post #61 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallengt View Post

Is there anyway to create ICC profile using a profiled D2? You can create meter offset using Calman, HCFR, ChromaPure but they can't make ICC profile.
I don't know any ICC profile maker software(3rd party or bundle) that can use offset tables either.

Yes CalMAN can make a ICC with the CalPC add-on. So yes there is a ICC profile maker that can also use a profiled meter.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith View Post

Yes CalMAN can make a ICC with the CalPC add-on. So yes there is a ICC profile maker that can also use a profiled meter.

If I want to make a profile for my Laptop using CalMan and CalPC add-on on my Desktop, do I have to keep CalPC client on my laptop in order to use ICC profile ?
post #63 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:

If I want to make a profile for my Laptop using CalMan and CalPC add-on on my Desktop, do I have to keep CalPC client on my laptop in order to use ICC profile ?

You can unload the client piece and continue to use the ICC profile. But CalPC can also calibrate the hardware LUT to give you better grayscale response. The grayscale/gamma corrections work on the desktop, so they increase your accuracy even for apps that aren't ICC aware.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #64 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrus View Post

Yes, but everyone says the i1display 2 should be more accurate at low levels. So it shouldn't read the same at 20 & 10 ire. The readings are identical from 100-10 ire.

how much light is your display putting out at 10% and 20%?
post #65 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:

Is there anyway to create ICC profile using a profiled D2? You can create meter offset using Calman, HCFR, ChromaPure but they can't make ICC profile.
I don't know any ICC profile maker software(3rd party or bundle) that can use offset tables either.

Get CalPC Add-on License for CalMAN. First take readings with your reference meter to profile your D2 and later use the saved profile to AutoCal your ICC with CalMAN.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
post #66 of 68 Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

how much light is your display putting out at 10% and 20%?

I think my gamma was to high. How low is the i1pro accurate. My 10 ire was around 1ftL. I used Steromandan's chart to get my gamma perfect with i1display2. I just have to find time to see what the i1pro reads now.
post #67 of 68 Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 PM

Liked: 12
I received my unit today. Minus a scratch on the case, it seems in good shape. It passed the diagnostics; the dark measurement count is 130, spot measurement count is 125 and lamp burning time is 375s.

I tried a quick run in CalMan and it works. CalMan lists its last calibration date in May 15th, 2007. So if this is correct, my meter is quite old. I wonder if it's too old to be useful.
post #68 of 68 Old 05-04-2012, 12:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by boum View Post

I tried a quick run in CalMan and it works. CalMan lists its last calibration date in May 15th, 2007. So if this is correct, my meter is quite old. I wonder if it's too old to be useful.

Since the i1Pro doesn't use filters, age is much less of an issue. The sensors do still age, but I'm not sure how old they have to be before they really fall off.

If you really want to get it checked out you can have us check it out. I don't know what that costs off the top of my head, but feel free to call us and find out.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page