Originally Posted by ndaa75
OK, cheers for that - using HCFR and Calman 4.
For HCFR, profiling a colorimeter to the i1 Pro is a simple matter. I'll use the i1 D2(LT) as an example. The object is to create a correction color matrix which is to be used with the LT. It's explained, not too clearly, in the HCFR Help Menu/Advanced/XYZ Adjustment/Compute section.
1. Set up the calibration DVD to display the primary (red, green, blue) colors and white windows sequentially. The AVSHD disk has a submenu choice just for this.
2. Put both the LT and the Pro on the TV panel so the meter sensor holes are vertically in the center of the window and right next to one another.
3. Set up HCFR for the Pro meter and do a normal sensor black level calibration (Measures/Sensor/Calibrate...)
4. Run the primary colors and the white windows reading the data with HCFR set up for the Pro meter. Save the run as something like "pro meter calibration.chc"
5. Set up HCFR for the LT meter and do a normal sensor black level calibration (Measures/Sensor/Calibrate...)
6. Run the primary colors and the white windows reading the data with HCFR set up for the LT meter. Save the run as something like "LT meter calibration.chc"
7. Display the Pro results on your computer and check the "Reference measure" box in the upper right hand corner.
8. Display the LT results and click Advanced/XYZ coordinates adjustment matrix/Compute conversion matrix from reference document.
9. You will be asked if you want to apply a correction to your LT readings, Click yes.
10. Click Advanced/XYZ coordinates adjustment matrix/Manually edit XYZ conversion matrix...
11. A conversion matrix will be shown. Save it with a name like "LT calibration matrix 07-19-2012"
Now when you use HCFR, make sure that the correction matrix is loaded. If not, load it using the same steps as in item 10.