc that can be used for calibration using the Chromapure software (or other) and a meter. If you don't have a meter you can try to set the basic controls like brightness, contrast etc.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandarKoad View Post

I'm thinking GetGrey is the goto standard for 601, just as AVSHD is to 709. However, I'm looking for a standard definition calibration disc that I can leave behind with people I calibrate for. I can't do this with GetGrey due to licensing restrictions. Are there any decent calibration discs out there for 601 that are free?

Would it not make more sense to leave behind a list of settings rather than a disk? What is the reasoning.. just marketing? Something for the customer to hold in their hand when you are done?
Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Would it not make more sense to leave behind a list of settings rather than a disk? What is the reasoning.. just marketing? Something for the customer to hold in their hand when you are done?

Added value. Even if it is nearly 100% perceptual.

Edit: And it's not merely perception in this case. They can use it to do the basics on their other displays themselves.