Bought an open Box Samsung un55D7000, having problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-23-2012, 02:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
everyone in my family has terrible vision except me, so I am not sure if I am crazy or if the tv is really busted. It was an open box from sears and I am seeing some blurring going on. I've spent two days trying to get a hold of someone at Samsung who has any clue what a TV is, let alone how to help me on the one i have here.

Its a 55 inch led un55d7000 model with 240hz. During scenes of even slight movement, there is ghosting and lots of blur. I've fiddled with the settings and tested every thing I can think of with the motion settings, custom, off, no blur and judder, maxed out, half and half and every thing in between. HDtv looks really nice when the movie is the absolute best quality available, like Transformers 3 which was on an HD tv channel, it looked really slick but still had blur in fast scenes. As I said, I have nobody available to help me confirm what I am even seeing, it upsets me everyone I know wears glasses and can't see the bluring and pixleation I am seeing. I feel crazy but i am 100% sure there is some bluring that should not be there. I've read 78 pages worth of the owners thread and nobody was able to confirm the tv is just bad with bluring, or if its a settings problem.

My TV keeps telling me its on Demo when I press the information button and the LED/Conventional speed dial is never the same twice in a row with the same content, the settings rarely stay set, when I shut down and turn it back, or switch to another source, the previous settings go back to something goofy like 100 contrast and Standard picture, dark level goes back to default no matter what I do. Is this tv busted or is this just how it is? I cant believe a 3k TV has bluring issues like this if that is the way it really is.

The hz never says anything but 60hz. I know its for the source material, but I know some content to be 120hz and even 240 and it only ever saysmy res + 60hz in Info. Should I take this tv back?

Tags
Samsung Un55d7000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz 3d Led Hdtv Silver
Gear in this thread