Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-02-2012, 06:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pro Calibrators:

Is it possible to calibrate the WB of the VT50's "game mode" in the service menu? There isn't a "game mode" picture option in there, but my understanding is that if I calibrate the custom mode's color temperature, that it should have an effect on the game mode WB... is this true? Or is this too difficult of an endeavor to even attempt?

Calibration Equipment:

Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro

Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL

Televisions:

Panasonic TC-P65VT50 (currently own)
Samsung UN55D8000 (returned) Calibration and Settings Thread

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-03-2012, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is possible with the right programming and know how of the panasonic service menu's, the only down fall to taking this on by yourself is not having the proper programming in which to do so. What I mean by that is if you dont have the light meter and a program such as CalMan showing you realtime readout's you could do more harm than good. My suggestion is to have a pro calibration tech come and do it, because they can adjust it to the best possible settings to make the VT50 shine, and that model from Panasonic has the best interface for calibration of all the model's. Hope that helps
post #3 of 6 Old 06-03-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatedsalesman172 View Post

It is possible with the right programming and know how of the panasonic service menu's, the only down fall to taking this on by yourself is not having the proper programming in which to do so. What I mean by that is if you dont have the light meter and a program such as CalMan showing you realtime readout's you could do more harm than good. My suggestion is to have a pro calibration tech come and do it, because they can adjust it to the best possible settings to make the VT50 shine, and that model from Panasonic has the best interface for calibration of all the model's. Hope that helps

I do have a meter (i1 Display Pro), and Calman, and ControlCAL. I've already calibrated the set for ISF Day... just haven't ever messed with the service menu before.

Calibration Equipment:

Televisions:

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3

post #4 of 6 Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
mmk well I do know that for the panasonic vt50 to be truely calibrated you must do it through the service menu's, Panny is acutally one of very few tv's that calman can control through the service menu without using the remote. So I would say as long as you are using calman and not adj'ing the programming in other service menu's then you should be good to go, just note about an hour and a half of your life will be consumed in making it perfect. Plus dont get frustraighted if you can't get 100% spot on panny's are just dumb like that from time to time
post #5 of 6 Old 06-03-2012, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 301
The service menu and the ISFccc/Custom modes that CalMAN and ControlCAL can adjust are 2 different things.

Yes, Game mode can easily be adjusted in the SM. It has normal 2 point adjustments for R,G,B. Assuming you used Warm2 as the foundation for the ISF Day calibration, you can calibrate the Normal color temp preset in the SM for Game mode and it will not effect your ISF Day calibration.

BTW, there's no gamma adjustment, so your gamma will not be very good.
post #6 of 6 Old 06-03-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatedsalesman172 View Post

mmk well I do know that for the panasonic vt50 to be truely calibrated you must do it through the service menu's, Panny is acutally one of very few tv's that calman can control through the service menu without using the remote. So I would say as long as you are using calman and not adj'ing the programming in other service menu's then you should be good to go, just note about an hour and a half of your life will be consumed in making it perfect. Plus dont get frustraighted if you can't get 100% spot on panny's are just dumb like that from time to time

Huh? All of the ISF features are in the Custom mode. Even D-Nice has said he'll probably never go into the SM again, at least with Panny's.

I'll ask it again for any pro calibrators (who have actually touched a VT50): My question was related specifically to game mode, and how to calibrate the color temp, if it's at all possible/feasible.

EDIT: just saw ChadB's post- thanks Chad. That's what I needed to hear.

Calibration Equipment:

Televisions:

Plasma IR Removal:

Post 1 - Post 2 - Post 3

Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page