Sony XBR-52HX909 service menu - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-06-2012, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been trying to calibrate my XBR-52HX909 and feel that It should be possible to get better results than I am getting. I've looked at the options in the service menu, but it does not appear there is anything available in it other than NTSC/PAL options and some other settings that are not terribly useful (for calibration). I didn't see anything that looked like I could change color settings. I was going to order the service manual before making any changes, but I don't think it's worth looking into as there don't appear to be any useful options. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Or are there other hidden menu options that I'm missing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 293
You'll be kicking yourself if you order the service manual. Sony, like some others, has been skimping out on service menu info in service manuals lately. Even several years ago when they actually had useful things in the service menus (which they for the most part don't any more), service manuals gave no explanations and very skimpy listings of available adjustments.

The HX909 (and 929) calibrate quite nicely with the advanced user menu controls. All the traditional measurements (gamma, gamut, grayscale) wouldn't benefit much from more advanced controls even if it did have them.

If you have any problem areas you would like more clarification on, let us know.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page