What are your ST50 settings? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 06-25-2012, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
MetalMX23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi,


I've just bought a Panasonic 50ST50 Plasma TV im in australia by the way so the settings for AU ST50's are different to settings for NA ST50's. Anyway i was wondering what settings people used and if
they could list they're settings.

Also it would be good for people from Australia who have an ST50 to post they're settings if they're are any people like that on this forum.

Also list what was the purpose of the settings you made e.g. for gaming, watching blu-rays etc...


I'm attempting some self calibration before buying a hardware/software kit.

One odd thing on this AU ST50 is you cannot turn the pixel orbiter OFF only ON or AUTO this is NOT good. The settings for the AU ST50's seem weak compared to what can be adjusted with a NA ST50 plasma.

MetalMX23 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 Old 06-25-2012, 09:45 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 110
'Sharing display menu settings?'
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906
GeorgeAB is offline  
post #3 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
MetalMX23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post

'Sharing display menu settings?'
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906


Yes i've read that but am interested in trying other people's settings , settings which they think look good etc and having different sets of settings then comparing to see what looks good for me.

MetalMX23 is offline  
post #4 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
GeorgeAB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 3,309
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMX23 View Post

Yes i've read that but am interested in trying other people's settings , settings which they think look good etc and having different sets of settings then comparing to see what looks good for me.
Here is the section of the forum for such activity: 'Plasma Flat Panel Displays' . If you cannot find fellow owners of your make and model, try starting your own discussion thread there to solicit participation. Swapping settings is not calibration. This is the 'Display Calibration' section of the forum. There is usually no shortage of plasma owners in the plasma discussion forum who think their TV looks great and enjoy telling others what their settings are. Trial and error can be a fruitful endeavor. After all, Thomas Edison only had to test over 6,000 different solutions before he discovered the right material for the first light bulb filament.
GeorgeAB is offline  
post #5 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
MetalMX23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia.
Posts: 153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeAB View Post

Here is the section of the forum for such activity: 'Plasma Flat Panel Displays' . If you cannot find fellow owners of your make and model, try starting your own discussion thread there to solicit participation. Swapping settings is not calibration. This is the 'Display Calibration' section of the forum. There is usually no shortage of plasma owners in the plasma discussion forum who think their TV looks great and enjoy telling others what their settings are. Trial and error can be a fruitful endeavor. After all, Thomas Edison only had to test over 6,000 different solutions before he discovered the right material for the first light bulb filament.


Appreciate the information thanks.

MetalMX23 is offline  
Reply Display Calibration

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off