Looking at possibly buying a new meter - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 1 Old 07-07-2012, 02:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 147
EDIT: I seemed to find my answer about the meters here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1342422/x-rites-revolutionary-new-colorimeter/1080#post_21528740

Now I'm wondering how they compare when used with third party software like HCFR.

Sorry if these questions have been answered, but I tried searching and could not find any info on specific models and how they compare.

I purchased an i1 display LT as my first meter to learn on a year ago and I'm looking at possibly buying a new budget colorimeter but I am really confused with all the new models in the sub $300 price range.

I see a lot of people recommending the i1 Display 3 Pro but I can't seem to find it anywhere other than the chromapure website. Is this the same meter as the i1 Display Pro? I've also seen meters that are new to me at least from x-rite called the Colormunki. I realize there's different versions of Colormunki meters (colorimeters and spectrometers), but the one in particular that I'm interested in, is the Colormunki Display colorimeter. Is this the same meter as the i1 Display Pro, just with different bundled software?

If my assumptions above are right, how long do the Colormunki Display/i1 Display Pro generally last before they start to significantly drift? That's what concerns me about my i1 display LT being older. Basically I'm looking to buy a budget colorimeter that will last me 3-5 years (if that's possible).

edit: Another possible issue that just occurred to me is if a retail version of either meter will have any issues with third-party software? I read that x-rite has made their retail meters work only with their software. I plan on just using HCFR (the enhanced version, which is said to work with the colormunki and display pro).
Sponsored Links
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page