VT50 Calibration - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 184 Old 06-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Speaking of peak white & luminance, I typically use a 2% windowed pattern & based up on my room, I set my set to 35fl using that pattern. Is this the practical way of setting your desired peak white output?

My Panasonic 60ST60 Settings

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 184 Old 06-21-2013, 10:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 147
I use the same patterns that I use for calibration. Not much use in knowing your peak luminance using tiny windows.
post #183 of 184 Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadett View Post

Speaking of peak white & luminance, I typically use a 2% windowed pattern & based up on my room, I set my set to 35fl using that pattern. Is this the practical way of setting your desired peak white output?

As long as you're comfortable with it being that bright/dim for your room, its as good a way as any. Some will say that with a 10% window, cave like conditions would be somewhere between 30 and 35 ftl. Then you have to make the conversion for 2% windows.

A while back, I asked if there was a standard way of measuring peak white such as using a certain size and type of pattern.

Mostly I got that there was no standard way of doing it.

Where this gets to be a problem is when one person says that they're getting 45 ftl and another says that they're getting 35 ftl and they both are seeing the exact same thing but using different size patterns.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
post #184 of 184 Old 06-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

As long as you're comfortable with it being that bright/dim for your room, its as good a way as any. Some will say that with a 10% window, cave like conditions would be somewhere between 30 and 35 ftl. Then you have to make the conversion for 2% windows.

A while back, I asked if there was a standard way of measuring peak white such as using a certain size and type of pattern.

Mostly I got that there was no standard way of doing it.

Where this gets to be a problem is when one person says that they're getting 45 ftl and another says that they're getting 35 ftl and they both are seeing the exact same thing but using different size patterns.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was thinking.

My Panasonic 60ST60 Settings

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page