Tripod mount mod for i1pro/C6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 111
Posted this over in the spectracal forum but maybe of interest to others that don't frequent that site and/or have D3 and i1pro. Not sure if you get the tripod mount with the D3, I don't think it comes with one.

If you want to profile and adhere to keeping both meters with the same field of view this is a fast, 2 hole, one bolt modification if you have the tripod mount for the i1pro and the C6. It may not work to well with Front projection if your meters will be in the light path (you will need to tilt up) but for my purpose (HP screen, meters over the projector) should be fine (will be using it tonight)
If anyone wants to try this and needs measurements or instructions, just ask but it is really simple
You will need:
Drill or Drill press
7/16 bit
1/4 bit
center punch and hammer
1/4" bolt or screw
Offset distance is 17cm

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Nice job.
I was going to do something similar for my D3, but rather than having a single drilled hole to mount the bracket to the tripod, I was going to make it one long slot so the meter could be moved forwards and backwards. I didn't have the tools to pull it off though, so I abandoned that design althogether.

That bolt with the ring looks like something I could use in place of the wingnuts I'm currently using (easily lost). I've never seen those before. Is there a common name for them?
post #3 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post

Nice job.
I was going to do something similar for my D3, but rather than having a single drilled hole to mount the bracket to the tripod, I was going to make it one long slot so the meter could be moved forwards and backwards. I didn't have the tools to pull it off though, so I abandoned that design althogether.

That bolt with the ring looks like something I could use in place of the wingnuts I'm currently using (easily lost). I've never seen those before. Is there a common name for them?

No idea, it came with the mount, which came with the meter..

Doug

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

No idea, it came with the mount, which came with the meter..

Oh bummer. Oh well, now that I know they exist, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post

Oh bummer. Oh well, now that I know they exist, I'll have to keep an eye out for them.

Have you tried a Google of "Tripod screw replacement"
Looks like this site had them but they are backordered.. I bet with a little searching you could fine one. (second page)
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/buy/Bush...-/N/4289936033

Doug

post #6 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

^ Thanks. I currently have a fixed length bolt which I then screw the D3 onto. That gets a bit messy with that thin connection cord getting twisted around.
Something like this would make it easier to hold the meter in place and screw the bolt into it (just as it should be).
post #7 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 06:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have the i1Pro mount. What I did was drill a hole right between those 2 black posts. One screw there to attach the C6. A little simpler, I think.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The thing I was trying to achieve was the proper offset so the FOV would be identical when profiling. The i1pro has to be 17cm behind the C6 so they view the same amount of area.

I just finished calibrating my projector and this is the first time doing it with the profiled C6 and using this setup. It worked fantastic! Once profiled the C6 read just like the I1pro at the top end and much better at the bottom end. I took several sets of readings before making any changes to compare. Not a real big difference but measurable.

Doug

post #9 of 15 Old 04-08-2012, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So is the 17cm distance from the back of the C6 mounting plate to the front of the i1pro plate, or is it the distance from the face of each meter when mounted?
post #10 of 15 Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The distance from the face. This is from Derek http://www.spectracal.com/forum/view...it=17cm#p21351 at the spectracal site and this chart is also helpful to understand why it is important and what your meter sees at a given distance.
http://store.spectracal.com/article-...e-is-important

Doug

post #11 of 15 Old 04-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay: I have the same mounts and meters...so what is the distance between the mounting brackets. (back of C6 to Front of i1ro)? If I know that distance I can just drill the holes and be good to go? or just give me the center distance to the hole that needs to be drilled in the i1pro bracket? and that should line everything up corectly...can you measure and share these numbers? Thanks!
post #12 of 15 Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I1pro mount:
Center of 7/16 hole is almost 15/16" behind center of front factory mounting hole

C6 Mark center for 1/4 hole once you get the 7/16" hole drilled and lay the 2 parts together flush.

Doug

post #13 of 15 Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Thank You Doug!!!

Here is my DIY for about $25.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #14 of 15 Old 06-23-2012, 05:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 35
What is the dimension as shown on the picture?

thanks

post #15 of 15 Old 06-23-2012, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

look up at post #12
But to answer your question 4 1/4"

Doug

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page