spyder 4 tv hd. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
Scottthehat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 64
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi has any one used it and if so what do you think of it.

Cheers.

sharp lcd 42"samsung ps59d550 plasma,onkyo 875/606,sherrwood 945 avr,sony md/cd/ps3,toshiba hd dvd/bluray,panasonic blu-ray,wharfdale front/center/15" sub+2 12",eltax liberty rears x2(7.1),jamo 12" fronts + rears,sky hd,teac td, spyder 4tvhd + chromapure calibration stuff. nikon d700/d300 + pro glas
Scottthehat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 Old 05-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Member
 
lb750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottthehat View Post

Hi has any one used it and if so what do you think of it.

Cheers.

I used it on my Samsung UN55ES7500. It made a big improvement over the stock settings. You have to do the calibration with the TV in the standard mode. I then used the settings and applied them to the movie mode. I now like the picture better in movie mode instead of standard.
lb750 is offline  
post #3 of 4 Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by lb750 View Post

I used it on my Samsung UN55ES7500. It made a big improvement over the stock settings. You have to do the calibration with the TV in the standard mode. I then used the settings and applied them to the movie mode. I now like the picture better in movie mode instead of standard.

I don't think you can copy settings from one picture mode to another and expect that to provide the same result as calibrating in movie mode to begin with.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #4 of 4 Old 05-19-2012, 12:47 PM
Member
 
lb750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Austin,TX
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

I don't think you can copy settings from one picture mode to another and expect that to provide the same result as calibrating in movie mode to begin with.

You are probably right but when I tried to calibrate in movie mode, the screen would go black when I was trying to calibrate birghtness
settings below 19. Not sure why this happens.
lb750 is offline  
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off