VIZIO e26OVA Razor / trouble with calibrating - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-13-2012, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, folks. I'm new to the "new" tvs and need calibration help. Here's the background:

1. My six-week old Vizio 26" Razor is hooked up to cable; not through a cable box, just the cable line coming into the house. I do not have digital service (too expensive), just Basic from Time Warner
2. Colors vary widely from station to station, both on HD and analog.
3. Too much purple tint no matter what I do with custom TV picture settings, so have been trying to work with the "Gain" and "Offset" settings.

Not knowing what else you'd need to know, I'll just say I'm frustrated after working with this for this amount of time and will appreciate someone with the same exact TV sharing Gain and Offset settings, along with any other settings you'd care to post. Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2012, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Welcome to the forum. Check the 'LCD Flat Panel Displays' section elsewhere in the forum. There may be other owners of your make and model of TV there who consider it worthwhile to share their settings. Also, check this "sticky" thread from the 'Links to this forum's popular threads' at the top of this area of the forum:

'Sharing display menu settings?'

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906
post #3 of 3 Old 05-17-2012, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnenessNC View Post

Hi, folks. I'm new to the "new" tvs and need calibration help. Here's the background:

1. My six-week old Vizio 26" Razor is hooked up to cable; not through a cable box, just the cable line coming into the house. I do not have digital service (too expensive), just Basic from Time Warner
2. Colors vary widely from station to station, both on HD and analog.
3. Too much purple tint no matter what I do with custom TV picture settings, so have been trying to work with the "Gain" and "Offset" settings.

Not knowing what else you'd need to know, I'll just say I'm frustrated after working with this for this amount of time and will appreciate someone with the same exact TV sharing Gain and Offset settings, along with any other settings you'd care to post. Many thanks.

Hio OnenessNC,

Your problem is not the TV but the way you are hooked up to your cable. If you want good results you will need a cable box hooked up via HDMI. Then put the TV in Movie Mode. That would be a good start.

Kevin Miller
ISF Technician
Co-Instructor ISF Level I & II Seminars
Display Product Development Consultant
kevin@isftv.com
Co-founder tweaktv.com
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page