BT.1886 - a question? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 03-02-2014, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
The overall soft picture/gamma may work better(more consistent) on this tv as there's nothing I can do about the washed out picture/ gamma at high abl...budget samsung((no 10pt or cms).Whatever a persons preference is.Athough it missing some pop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 03-09-2014, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
so after recalibrating my st60 from power 2.2 to 1886 i watched it for a while and that the 1886 resulted in a much more elevated look to low light scenes making shadow detail easier to see than 2.2 (doesn't make sense to me how this is possible). but gives some shots a flatter look. the target calman set for me for 1886 was 2.3. i did a comparison by having custom mode at 2.2 and cinema mode at 1886. i would have thought the 2.3 target would have had the opposite result but i guess thats part of the calculations differences between the two. wondering if anyone thinks this is "normal" or if i made a mistake.
post #63 of 63 Old 03-09-2014, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by denide View Post

so after recalibrating my st60 from power 2.2 to 1886 i watched it for a while and that the 1886 resulted in a much more elevated look to low light scenes making shadow detail easier to see than 2.2 (doesn't make sense to me how this is possible). but gives some shots a flatter look. the target calman set for me for 1886 was 2.3. i did a comparison by having custom mode at 2.2 and cinema mode at 1886. i would have thought the 2.3 target would have had the opposite result but i guess thats part of the calculations differences between the two. wondering if anyone thinks this is "normal" or if i made a mistake.

Hi, since we don't know what gamma each movie has color granded with, it's a good idea to have 2 different calibrated gamma settings to your setup and swap after each movie starts to the setting that look better to your eyes.

I do the same with my eeColor, having 6 different gamma settings stored wink.gif

It's very easy if you use LightSpace since from one 3D-Cube measurement data file you can generate in seconds as many gamma target correction LUT's you like, without re-measuring again for each gamma target.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS + CalMAN ColorChecker
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, CalPC, ControlCAL
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page