Noob Question - profiling i1 display pro against and i1 pro - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 03:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
HI all,

bit of a noob question here - i already have an i1 display pro which i want to profile off my brand new i1pro - question is how do i do this???

Cheers for any help.

Benq W1080ST Projector, Panasonic TXP55VT30 plasma, Yamaha RXA3020 AVR, Denon DVD-2500BT, Q Acoustics 1010i in 7.1, i1 Pro spectro, i1 Display Pro, Calman 5 Enthusiast, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Calibration Management Disc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 04:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 107
It depends on the software you are using.
What are you using, you will get more detailed help if we know.
ndaa75 likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

It depends on the software you are using.
What are you using, you will get more detailed help if we know.

OK, cheers for that - using HCFR and Calman 4.

Benq W1080ST Projector, Panasonic TXP55VT30 plasma, Yamaha RXA3020 AVR, Denon DVD-2500BT, Q Acoustics 1010i in 7.1, i1 Pro spectro, i1 Display Pro, Calman 5 Enthusiast, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

post #4 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

post #5 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by airscapes View Post

Did a quick search ..
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1274056/profiling-how-to/0_60

Cheers - i did google but couldnt find the answer - thanks very much!

post #6 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

With calman there is info on the spectracal site, you can call tech support or email them as well. Thing that is no obvious is you have to turn on pattern prompt (before you tell calman it to do the profile ) so it will let you change the pattern. Have your disk ready to provide Red Green Blue and White at 75% luminance. If you have specific questions after reading the posts and help files please ask.

As to searching, at the top of each forum main page is a "Search Forum" link, choose that to search the forum rather than use Google.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-18-2012, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75 View Post

OK, cheers for that - using HCFR and Calman 4.

For HCFR, profiling a colorimeter to the i1 Pro is a simple matter. I'll use the i1 D2(LT) as an example. The object is to create a correction color matrix which is to be used with the LT. It's explained, not too clearly, in the HCFR Help Menu/Advanced/XYZ Adjustment/Compute section.

1. Set up the calibration DVD to display the primary (red, green, blue) colors and white windows sequentially. The AVSHD disk has a submenu choice just for this.

2. Put both the LT and the Pro on the TV panel so the meter sensor holes are vertically in the center of the window and right next to one another.

3. Set up HCFR for the Pro meter and do a normal sensor black level calibration (Measures/Sensor/Calibrate...)

4. Run the primary colors and the white windows reading the data with HCFR set up for the Pro meter. Save the run as something like "pro meter calibration.chc"

5. Set up HCFR for the LT meter and do a normal sensor black level calibration (Measures/Sensor/Calibrate...)

6. Run the primary colors and the white windows reading the data with HCFR set up for the LT meter. Save the run as something like "LT meter calibration.chc"

7. Display the Pro results on your computer and check the "Reference measure" box in the upper right hand corner.

8. Display the LT results and click Advanced/XYZ coordinates adjustment matrix/Compute conversion matrix from reference document.

9. You will be asked if you want to apply a correction to your LT readings, Click yes.

10. Click Advanced/XYZ coordinates adjustment matrix/Manually edit XYZ conversion matrix...

11. A conversion matrix will be shown. Save it with a name like "LT calibration matrix 07-19-2012"

Now when you use HCFR, make sure that the correction matrix is loaded. If not, load it using the same steps as in item 10.

Larry
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page