Samsung 32EH5000 calibration and weirdness - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently bought a Samsung 32EH5000 as a bedroom TV, and I've been testing it out (at the moment through HDMI to my computer, as I do not have another video device yet). I've attempted to use the downloadable test patterns from this site to calibrate the panel, but I can't seem to get it quite right. (note that I have the panel's HDMI black levels setting set to low) Both the black clipping and white clipping tests are off by one level. Is this something to be concerned about? If so, how do I fix this?

Additionally, I was doing an eyeball test with Iron Man 2 in HD via Netflix (in firefox) and in certain dark scenes I was seeing blotchy artifacting and that has me concerned. For comparison, I played a 720p copy of Apollo 13 through VLC and in no scene did I see equivalent artifacting. If my reasoning is correct, the comparative perfectness of Apollo 13 suggests the artifacting isn't due to my panel but rather Netflix (perhaps some form of compression artifacting... though I've heard netflix HD is pretty good). Does it sound like I have a problem here?

Thanks very much for any help! I've never had an HDTV before so this is a little strange.
Reply Display Calibration

Tags
Samsung Un32eh5000 32 Inch 1080p 60 Hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page