SAMSUNG LED UA32ES6200 - Messed up with AV Calibration like most of us here!!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 06:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I have recently bought a samsung led ua32es6200 3D smart led tv and somehow unknowingly while surfing the service menu i have disturbed the calibration in AV settings..mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif.
thnx to other posts on avsforum.com, i was able to recalibrate the tv with 8*8 checkboard and regain colors but still the crisp image is missing as the checkboard used was not for this model....
I will be greatful if anyone here can help me out....
thanks in advance for your kind responses......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter

also i would like to tell you that after using the checkboard for calibration the status was "failure" but still the image was much better then before and right now its bright but blurry.... I can see distortion in the images.... plzz plzzz help!
post #3 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Send a message via AIM to Rayjr Send a message via Yahoo to Rayjr Send a message via Skype™ to Rayjr
Easiest thing for you to do...will be ..return the TV...get another one.

And please....don't go into the service menu...the controls you need to calibrate are more then likely in the user menu.

RayJr

"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohit Sangal View Post

Hi I have recently bought a samsung led ua32es6200 3D smart led tv and somehow unknowingly while surfing the service menu i have disturbed the calibration in AV settings..mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif.
thnx to other posts on avsforum.com, i was able to recalibrate the tv with 8*8 checkboard and regain colors but still the crisp image is missing as the checkboard used was not for this model....
I will be greatful if anyone here can help me out....
thanks in advance for your kind responses......

There aren't different checkerboards for different models - make sure you use one that has a black square in the upper left corner. If you can't figure out how to do the checkerboard calibration then check these values in the SM under ADC/WB->ADC Target. They should be close to values indicated, if not set them there.

2nd_R_L 130
2nd_G_L 130
2nd_B_L 130
2nd_R_H 80
2nd_G_H 80
2nd_B_H 80

-----

post #5 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post

There aren't different checkerboards for different models - make sure you use one that has a black square in the upper left corner. If you can't figure out how to do the checkerboard calibration then check these values in the SM under ADC/WB->ADC Target. They should be close to values indicated, if not set them there.
2nd_R_L 130
2nd_G_L 130
2nd_B_L 130
2nd_R_H 80
2nd_G_H 80
2nd_B_H 80

Thanks Zoyd.... but please help me with the values for 1st _Y_GH too as i think this is primarily important .... 1st _Y_GH value is 375 .... is this fine???
post #6 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

That's for component input, which input did you mess up? I have no idea what the component values should be.

-----

post #7 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

That's for component input, which input did you mess up? I have no idea what the component values should be.[/quote
by any chance do you have the checkboard pattern for my led tv as I could find only the ones with white square at top left .. mad.gif
post #8 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

They are called modified or inverse ANSI contrast patterns. You can find them on this disk in HD format or use the disk from this post, chapter marked 16-255 on DVD.

-----

post #9 of 21 Old 06-23-2012, 11:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

They are called modified or inverse ANSI contrast patterns. You can find them on this disk in HD format or use the disk from this post, chapter marked 16-255 on DVD.
No luck... the ADC calibration is still a "failure"... I played the video with the referred pattern number 16-255 for almost 5-6 times but the status was still the same...
the image is blur and grainy but still viewable ..... I really dont know what's wrong ... i think i have messed it up badly:mad:mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
post #10 of 21 Old 06-24-2012, 03:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No luck... the ADC calibration is still a "failure"... I played the video with the referred pattern number 16-255 for almost 5-6 times but the status was still the same...
the image is blur and grainy but still viewable ..... I really dont know what's wrong ... i think i have messed it up badly:mad:mad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

1. Which input are you using for the dvd?

There should be four calibration menu options in the SM:
AV Calibration
Comp Calibration
PC Calibration
HDMI Calibration

2. Which of those options did you use?

-----

post #11 of 21 Old 06-24-2012, 05:09 AM - Thread Starter

The first one... AV CALIBRATION
post #12 of 21 Old 06-24-2012, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

moreover I am facing another problem... once i turn on my tv's 3D mode and switch it back to 2D the image is all dark green kinds.... then if i just power off the tv and power on, Its perfectly ok.... strange
post #13 of 21 Old 06-24-2012, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The first one... AV CALIBRATION

oh I see. So the AV input (cable card/antenna) is the one you have messed up? If that's the case you need to get the checkerboard pattern to that input, I don't know how to do that.

-----

post #14 of 21 Old 08-02-2012, 02:18 PM

i am also facing same problem with av callibration . please help me...............
post #15 of 21 Old 08-02-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan MB View Post

i am also facing same problem with av callibration . please help me...............

this for UA40ES6200 samsung tv
post #16 of 21 Old 08-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC3317 View Post

i know this thread is very old and i'm probably gonna get modded or something for posting this, but i just have to say that i had this problem and this same model of tv and this post completely fixed the problem i moronically caused myself. so matt & wife, if you happen to still come to these forums and see this post, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

Tried this settings also no luck
post #17 of 21 Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wifey_Sherriff View Post

TO ANYONE WHO IS THINKING ABOUT CALIBRATING (OR WHO HAS SCREWED IT UP ALREADY):

I made the same STUPID, STUPID mistake of going in to the service screen because I simply wanted to check how many hours we've used our TV in the past 2 1/2 years. Well, this was by far, the DUMBEST THING I've ever done with an electronic piece of equipment. I was even forewarned that accessing the SERVICE menu could cause irreparable damage, and I was still cocky enough to believe that I knew what I was doing (even though I am very technologically savvy).

Let me be clear... UNLESS YOU ARE A TRAINED, CERTIFIED, EXPERIENCED TV PROGRAMMER, OR REPAIR TECHNICIAN, DO NOT SCREW AROUND IN THE SERVICE SCREEN!!! Save yourself hours of issues (and potentially a permanently busted TV)!

So what happened, is that I accidentally hit the "CALIBRATE" button (as it is the first option on the SERVICE SCREEN). The remote isn't user friendly when it comes to using the service screen - the buttons you use, don't match up to the "flow" on the TV. The TV started calibrating a frozen image from the show "COPS". I didn't know how to stop it, and didn't understand that it was completely screwing it up, until after it finished calibrating.

Anyway, my wife and I just finished spending over 10 hours working on fixing the TV since last night - and thank goodness she's one hell of a GOOGLER. Even though I found this website last night with info about the fix, it took digging further to help find the correct calibration image to fix the issue.

HERE'S THE STORY:

I have a Samsung LCD LNT-4661F, built in early 2007. Last night, after reading about the checkerboard fix, I gave it a try - NO SUCCESS.

BUT, in the end, a different way of using the checkerboard DID work, so read on (if you've made the same mistake and still need help).

As it turns out, you have to have the checkerboard image the exact same resolution of your TV. Mine was 1920x1080. I used an 8 x 8 Black & White checkerboard image, using my PS3 (using the "VIEW PHOTO" feature).

When using the checkerboard image (or any other calibrating image), MAKE SURE THERE IS NO OTHER "INFO" ON THE SCREEN (such as the little menus that show "next" or "back" or other random information). The image MUST BE completely isolated, with nothing but the full-screen 8x8 B&W checkerboard, with a native resolution equal to your TV.

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NEED THE 1920x1080 8x8, I've linked to it from my PHOTOBUCKET account, because I know how frustrating and tough it was to find it!

DOWNLOAD THE 8X8 BLACK & WHITE 1920 x 1080 HERE:

B&W 1920x1080 Calibration Picture

Where I first went wrong (using the checkerboard fix) is that I wasn't using the proper image resolution (and I think it was also associated with two, very fine lines on the left and top of the image that showed on the screen, since I was using my wife's computer with HDMI output). Point is, it wasn't isolated and the resolution wasn't correct.

Once you have confirmed you have the correct image and it is loaded FULL SCREEN somehow (PS2 / PS3 / DVD / COMPUTER, any HDMI input), carefully re-run the CALIBRATION from the service screen. Don't touch any other settings in the service screen, just the HDMI calibration! Give the calibration about 1-2 minutes to run, and then turn the TV off for at least 60 seconds. The calibration that FIXED my TV only took about 30 seconds to run. PREVIOUSLY, when I tried calibrating using different images (THX image from a DVD), and the image with the incorrect resolution, it took 5 or more minutes. If it takes that long, it's likely not calibrating correctly.

Now, I still have an issue with the CONTRAST... When I change the contrast from the main menu up and down, each "value" (between 1-100) GREATLY increases or decreases the contrast. And it "cycles", as in, a setting of 98 looks normal, but if you set it down to 93, it is nearly BLACK. But, when I go down one more to 92 it is back to SUPER bright (too bright), and so-on. It does this over and over again, every 5 or 6 values, from 1-100.

This seems to be the only issue we still have after fixing it. I think it's about 99.9% of where it was before I got completely moronic and screwed with the SERVICE SCREEN...

So, let me say it again... I highly recommend that even the "TECH SAVVY" folks NEVER play with the SERVICE SCREEN unless you absolutely know what you're doing. In fact, unless you are so qualified, that you can actually modify the settings with your eyes closed, I'd say never screw with it. I mean, I consider myself incredibly tech savvy... I build computers, component by component, install and configure massive home audio surround sound systems, can disassemble and reassemble a car, just about everything; but the first and only thing I've run into that I could NOT wrap my mind around was this calibration issue!

Everyone else who's made this same mistake knows how sickening the feeling is, believing that you may have just trashed your $3,000 TV... Trust me - it's not worth playing around with; just don't mess with it!

On another note... Thanks to everyone for their help on these forums. I'd be crying myself to sleep every night had I not come across this forum, which helped me put the pieces together on how to fix it!

-Matt & Wife!
post #18 of 21 Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:

not working for Samsung ua40es6200
post #19 of 21 Old 08-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:

not working for Samsung ua40es6200

Have you tried the "Factory Reset" option in the service menu?

post #20 of 21 Old 01-02-2013, 01:43 AM

hello All.. seem no valuable response since last post..

Could UA40ES6200 model owners post service menu's ADC sections screenshots here, to try to save victims of AV calibration please ?

MANY THANKS !
post #21 of 21 Old 06-05-2013, 02:28 AM

Samsung UNES6150 user. i was only going to fix the sound for my hdmi/dvi connection to PC. until i read a post that i should open up the SM menu to enable the sound and i accidentally hit the AV calibration and didnt know what to do i unplugged the cord of my tv. Now my tv is messed up. I dont know if would able to watch a local cable channel from it. Ive tried a lot of checkerbox including the 4 box checkerboard nothing seems to work. I dont know if i need to use a different gadget to input the checkerboard. i tried using samsung DVD BD HT. also tried Sony blueray DVD. Please help me i dont know how will i fix it. And this tv was shipped from U.S. to me here in the philippines and i dont know if there are samsung tech service center here. If there are someone with same unit who already fixed this AV calibration Pls post your method and solution here or mail me itll be a great help thanks. jeffmaru@yahoo.com
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page