Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 68 Old 04-23-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by djams View Post

I contacted the seller, asking him to be sure to verify the serial #'s matched on the spectro and base before shipping, since he had 3 units.

He replied "will do", so I guess that answers the question.

I also contacted xrite about acquiring a replacement base, will post their response when I get it. The i1Pro is now on the discontinued list, so the response will be interesting.

Great news Djams. Now the long wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 Old 04-24-2012, 07:42 AM - Thread Starter

Djams has your i1pro shipped yet?
post #33 of 68 Old 04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

No - when I contacted him yesterday he said he would be shipping it "in the next few days".
post #34 of 68 Old 04-24-2012, 08:33 AM

Liked: 12
Thanks to all about the info on the base plate.

Mine has not shipped yet either. I'll surely get it last as it will have to cross the border.
post #35 of 68 Old 04-25-2012, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mine shipped out today.
post #36 of 68 Old 04-25-2012, 06:09 PM

Mine too.
post #37 of 68 Old 04-26-2012, 10:38 PM

Hi!

I've also won an auction and my unit has already arrived. Unfortunately I didn't read the description carefully. It didn't include the base unit and I definitely need the unit to calibrate my printers, too

Nevertheless, the diagnostic utility ran fine while doing the white point calibration on a bright white sheet of paper...

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement base? I know it's tight to the main unit but maybe x-rite is keeping a database with the calibration data or is able to re-produce a somehow identical unit.

Or do you think I should rather sell it and try to win an auction with a base unit included?

Damn it ... I should have found this thread a few days earlier...
post #38 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxident View Post

Hi!

I've also won an auction and my unit has already arrived. Unfortunately I didn't read the description carefully. It didn't include the base unit and I definitely need the unit to calibrate my printers, too

Nevertheless, the diagnostic utility ran fine while doing the white point calibration on a bright white sheet of paper...

Does anyone know if it's possible to get a replacement base? I know it's tight to the main unit but maybe x-rite is keeping a database with the calibration data or is able to re-produce a somehow identical unit.

Or do you think I should rather sell it and try to win an auction with a base unit included?

Damn it ... I should have found this thread a few days earlier...

I sent xrite an inquiry about a replacement base 4 days ago and have not heard back yet. I used the "request support" link on their website. Makes me wonder if I entered my email address wrong. You might give it a try also.
post #39 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:

I sent xrite an inquiry about a replacement base 4 days ago and have not heard back yet. I used the "request support" link on their website. Makes me wonder if I entered my email address wrong. You might give it a try also.

Yes, I did this and they replied quite immediately!
I have to send the entite unit to one of their service centers and they will then "produce" and calibrate a new base unit which will fit my i1.

But they didn't tell me the price. I guess it sounds quite expensive...
post #40 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrus View Post

Mine shipped out today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boum View Post

Mine too.

Mine arrived yesterday. It's in great shape, looks brand new. Passes all diagnostics.

Wanted to give you a heads up not to bother with the CD. It's very old, and the drivers don't work with Windows7. Download software and drivers here: http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...upport&ID=1462

I have a question about the i1Diagnostics output. It reports the "spot read" and "dark read" count of 43, lamp burning time of 101.9 seconds, and "scan read" of 0. This would lead me to believe that this unit has barely been used. Is this correct?
post #41 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxident View Post

Yes, I did this and they replied quite immediately!
I have to send the entite unit to one of their service centers and they will then "produce" and calibrate a new base unit which will fit my i1.

But they didn't tell me the price. I guess it sounds quite expensive...

If you pursue this further and find out the price, please post back - just to satisfy my curiosity.
post #42 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Djams, what all came with it?
post #43 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Spectro, base and CD. No cable, which was supposed to be included - but I've got plenty, so I'm not going to make an issue of it.
post #44 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

I just got mine. Exactly like yours and no cable. I've got to buy a cable today. What do most people recommend for longest USB cable length?
post #45 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:

Mine arrived yesterday. It's in great shape, looks brand new. Passes all diagnostics.

Wanted to give you a heads up not to bother with the CD. It's very old, and the drivers don't work with Windows7. Download software and drivers here: http://www.xrite.com/product_overvie...upport&ID=1462

I have a question about the i1Diagnostics output. It reports the "spot read" and "dark read" count of 43, lamp burning time of 101.9 seconds, and "scan read" of 0. This would lead me to believe that this unit has barely been used. Is this correct?

Yep, that one seems to have had very little use, you have under 2 minutes of total lamp reads (my Rev.B has about 16 minutes total).

Quote:

I just got mine. Exactly like yours and no cable. I've got to buy a cable today. What do most people recommend for longest USB cable length?

I have been going through the whole cable/hub issue recently and discovered that even a well built 10' will fail on one of the lamp tests (via both laptop and desktop). I also tried a 16' active extension with no luck. I have the OEM and another 6' that work fine and pass all diagnostics. It sounds like if you use a decent powered hub you can go longer, this is what I will be trying this weekend.

The one thing that may not make a difference here is the internal lamp may not even be used with emissive reads (display calibration) so it may not even matter that it fails that particular test for our use (?).

* Joel answered here http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showp...6&postcount=52 and it appears we do not need to worry about the lamp test fail with a longer usb cable since the lamp is not used for emissive reads. So as long as all other tests pass with a longer cable i1Pro should be good to go.

Best of luck,
Jason
post #46 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

I can't get the driver to work with hcfr fork. It passed diagnostics with flying colors.
post #47 of 68 Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

You have to use HCFR 2.1 with the i1Pro (for now) they are still working on fixing it with HCFR 3.

Jason
post #48 of 68 Old 04-30-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Well Boum, Djams how are you liking your i1pro? I can't believe how far off my display2 was. I'm real impressed how fast it is, even on 20 and 10 ire.
post #49 of 68 Old 04-30-2012, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

It's not going to be very accurate down below 30 IRE, the more samples / longer reads will be of benefit with the i1Pro under 30 IRE.

Jason
post #50 of 68 Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 328
Quote:

Well Boum, Djams how are you liking your i1pro? I can't believe how far off my display2 was. I'm real impressed how fast it is, even on 20 and 10 ire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

It's not going to be very accurate down below 30 IRE, the more samples / longer reads will be of benefit with the i1Pro under 30 IRE.

Jason

30% peak luminance is about the limit of the i1Pro assuming peak luminance is in the 30-60 FtL range. The newest model might read fast below 30% but don't trust it.

Buzz
THX Certified Video Calibrator

post #51 of 68 Old 04-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I haven't had time to use it yet, other than to run the diagnostics. Hopefully this weekend
post #52 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 08:26 AM

I have not received mine yet, it is still pending customs clearance.
post #53 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 AM
Advanced Member

In case anyone is interested:

On the original thread topic, I just heard from xrite.

A new base is $92.00. The spectro would have to be recertified to calibrate properly using the white tile in the new base, which is $215.00. Not including shipping and any applicable local sales tax of course.
post #54 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boum View Post

I have not received mine yet, it is still pending customs clearance.

Just as you predicted.
post #55 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

In case anyone is interested:

On the original thread topic, I just heard from xrite.

A new base is $92.00. The spectro would have to be recertified to calibrate properly using the white tile in the new base, which is $215.00. Not including shipping and any applicable local sales tax of course.

Good thing we got the base with ours. I'm totally blown away with my 55LH90's picture now. Colors,shadow detail, I know everyone says below 30 luminance the i1pro isn't accurate. But I can't see how it could get better.
post #56 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 187
Quote:

Good thing we got the base with ours. I'm totally blown away with my 55LH90's picture now. Colors,shadow detail, I know everyone says below 30 luminance the i1pro isn't accurate. But I can't see how it could get better.

I know what you mean, but believe me when I say it can get better. Most people think their meter is correct until it is measured against a reference spectro on the actual display being calibrated (though this mainly applies to those who only use a colorimeter).

In your case, you're already using a spectro (which means you probably don't need to worry about 30% on upwards) but it doesn't read 10% and 20% correctly on most displays with typical peak white and gamma as the Y values are too low at those grayscale steps. Paired with a D3, you could get great results at the low end. My point being here, many people think their meter is accurate until it checked against a reference. Your case is a bit different since it is a question of low end accuracy on a affordable 10 nm spectro.
post #57 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

I know nobody's gonna believe this, but I just profiled my i1Display LT to the the i1pro. The i1Display LT was way off before profiling. After profiling, they read exactly the same, From 100-10 ire. I never get this lucky so what's the catch, .
post #58 of 68 Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I know nobody's gonna believe this, but I just profiled my i1Display LT to the the i1pro. The i1Display LT was way off before profiling. After profiling, they read exactly the same, From 100-10 ire. I never get this lucky so what's the catch, .

That's exactly what I plan to do. Fact is, after profiling, the i1D2 should be more repeatable than the i1pro at 10% and 20%.

Sounds like you did it right!
post #59 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 12:50 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, but everyone says the i1display 2 should be more accurate at low levels. So it shouldn't read the same at 20 & 10 ire. The readings are identical from 100-10 ire.
post #60 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 AM

Is there anyway to create ICC profile using a profiled D2? You can create meter offset using Calman, HCFR, ChromaPure but they can't make ICC profile.
I don't know any ICC profile maker software(3rd party or bundle) that can use offset tables either.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page