HELP - xy vs. Y% compromise, RGB based CMS, Mitsubishi DLP calibration - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-01-2012, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Mitsubishi WD-73c11 (same as wd-73640). It has an RGB based CMS so I can adjust the levels RGB for all primaries and secondaries but I can't directly change hue, saturation, or lightness. It also has RGB high and low adjsutments all accessible from the advanced user menu. I think there is also RGB gains available in the service menu but I haven't played with these yet

So basically what I'm seeing is that with dead on xy calibrations I can't hit the targeted Y values. So I don't know where to strike the compromise and what the human eye is more sensitive to. Should I be biased towards xy accuracy or Y% accuracy. I can get the Y% lower but this involves lowering the contrast drastically and I'd probably only be getting 20ftL of light output and I think that would hurt more than help. Per some other threads I'm calibrating at 75% saturation, not 100%.

My grey scale and gamma and luminance are all pretty much dead on. Its the primaries and secondaries I'm concerned with.

If you look at the attached the Run 2 I was going after more accurate xy coordinates and on Run3 was going after more accurate Y% values.

In the service menu there are RBG controls. I'm not sure if these affect grey scale the like the ones in the user menu for high and low or if maybe I can use these to get my Y% closer. See: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1162319
LL
LL
LL
LL
LL
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page