CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 109 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 412Likes

post #3241 of 3932 Old 05-06-2016, 03:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 2003
CalMAN 5.7.0 Open Beta 2 - Build: 2341 Released @ 07 May 2016

Release Notes

Added the new HDR10 Calibration workflow and Home HDR report to CalMAN. These are available to the Ultimate, Professional, Expert, Enthusiast, and Studio license levels.

The Home HDR report will also work with the Dolby Vision workflow, for those who do not have access to the Dolby Vision report.

Added Rec BT.2020 HDR Colorspace Target.

Added NETFLIX Computer Monitor and NETFLIX Video Monitor workflows and reports to the Business installer. These workflows and reports require an Ultimate license level.

Added a Teradek specific .cube option in the SpectraCal Cube Generator.

Added support for the AVTOPcontroller for the HDFury Integral 4K60 under sources. By inserting the HDFury Integral 4K60 between a standard pattern generator and display, it can be used to inject HDR10 (ST2086) metadata into the signal.

With the AVTOPcontroller software, CalMAN can change the metadata directly. Otherwise, the HDR10 InfoFrame HEX string data are available under the Source tab and it can be copied into the HDFury Integral 4K60’s Windows software UI manually.

A Quick Start Guide for the HDFury is in progress but not currently available.

Required license levels: Ultimate, Professional, Expert, Enthusiast, Studio, ColorMatch

Added support for both Geometry patterns on the Murideo SIX-G pattern generator in the Specialty Patterns list.

Added support for the Offhollywood OMOD as pattern generator and display. This is 3D LUT support only.

Changed the default data point setting for the Grayscale - Multi layout on the Quick Analysis workflow to 21 instead of 23.

Fixed error in the Visual Verification layout of the Monitor - Advanced workflow which would cause patterns to not display in the in layout pattern window.

CalMAN now properly displays "the report is unlicensed" when attempting to open an unlicensed report.

Headers are now included when copying data out of a datagrid.

Resolved an issue that would cause CalMAN to crash when connecting to the Murideo SIX-G on an incorrect COM port.

Resolved an issue that could cause the SpectraCal C6 meter report abnormal data for very close to black readings.

Cleaned up the Specialty Pattern list for the QuantumData 780 and 804 pattern generators. Also added support for the Inverted Checkerboard pattern. Both it and the Checkerboard pattern will require an updated firmware from QuantumData.

Download Links
galonzo and Manni01 like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3242 of 3932 Old 05-07-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3066 Post(s)
Liked: 2387
Downloaded, and will try tonight. Now if LG would throw in a 65" C6 to try it on! (Problem in Canada is, it usually takes a year before the new models show up here!)

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
post #3243 of 3932 Old 05-09-2016, 08:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 962 Post(s)
Liked: 986
I found the new beta works extremely well with the new oleds. Calibration took me less than an hour with accurate readings off my c6
jrref likes this.

post #3244 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 911
How would I go about making just a reference meter matrix using a Jeti 1211, for use with active meters like the D3 for the EF9500 LG OLED's.

I have had requests from DIY'ers that have meters like the D3/C6 and would like to input my reference meter matrix numbers I get from Calman. Then use there active color meter and Calman to complete the meter matrix profile for there EF9500.

ss

On a side note I tried the new Beta software, it seems that the 21 point grayscale quick analyses is more stable that with the latest non Beta software.
-Hitman- likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3245 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1680 Post(s)
Liked: 723
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
How would I go about making just a reference meter matrix using a Jeti 1211, for use with active meters like the D3 for the EF9500 LG OLED's.

I have had requests from DIY'ers that have meters like the D3/C6 and would like to input my reference meter matrix numbers I get from Calman. Then use there active color meter and Calman to complete the meter matrix profile for there EF9500.

ss

On a side note I tried the new Beta software, it seems that the 21 point grayscale quick analyses is more stable that with the latest non Beta software.
Wouldn't the problem with that be that to create a profile, you have to use the exact same screen? Once you use one screen for the Jeti and another for the i1d3, you're no longer "training" the i1d3 to read the same as the jeti since you're no longer using the same screen?

At best, you'd have to get their i1d3, do a profile in Calman and send them the profile file for them to drop into their Calman program. Don't know how you'd do it if they're using something other than Calman, though.

Getting back to the current beta, I did a cube calibration the other night and got some really good results. Only problem is when I ran the 1d grayscale, one of the measurement points was a bit off and I had to go in and manually fix it in the DDC panel. Otherwise, this is the best 3D cube calibration I've had so far. Don't feel the need to continually tweak it.
post #3246 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Wouldn't the problem with that be that to create a profile, you have to use the exact same screen? Once you use one screen for the Jeti and another for the i1d3, you're no longer "training" the i1d3 to read the same as the jeti since you're no longer using the same screen?

At best, you'd have to get their i1d3, do a profile in Calman and send them the profile file for them to drop into their Calman program. Don't know how you'd do it if they're using something other than Calman, though.

Getting back to the current beta, I did a cube calibration the other night and got some really good results. Only problem is when I ran the 1d grayscale, one of the measurement points was a bit off and I had to go in and manually fix it in the DDC panel. Otherwise, this is the best 3D cube calibration I've had so far. Don't feel the need to continually tweak it.
Yes the best way is to use the same screen. The second best is to get a reference meter WRGB readings and use then with your D3 to make the meter matrix profile.
Third best is use a generic meter profile for all OLED's that is incorporated in the calibration software.

Glad to hear you like the results from your 3DLUT.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3247 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Yes the best way is to use the same screen. The second best is to get a reference meter WRGB readings and use then with your D3 to make the meter matrix profile.
Third best is use a generic meter profile for all OLED's that is incorporated in the calibration software.

Glad to hear you like the results from your 3DLUT.

ss
SS....you can use my meter if needed to create a profile. My OLED would certainly appreciate it too
post #3248 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 08:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post
SS....you can use my meter if needed to create a profile. My OLED would certainly appreciate it too
Do you have the latest "Rev b" I1D3 (should be reported in Calman meter settings as - i1-B-02 AIO and date code 1507 ?

Last edited by -Hitman-; 05-10-2016 at 08:53 AM.
post #3249 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hitman- View Post
Do you have the latest "Rev b" I1D3?
No, sorry. I have a C6, i1d3 OEM and Retail
post #3250 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
No, sorry. I have a C6, i1d3 OEM and Retail
When did you purchase your I1d3's? the info I posted comes as OEM and Retail versions, I got my retail version around Nov/Dec 15.
post #3251 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you want stop by and pick up the Jeti 1211/tripod, make a profile with your D3/OLED and post it so others can use it also.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3252 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
If you want stop by and pick up the Jeti 1211/tripod, make a profile with your D3/OLED and post it so others can use it also.

ss
post #3253 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Don't forget that to build a meter profile off of a 1211, you have to have the pro/business version of Calman. Won't work with enthusiast license.
post #3254 of 3932 Old 05-10-2016, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 914
Quote:
Don't forget that to build a meter profile off of a 1211, you have to have the pro/business version of Calman. Won't work with enthusiast license.

But you can transfer that profile over to an enthusiast version of CalMAN by moving over the meter profile file for that specific meter.

The profile file is located in my documents/SpectraCal/CalMAN/profiles/

the file name is the meter serial number .ccfx

You can then take the file to a different CalMAN installation, and drop it in the folder. Replacing the existing one. Then when you plug in that same meter, you will have the profiles.
Manni01 likes this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Liaison at SpectraCal

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #3255 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 02:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi Jim.

There is an alternative way for any CalMAN Enthusiast (or lower license level) user to create a meter correction table with CalMAN if he has a rental JETI meter without having a pro/business license.

1) Open JETI LiVal software and measure WRGB patches, and select from LiVAL -> File _> Export in excel, to get the xyY very easy.

2) Open CalMAN read the same WRGB patches and note the xyY readings per patch also.

3) Locate CalMAN Folder in your Start Menu and run the Four Color Matrix Tool utility.

Using this CalMAN tool you can enter manually the Reference (JETI from LiVal) / Target (i1Display PRO from CalMAN) meter xyY and it's generating you the 3x3 XYZ matrix to enter these values manually from inside CalMAN later.

4) After getting the 3x3 XYZ matrix data, open CalMAN, click to create a new profile and name it as you like.

5) Double click to any XYZ tab and copy-paste the 3x3 XYZ numbers that Four Color Matrix tool generated.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
post #3256 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi Jim.

There is an alternative way for any CalMAN Enthusiast (or lower license level) user to create a meter correction table with CalMAN if he has a rental JETI meter without having a pro/business license.

2) Open CalMAN read the same WRGB patches and note the xyY readings per patch also.
Would using "quick analysis/Saturation sweeps" be as good a place as any to get the xyY measuements as you're able to also select the saturation level to use? I understand that some calibrators use 75/75 to profile their colorimeters.
post #3257 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 04:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Would using "quick analysis/Saturation sweeps" be as good a place as any to get the xyY measuements as you're able to also select the saturation level to use? I understand that some calibrators use 75/75 to profile their colorimeters.
You can use whatever workflow it's easier for you, since you have my disk you can use the Pre-Calibration Tools Workflow where I have added a datatable with xyY values for WRGB:

I don't know anyone which using 75/75 for meter profiling, I perform meter profiling with 100SAT with 100STIM or 75STIM, with the display at it's native gamut.

When you perform meter correction with 75/75 using your Klein software, do you get a successful verification report of the meter profiling in ChromaSurf?
-Hitman- and sillysally like this.

post #3258 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 04:37 AM

Quote:

When you perform meter correction with 75/75 using your Klein software, do you get a successful verification report of the meter profiling in ChromaSurf?
I do but I'm not sure that I'm not just tricking the software to verify it. I use my videoforge HDMI and Calman to setup the patterns.

Lately, I've just used the Klein's chromasurf built in patterns which are probably 100/100.

For whatever reasons, I'm getting really good results now. Not just low dEs, but visually good.
post #3259 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 05:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I do but I'm not sure that I'm not just tricking the software to verify it. I use my videoforge HDMI and Calman to setup the patterns.

Lately, I've just used the Klein's chromasurf built in patterns which are probably 100/100.

For whatever reasons, I'm getting really good results now. Not just low dEs, but visually good.
Klein verification is working as expected, don't worry about this.

If you choose from ChromaSurf the Manual pattern generation, then select the patches you want to display from CalMAN and measure them from Klein.

post #3260 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
But you can transfer that profile over to an enthusiast version of CalMAN by moving over the meter profile file for that specific meter.

The profile file is located in my documents/SpectraCal/CalMAN/profiles/

the file name is the meter serial number .ccfx

You can then take the file to a different CalMAN installation, and drop it in the folder. Replacing the existing one. Then when you plug in that same meter, you will have the profiles.
Yes but I think you still need a Jeta license, I only have a K10 license for Calman.
I wasn't thinking, in LightSpace and ArgyllCMS I can use both Jeta and K10.
However I always use Klein's Chromasurf to make and store my meter profile matrix.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3261 of 3932 Old 05-11-2016, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1022 Post(s)
Liked: 663
I don't know if this is the proper thread but I can't seem to get the Contrast and Brightness patterns to work with MobileForge on the Fire Stick with AutoCal......when I select the option to show pattern for contrast it just gives me a full white screen and Brightness just gives me a windowed 5% or so screen......is that how it is supposed to be? I guess I was expecting and actual numbered range to adjust to.
post #3262 of 3932 Old 05-13-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

When Calman makes a 3DLUT, is the gamma graded more toward absolute or relative??

Also I ran maximize/minimize meter read time for the K10-A. It gave me a read per patch of .50 sec., I added 0.15, the info on read time is about 1 second per read.

Using the patch read time of .65 per read, how can it only take 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete a maxed out time read of 6000 patches.?
9261 patches takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

Last edited by sillysally; 05-13-2016 at 10:05 AM.
post #3263 of 3932 Old 05-13-2016, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
When Calman makes a 3DLUT, is the gamma graded more toward absolute or relative??
I'm not sure what you're asking here, could you add more detail?

Quote:
Also I ran maximize/minimize meter read time for the K10-A. It gave me a read per patch of .50 sec., I added 0.15, the info on read time is about 1 second per read.
We already pad it by 0.1 sec, so you'll have a full 0.25 from what we verified. OTOH Plasmas seem to work better with closer to a full second of delay.

Quote:
Using the patch read time of .65 per read, how can it only take 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete a maxed out time read of 6000 patches.?
9261 patches takes about 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Those are all just estimates based on the information on hand at that time. We round our time estimates to the 15 minute mark so 6000 readings at estimated 1 sec per = 100 minutes, read time was probably actually 0.97 seconds which would work out to an 1.5hr estimate.

If 9261 patches takes 2.5hrs, that's an average read time of 1.02 seconds, so the two times are only off by 0.05 seconds per read. Using 1.02 seconds for the 6000 reads, you'd get a total time of 1hr 42 minutes.
post #3264 of 3932 Old 05-13-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardontwalk123 View Post
I don't know if this is the proper thread but I can't seem to get the Contrast and Brightness patterns to work with MobileForge on the Fire Stick with AutoCal......when I select the option to show pattern for contrast it just gives me a full white screen and Brightness just gives me a windowed 5% or so screen......is that how it is supposed to be? I guess I was expecting and actual numbered range to adjust to.
Yeah it's a 5% window on black background, should be visible but not too bright.

MobileForge can't do below black, so specialty patterns are limited. I'd recommend using a pattern disc for this step.
post #3265 of 3932 Old 05-13-2016, 11:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking here, could you add more detail?
" Interpreted relative, meaning the gamma value provided is used to set an actual response curve in light of the non-zero black of the actual display that has the same relative output at 50% input as the ideal gamma power curve, or absolute, which allows the actual power to be specified instead, meaning that after the actual displays non-zero black is accounted for, the response at 50% input will probably not match that of the ideal power curve with that gamma value "

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post
We already pad it by 0.1 sec, so you'll have a full 0.25 from what we verified. OTOH Plasmas seem to work better with closer to a full second of delay.
Yes that is what I used when calibrating a Plasma.
But I am now in 4K OLED mode.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3266 of 3932 Old 05-13-2016, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

ss
Hi SS,

Check repeatability also to see if it's ok or if it will need more samples.

post #3267 of 3932 Old 05-13-2016, 12:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
" Interpreted relative, meaning the gamma value provided is used to set an actual response curve in light of the non-zero black of the actual display that has the same relative output at 50% input as the ideal gamma power curve, or absolute, which allows the actual power to be specified instead, meaning that after the actual displays non-zero black is accounted for, the response at 50% input will probably not match that of the ideal power curve with that gamma value "
Most of the EOTFs in CalMAN can use a some form of black offset.

Our Power Formula uses a simple range offset (Lw - Lb)^y +Lb. So the only question then is what Lb is set to.

On the workflow advanced options tab you can either set it to use the measured value, or set it to a specific value. If you want no offest, use a specified value set to 0. This procedure would be the same for any EOTF.
sillysally likes this.
post #3268 of 3932 Old 05-14-2016, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi SS,

Check repeatability also to see if it's ok or if it will need more samples.
Hello Ted, the guru of calibration disc's.

At .65 delay setting the K10-A seems to be ok and is repeatable.

I like using the number of patches, not time controlled.
It also seems to me that when setting up the grayscale using manual controls, you should set the targeted Gamma the same as when you make a 3DLUT.
In the above respect it seems not to be like Lightspace or ArgyllCMS when making a 3DLUT.

ss
ConnecTEDDD likes this.

"Don't worry be happy"
post #3269 of 3932 Old 05-18-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDfury Integral 4K60 & AVTOPcontroller CalMAN Setup Guide: http://www.spectracal.com/Documents/...QuickStart.pdf
Manni01 likes this.

post #3270 of 3932 Old 05-18-2016, 07:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Calman Beta May 6th.
Lumagen Pro 4444, Beta April 16th
LD OLED 65EF9500.

Profile 9261 color patches, 21 point grayscale.
K10 set to .75 delay.

Just thought the boys at Calman may want to see how there Beta software is performing out in the field.
Checked visualy with the S&M disc along with Ted's disc.

See screen shots.

ss
WiFi-Spy and W3Rman like this.

"Don't worry be happy"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page