CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 114 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 194Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3391 of 3417 Old 10-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Newbie
 
HDaudioman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This might be a bit OT, but anyone have a clue where to get a schematic for a Sencore VP401???

TIA!!!
HDaudioman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3392 of 3417 Old 10-13-2016, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDaudioman View Post
This might be a bit OT, but anyone have a clue where to get a schematic for a Sencore VP401???

TIA!!!
Try there: http://www.sencore.com/procare-support

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #3393 of 3417 Old 10-14-2016, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1220
CalMAN 2016 5.7.1 Open Beta - Build: 2428 Released @ 15 October 2016

Release Notes

Resolved an issue with the BoxIO introduced with the previous beta where CalMAN was unable to upload LUTs into the device. (Ultimate, Studio)

Modified support for the BoxIO internal pattern generator. When a 1D LUT or a 3D LUT is written to a selected memory slot, the LUT is written to both the display output and the internal pattern generator output. The LUTs can now be separately enabled or disabled for the internal pattern generator output on the Source Settings tab, for flexibility when verifying the LUTs. (Ultimate, Studio)

Resolved issue with QD980 where a continuous read would bring up a black pattern regardless of what pattern was selected. (Ultimate, Professional, ISF, Studio)

Added support for the TopCon BM-7A Colorimeter (Ultimate, Professional, ISF, Expert, Studio, Studio Lite, ColorMatch)

Added support for the TopCon RS-3AR Spectro. (Ultimate, Professional, ISF, Studio, Studio Lite, ColorMatch)

Added support for the Jeti Spectraval 1501 meter. (Note - There is currently an issue in the meter's firmware which makes Bluetooth unstable after a disconnect. This does not affect the USB connection. (Ultimate, Studio, Studio Lite, Professional, Expert)

Added support for the built in pattern generator for the Atomos Shogun, Shogun Flame, Shogun Infernal, Ninja Flame, and Ninja Assassin models. (Ultimate, Studio)

Resolved an issue where CalMAN was not properly creating ICC Profiles for Client 3 when a gamma formula was used that used measured black instead of 0 for black. (Ultimate, Professional, ISF, Expert, Enthusiast, Studio, Studio Lite, RGB)

Download Links

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #3394 of 3417 Old 10-15-2016, 09:19 AM
Member
 
gr8sound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I know this is a "loaded" question but currently I calibrate my LG OLED with a C6 meter and Calman for home use. I'm not an expert but I can get a pretty noticeable improvement after I calibrate my set and i'm very happy with the Spectracal product.



The question I have is, if I go and spend the money and get an i1Pro2 to profile my C6, will I really be able to "see" the difference in the calibration? I know that Spectracal has profiles for different display types that download to the C6 which i'm sure helps and I know that "technically" if I profile my c6 that the end result will be precise but will it be noticeable to my eye?



All opinions appreciated since the i1 is pretty expensive.

Thanks,

John



Update: And i'm assuming that if I get an i1 now that a year from now if there are new meters for HDR, etc, that I can still use the i1 to profile it and not have to get yet another spectroradiometer?


My experience was that profiling the C6 to i1 pro made a huge difference with calibration results in Calman. But not so much to the eye. But I liked knowing that my plasma was calibrated to a very high level (DE << 3) which was not possible using Calman's canned profile apps. It really boils down to what level of a perfectionist you are.
jrref likes this.
gr8sound is offline  
post #3395 of 3417 Old 10-16-2016, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 8,073
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked: 1968
Noticed with # 2428, my mid range %ers, needed to be re-tweaked.
ICONS, lower right, have been changed.

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
p5browne is online now  
post #3396 of 3417 Old 10-16-2016, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1220
Does anyone know if Joel Barsotti, Head of Color Research and Development of SpectraCal, Inc. (Now part of Portrait Displays) has left from CalMAN development?

Because at his Facebook it says that from 10 Oct. 2016 he started working at Amazon Corporate as Software Development Engineer.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #3397 of 3417 Old 10-16-2016, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 8,073
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked: 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Does anyone know if Joel Barsotti, Head of Color Research and Development of SpectraCal, Inc. (Now part of Portrait Displays) has left from CalMAN development?

Because at his Facebook it says that from 10 Oct. 2016 he started working at Amazon Corporate as Software Development Engineer.
Apparently, bye to Spectracal, and hello to Amazon.

Or as they say, go where the money, and challenges are! Got to get those drones programmed properly to drop the parcel at the right address!
(Don't know if they've fixed the `shot out of the air by thieves' yet!)

https://twitter.com/obiwansotti

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
p5browne is online now  
post #3398 of 3417 Old 10-17-2016, 09:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
derekjsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 1,921
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Joel Barsotti has left Portrait/SpectraCal in order to pursue other career interests in a new field.  We wish him well and thank him for all his contributions.

Since Portrait and SpectraCal have joined forces in April of 2016, Portrait has made a significant commitment to the future of the SpectraCal’s operation and team. SpectraCal, will remain in Shoreline Washington, expanding resources and greater focus on developing the best in Class Calibration Software and solutions. The market for Calibration Software and Hardware in the coming years has more potential than ever with the rapid changes occurring in Broadcast, Production, Distribution and how consumers view this amazing content on state of the art displays. We intend to vigorously pursue and lead in providing robust and comprehensive products serving our most values customers. CalMAN will remain a pillar in our organization for years to come.
Rayjr and Kris Deering like this.

Derek

CTO Portrait Displays Inc.
derekjsmith is offline  
post #3399 of 3417 Old 10-17-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 8,073
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked: 1968
Also helps with the constant flux of video sets, and FW updates to same, one HAS to become a DIYer to keep up!
As AVS Members get fed up with the `not bad' appearances of using other Members, or reviewers settings, I think more and more are climbing onboard the Spectracal Calman express! Whoo whoo!

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
p5browne is online now  
post #3400 of 3417 Old 10-17-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 11,390
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2090 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekjsmith View Post
Joel Barsotti has left Portrait/SpectraCal in order to pursue other career interests in a new field.  We wish him well and thank him for all his contributions.

Since Portrait and SpectraCal have joined forces in April of 2016, Portrait has made a significant commitment to the future of the SpectraCal’s operation and team. SpectraCal, will remain in Shoreline Washington, expanding resources and greater focus on developing the best in Class Calibration Software and solutions. The market for Calibration Software and Hardware in the coming years has more potential than ever with the rapid changes occurring in Broadcast, Production, Distribution and how consumers view this amazing content on state of the art displays. We intend to vigorously pursue and lead in providing robust and comprehensive products serving our most values customers. CalMAN will remain a pillar in our organization for years to come.
Glad to hear it. Does that explain why the Spyder 5 meter is still not supported by CalMAN 2016? People in the forum have been asking for over a year and as far as I've researched (and asked in my own posts) Spectracal has been silent on the matter. Thanks.
lovingdvd is offline  
post #3401 of 3417 Old 10-17-2016, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,336
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
Glad to hear it. Does that explain why the Spyder 5 meter is still not supported by CalMAN 2016? People in the forum have been asking for over a year and as far as I've researched (and asked in my own posts) Spectracal has been silent on the matter. Thanks.

Maybe the Spyder series aren't accurate or repeatable enough. The two I had definitely didn't produce good results either with their software or anyone else's. The GMB/X-Rite meters (I1Pro, Pro 2, C5, I1D3) that I've owned and used have all been much better.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #3402 of 3417 Old 10-18-2016, 03:31 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Light Illusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,034
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 577
We have run extensive test on the Spyder probe, and were not at all impressed with them.
See our finding here: http://www.lightillusion.com/forums/...um=8&topic=199

Steve
chunon likes this.

Steve Shaw
LIGHT ILLUSION

Light Illusion is online now  
post #3403 of 3417 Old 10-19-2016, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 8,073
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2611 Post(s)
Liked: 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolls-Royce View Post
Maybe the Spyder series aren't accurate or repeatable enough. The two I had definitely didn't produce good results either with their software or anyone else's. The GMB/X-Rite meters (I1Pro, Pro 2, C5, I1D3) that I've owned and used have all been much better.
Bought a Spyder. Tried the Spyder, but didn't like the results, especially Red, and it's now clunking around in my bedroom somewhere, never to be used again!
Rolls-Royce likes this.

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
p5browne is online now  
post #3404 of 3417 Old 10-20-2016, 02:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Rolls-Royce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Victorville, CA
Posts: 2,336
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post
Bought a Spyder. Tried the Spyder, but didn't like the results, especially Red, and it's now clunking around in my bedroom somewhere, never to be used again!
Red was a problem for both my Spyders, too.

...Royce...

"I never drink...wine."
Bela Lugosi, DRACULA, 1931
Rolls-Royce is offline  
post #3405 of 3417 Old 10-20-2016, 03:15 AM
Member
 
MacFreibier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi,
to all of you owned (or still owning) a Spyder: Is the Gamma accuracy better compared to Gamut?
Can the Spyder be used for Gamma measurements or is it usually well off here as well?
MacFreibier is offline  
post #3406 of 3417 Old 10-20-2016, 07:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chad B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 2,519
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 1122
It's fine for gamma, and it's also serviceable as a profiled colorimeter. I use a Spyder 4 with the JVC autocal and then correct with a spectro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MacFreibier likes this.
Chad B is offline  
post #3407 of 3417 Old 10-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad B View Post
It's fine for gamma, and it's also serviceable as a profiled colorimeter. I use a Spyder 4 with the JVC autocal and then correct with a spectro.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, do you first get the Spyder "calibrated" against your spectro and then use it with JVC's autocal? Is that via CalMAN, or some other process?

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Various sources
sjschaff is offline  
post #3408 of 3417 Old 10-20-2016, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Chad B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Piqua, OH
Posts: 2,519
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 1122
No you do the autocal with the uncorrected Spyder then use a spectro or profiled colorimeter to create a custom color profile based on measurements. Then use the autocal software to import the profile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chad B is offline  
post #3409 of 3417 Old 10-26-2016, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 773
I wanted to know, if you didn't do a 2pt and went right to the 21 pt calibration, would the result be different than doing the 2 pt then the 21 pt? If not, then why spend time on the 2 pt.

John
LG 55OLEDE6P
55HU9000 / SEK-3500
Marantz 7009
Ohm Walsh Speakers
ISF Level II Certified
jrref is online now  
post #3410 of 3417 Old 10-27-2016, 06:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
cadett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houma, La.
Posts: 881
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I wanted to know, if you didn't do a 2pt and went right to the 21 pt calibration, would the result be different than doing the 2 pt then the 21 pt? If not, then why spend time on the 2 pt.
Doing a 2 point is global, in other words, it will bring all points closer to accurate as I believe it to be more linear than just doing the 21 point calibration. I'm sure someone who is more technical will give you an exact answer, but that's why I do a 2 point before the incremental grey point adjustments.
chunon likes this.
cadett is offline  
post #3411 of 3417 Old 10-27-2016, 07:15 AM
AVS Special Member
 
stash64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Packer country
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 68
There are some exceptions. If you have a Panasonic plasma (ie VT50), adjusting the low end on the 2pt will likely just mess up the calibration.

Sean
stash64 is offline  
post #3412 of 3417 Old 10-28-2016, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Is it possible to copy a layout in the Calman Advanced workflow and add it to the Enthusiast workflow in Calman Enthusiast?
If so, what would be the process?

Thanks in advance.
John

John
LG 55OLEDE6P
55HU9000 / SEK-3500
Marantz 7009
Ohm Walsh Speakers
ISF Level II Certified
jrref is online now  
post #3413 of 3417 Old 10-28-2016, 05:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1220
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Is it possible to copy a layout in the Calman Advanced workflow and add it to the Enthusiast workflow in Calman Enthusiast?
If so, what would be the process?

Thanks in advance.
John
Hi John,

1) Press Alt+D to enter to Design mode.

2) Open Workflow Panel (left side) and right click to the layout page you are interested......select 'Export Layout'....save it.

3) Open your other workflow, go to Design Mode and do the same as 2) but Import Layout page.

4) Press Alt+D to exit Design mode

5) Save the workflow: 'Save Worlflow Template'.
AVfile and chunon like this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

Last edited by ConnecTEDDD; 10-28-2016 at 05:52 PM.
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
post #3414 of 3417 Old 10-28-2016, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 773
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
Hi John,

1) Press Alt+D to enter to Design mode.

2) Open Workflow Panel (left side) and right click to the layout page you are interested......select 'Export Layout'....save it.

3) Open your other workflow, go to Design Mode and do the same as 2) but Import Layout page.

4) Press Alt+D to exit Design mode

5) Save the workflow: 'Save Worlflow Template'.
Thank you, it worked perfectly!

John
LG 55OLEDE6P
55HU9000 / SEK-3500
Marantz 7009
Ohm Walsh Speakers
ISF Level II Certified
jrref is online now  
post #3415 of 3417 Old 11-08-2016, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,551
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Liked: 773
When calibrating my LGE6 OLED in bright mode, i'm finding that when I start calibrating from 100% down to 5% and then go back to 100% to start another scan, that my readings at 100% are way off but then starts to return close to what I set it to after the 100% pattern is up for a little bit.

From experimentation, it looks like the panel is heating up when you calibrate the higher IREs and then cools down when calibrating the lower IREs so when you go from 5% back to 100% the panel is cooler and the readings are off at 100%.

I know that it's not the ABL because there is no change when I throw up the menu and I have that pattern insertion feature in Calman set to display a 20% window every 20 seconds. Also when I get everything close, if I quickly scan from 100% to 5% and then back to 100%, the readings are fine because the lower IRE's are not on long enough the panel to cool down.

I'm using an 18% window and trying not to leave the 100% pattern up too long. I have a bright room and have the OLED set to 100 and the Contrast set to 80.

How do you manage this effect when calibrating? Any ideas?

John
LG 55OLEDE6P
55HU9000 / SEK-3500
Marantz 7009
Ohm Walsh Speakers
ISF Level II Certified

Last edited by jrref; 11-09-2016 at 11:19 AM.
jrref is online now  
post #3416 of 3417 Old 11-10-2016, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
chunon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Wilmington Ohio
Posts: 7,733
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked: 1419
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
When calibrating my LGE6 OLED in bright mode, i'm finding that when I start calibrating from 100% down to 5% and then go back to 100% to start another scan, that my readings at 100% are way off but then starts to return close to what I set it to after the 100% pattern is up for a little bit.

From experimentation, it looks like the panel is heating up when you calibrate the higher IREs and then cools down when calibrating the lower IREs so when you go from 5% back to 100% the panel is cooler and the readings are off at 100%.

I know that it's not the ABL because there is no change when I throw up the menu and I have that pattern insertion feature in Calman set to display a 20% window every 20 seconds. Also when I get everything close, if I quickly scan from 100% to 5% and then back to 100%, the readings are fine because the lower IRE's are not on long enough the panel to cool down.

I'm using an 18% window and trying not to leave the 100% pattern up too long. I have a bright room and have the OLED set to 100 and the Contrast set to 80.

How do you manage this effect when calibrating? Any ideas?
How about adjusting in sweeps rather than calibrating each pattern and moving on to the next. run the full.sweep make adjustments then run again . Had to do this with plasma because of IR. Also you could try non contact mode.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
WiFi-Spy, ConnecTEDDD and jrref like this.

65C6 OLED
55EG9100
Time Warner Cable/Oppo 103d/ Sony XT1 Soundbase/Harmony 650
Calman Enthusiast/Chromapure Standard with Auto Cal
My JS9500 Calibration review(CHADB)http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lc...l#post36534866
chunon is online now  
post #3417 of 3417 Old Today, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ConnecTEDDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,898
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1220
CalMAN 2016 5.7.1 Open Beta - Build: 2437 Released @ 01 December 2016

Release Notes

Added HDR AutoCal support on the Pnansonic DX8xx and DX9xx series displays. This is Grayscale and CMS only.

Resolved an issue where CalMAN was unable to connect to EIZO displays.

Added a new drop down in the DDC controls for the Lumagen Radiance called 709 CMS Mode. This allows the user to set how the Radiance applies the LUT be it Linear or Source (perceptual space). Linear is the default and this is how the Radiance has always worked prior to this new change.

Fixed the AutoCal button on the Color Management System (SMS) Adjust layout on the HDR10 workflow.

Resolved an issue with the ANSI Checkerboard and ANSI Checkerboard Inverted patterns on the Quantum Data 804 series pattern generators.

We renamed some of the entries in the Meter Mode (Target Display Type) drop down for the SpectraCal C6 meter to hopefully cause less confusion.

Download Links

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
ConnecTEDDD is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Display Calibration



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off