Two questions: Whitebalance changes from day to day and OSD both tv and ps3 affect whitebalance. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-30-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Hey,

I have two questions.

The first is, my whitebalance seems to fluctuate on a day by day basis. Well, at least a 3 days by days basis. I calibrated my tv the 27th, and got a decent grayscale. Today white on the tv didn't seem quite right to me. Not even sure if I was right though, could be I was imagining things. However, when I took a grayscale reading red was up in every reading from 20% to 100% white. Is this normal? And if not, how do I determine if it is my tv or my equipment that goes wrong?

My second question, I've noticed that the on screen displays from both my tv itself and my ps3 affect the amount of red that is measured. It would seem that that answers question number one but I calibrated with this knowledge so it shouldn't . It is however, a huge annoyance because I have to wait for the "play" triangle to fade away before I do a reading. That is one thing, but I have to leave my tv's menu completely before a reading, and then navigate to the whitebalance or CMS again which is incredible annoying because if you add it up it adds a LOT of time. Is this normal and is there something I can do about it?

My tv and blurayplayer:

Ps3 with HDMI through an Onkyo tx nr 579 set to "direct" to a Samsung PS50A550 plasma.

I am using Chromapure where I use a display 3 corrected with an i1 pro 2.
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page