KRP-600M - Final results - ISFnight. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 04:37 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I think i have now finally completed my calibration run for night settings for a UK Pioneer KRP-600M, i may try and tweak the greyscale a little more, how about gamma?

Please comment on what you think,

Thanks.

100% Stim.

Gamma 1-9 all 0

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 127
If that was my set I would be outside doing that happy dance naked!
Your done

Just want to verify one thing. You were doing dark readings on your meter every 8 minutes during your calibration correct?
post #3 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 07:59 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Just want to verify one thing. You were doing dark readings on your meter every 8 minutes during your calibration correct?

Thanks airscapes!

Initially did dark measurements every 10 mins as per Calman prompt time, but the last couple of tweaks every 3-5 minutes.

I was just pondering about the lower gamma slight drop but don't think this will have much effect being so small?
post #4 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post

Thanks airscapes!

Initially did dark measurements every 10 mins as per Calman prompt time, but the last couple of tweaks every 3-5 minutes.

I was just pondering about the lower gamma slight drop but don't think this will have much effect being so small?

I would be willing to bet if you hung your meter back on the set and rerun the calibration you would see very slight differences as it would not be looking at the exact same spot.. it is hair splitting time.. If you want to play go for it! Will you see the changes in real content watching .. Nope..

Not sure if you know this, but it was a tip given to me by RayJR for the i1pro.
In Calman you can assign the button on the side of the i1pro to a task. Set it to initialize and all you need to do is cover the hole with your finger, hit the button and your dark reading is done. No need to change screen in Calman. Only Caveat is it does not work if you have the meter setting screen up.
post #5 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Ha ha, yes your probably right, i have been using the AVS 709 disk with the meter positioning crosshair.

I did know about the i1 button - calman setting but didn't know about using it to do a recal, thanks for the tip!!

Really love the PQ these sets give off when calibrated, well worth the hard work!
post #6 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 41
you can probably get that small hump out at 20 in ur gamma using the gamma controls in controlcal. you might even be able to flatten it out using those controls. just remember to raise or lower them all at once. dont lower or raise one color and not the others.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

you can probably get that small hump out at 20 in ur gamma using the gamma controls in controlcal. you might even be able to flatten it out using those controls. just remember to raise or lower them all at once. dont lower or raise one color and not the others.

Thanks for the input!

I am aware about the gamma controls and what to adjust, however from calibration reports i've seen, only negative adjustments have been made, never seen any requiring a + additive and sure Turbe has mentioned not to go positive on these controls.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post

Thanks for the input!

I am aware about the gamma controls and what to adjust, however from calibration reports i've seen, only negative adjustments have been made, never seen any requiring a + additive and sure Turbe has mentioned not to go positive on these controls.

One thing to note, I have both the i1pro and the C6. Once the C6 is profiled off the i1pro it read almost exactly like the i1pro. Where things get different is 20 and 10.
i1pro reads less light than the C6. i1pro reading goes negative, C6 goes positive so If I were to guess the gamma is actually higher at 20 than it reads with the i1pro. This is why you use a profiled colorimeter for front projections, the spectro is not all that accurate at low light levels.
post #9 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

One thing to note, I have both the i1pro and the C6. Once the C6 is profiled off the i1pro it read almost exactly like the i1pro. Where things get different is 20 and 10.
i1pro reads less light than the C6. i1pro reading goes negative, C6 goes positive so If I were to guess the gamma is actually higher at 20 than it reads with the i1pro. This is why you use a profiled colorimeter for front projections, the spectro is not all that accurate at low light levels.

Yes; since this is a 9G pioneer plasma, the black levels are really low and so the i1pro may not be accurate below 30% gray
post #10 of 10 Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thats what i'll be looking to do next, i have a dtp-94b that i intend to profile and work more on the low end.

Thanks.
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page