Weird scaling issues with JVC DLA-RS45U projector - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 07:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Using the WOW calibration disc, I get strange bowing and ghosting images on the screen when running the scaling and advanced scaling tests. Im supposed to be seeing either a thatched pattern, vertical or horizontal lines, depending on the test. I see no patterns or lines at all. Even the 1 pixel squares on the overscan test don't look right.

I've isolated the problem to the projector, because I tried hooking up a Blu-ray directly to it and I get the same results. At first I thought it was a problem with the disc, but I also have a Blu-ray carousel on a matrix switch that goes to this projector and to 3 other flat panel tv's and the images are correct on the flat panels but not on the projector.

There are no scaling or over scanning settings on the projector and I've tried turning off deep color and 24p on the players but it had no effect.

I also have the Spears & Munsel disc but I didn't find any scaling or overscan tests on there. When I watch a movie it looks fine to me, so I'm not sure what to do. I'm really at a loss. I've contacted JVC and they were completely useless. Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Spears and Munsil has a pixel cropping test. That will show you if it is scaling the image as well.

Chris Heinonen
Senior Editor, Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity, www.hometheaterhifi.com
Displays Editor, AnandTech.com
Contributor, HDGuru.com and Wirecutter.com
ISF Level II Certified Calibrator, ReferenceHomeTheater.com
post #3 of 4 Old 05-23-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackrabbit View Post

Spears and Munsil has a pixel cropping test. That will show you if it is scaling the image as well.

Ok. I will try this test, but I suspect it will give me a similar result. So what do I do about this?
post #4 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smackrabbit View Post

Actually, I only saw an image cropping test which is just for sizing the image correctly on the screen...

But I actually resolved this issue today. Someone on another post told me to check if I had any keystone correction set. I did have a 1 tick keystone correction set because the top corners were wider than the bottom, so it really needs a little correction. Anyway I took off the keystone correction & away went my scaling problems! Now it's displaying the correct patterns. Thanks so much! It was driving me nuts trying to figure this out...
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page