CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 123 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 321Likes

Old 05-05-2017, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 381 Post(s)
Liked: 720
CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion

Quick update. It's looking like late next week we will release the first public beta of CalMAN 2017 with the meter profiling fix, Samsung QLED autoCAL, and Color Volume analysis workflow. (And a bunch of other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head).

We also have a ton of new stuff in the pipeline, I think everyone will be excited with what we have coming this year.
RichB, Mark_H, JimP and 4 others like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Liaison at SpectraCal

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2017, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Quick update. It's looking like late next week we will release the first public beta of CalMAN 2017 with the meter profiling fix, Samsung QLED autoCAL, and Color Volume analysis workflow. (And a bunch of other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head).

We also have a ton of new stuff in the pipeline, I think everyone will be excited with what we have coming this year.
Cool.
Any word on working with Vizio on autocal for the 2016/17 displays?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

=======================================

My P65-C1 Beta Calibration Settings (3.0.13.5)
Old 05-05-2017, 05:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skschatzman View Post
Cool.
Any word on working with Vizio on autocal for the 2016/17 displays?

shoman94 likes this.

Old 05-05-2017, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Worth a shot lol

=======================================

My P65-C1 Beta Calibration Settings (3.0.13.5)
Old 05-07-2017, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 1931 Post(s)
Liked: 1543
Mobile forge is still broken for Android 7.x.
Come on boys, no app update since 2015!

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My P75-C1 Calibration Settings (3.0.14.0).
My P75-C1 BETA Calibration Settings (3.2.8.3).
Vizio P75-C1 (fw-3.2.8.3), Pioneer Kuro 5020, Pioneer VSX-1131, XBox One, Wii
NVIDIA SHIELD.v1, Antennas Direct DB4e w/Dipole OTA antenna and 2x HDHR Connects, QNAP 431+
Old 05-11-2017, 07:56 AM
CIH USER

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2284 Post(s)
Liked: 1370
Hi all
My JVC Lamp is about to hit the 2000hr mark is that the best time to replace it with a new one or is it worth calibrating at those hours ? When do most change there lamps? I was told with the new one wait when it hits 100 hours before calibrating.

Thanks

Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Old 05-11-2017, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:

Tyler,

Looking forward to the new stuff.

I have been using mobile forge with an Amazon standard fire TV stick for a while to calibrate my TV and generate 3D LUT with CALMAN.
Now however, this unit is becoming flaky, and needs to be replaced.
Will the 4K Amazon fire TV stick work?

Is there a different source method that you would now recommend?

I now have a new Sony OLED TV, which is fantastic, but I'm wondering if there is any straightforward way to generate patterns for calibration or LUT for SDR / HDR.
The Sony TV has android 7, would be great if mobile Forge could be installed on it directly…
I have the Masciola HDR USB test files which work well but are manual.

Thanks,
E

Theater: Sony A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD, Oppo-205, Anthem AVM60, B & W CM 7, CM 1 surround speakers, by SB13 Ultra, Rotel RMB 1555, Parasound Halo amps, EEcolor lut box. Calman Enthusiast 2016, MobileForge, I1D3 Meter.

Stereo: Aurender N100H, Auralic Vega, Focal Chorus 836 W, BAT VK-3ix, Pass XA 30.5, PPP.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:57 PM

Tyler,

Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a number based LUT calibration, it will fail due to a read error and then crash out.
Instead, it would be so much better if you would ask me if I would like to retry Insted of crashing. Give me a chance to fix the problem without losing all of my work. Alternatively, one could have the option to simply calculate based on the reads that have already been done .

Thanks, E
Chad B and chunon like this.

Theater: Sony A1E OLED 4K Ultra HD, Oppo-205, Anthem AVM60, B & W CM 7, CM 1 surround speakers, by SB13 Ultra, Rotel RMB 1555, Parasound Halo amps, EEcolor lut box. Calman Enthusiast 2016, MobileForge, I1D3 Meter.

Stereo: Aurender N100H, Auralic Vega, Focal Chorus 836 W, BAT VK-3ix, Pass XA 30.5, PPP.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1514 Post(s)
Liked: 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by eganz1 View Post
Tyler,

....snip....Alternatively, one could have the option to simply calculate based on the reads that have already been done .

Thanks, E
Probably be better to figure out what's causing the crashes and fixing it.

But while we have our thinking caps on, I can see what you're saying but it'd only work if you had a distribution of measurements that would cover the cube and not all at one end or another. Do we have some idea how they're distributed during the measurement process?

Klein K-10A, CR250, i1D3, i1Pro2, Calman Enthusiast, LG 65B6P, Panasonic 65VT50, and a great wife that puts up with all this.:)
Old 05-11-2017, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Probably be better to figure out what's causing the crashes and fixing it.

But while we have our thinking caps on, I can see what you're saying but it'd only work if you had a distribution of measurements that would cover the cube and not all at one end or another. Do we have some idea how they're distributed during the measurement process?
Well today, the process was 90% finished when it crashed and it would've been useful to just go ahead and calculate...if possible.

E

Old 05-11-2017, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Well today, the process was 90% finished when it crashed and it would've been useful to just go ahead and calculate...if possible.

E
Does it crash if you run fewer measurements?
Old 05-11-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
Does it crash if you run fewer measurements?
I think it was a slightly loose USB cable that got jostled.
But it's not uncommon for one thing or another to go wrong during runs of hours.

E

Old 05-12-2017, 05:10 AM

Quote:

Tyler,

Regarding mobileforge, I wonder if this project can be restarted.

One option would be to charge a modest fee.
For example there could be a free version and then you pay for LUT or advanced test patterns.

Another interesting direction would be to collaborate with Masciola, Who has already developed a series of HDR test patterns .

Maybe other creative solutions exist.

E

Old 05-12-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Tyler,

Regarding mobileforge, I wonder if this project can be restarted.

One option would be to charge a modest fee.
For example there could be a free version and then you pay for LUT or advanced test patterns.

Another interesting direction would be to collaborate with Masciola, Who has already developed a series of HDR test patterns .

Maybe other creative solutions exist.

E
E....you might want to verify whether or not your display handles RGB differently than YCbCr. My previous display (Samsung F8500 plasma) would display them differently enough where my OCD went a little wonky. Problem was my mobile forge device output RGB yet all my sources (satellite, Tivo, etc.) were all YCbCr. So calibrating using RGB output on that display would not be reference accurate. Not sure how my new LG B6 would do.

Hmmmm. I have a VideoForge HDMI that has an input where you can use a thumb drive loaded with other patterns. Just now thought about copying Masciola's patterns to that thumb drive but don't know if the VideoForge HDMI would output it correctly. Thoughts Tyler?

Klein K-10A, CR250, i1D3, i1Pro2, Calman Enthusiast, LG 65B6P, Panasonic 65VT50, and a great wife that puts up with all this.:)
Old 05-12-2017, 02:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:

Hi! Looking forward to the new stuff! Say I sent a message as well,but any sign of the meter profiling fix? I am heading out of town to calibrate a Lumagen with Sony 5000ES projector and would love to have the latest update. Thanks!
Old 05-13-2017, 11:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello to the group. I am a newbie to the group. I have just gone through my first calibrations of my OLED55B6P with Calman Control and my X-Rite Display 3 PRO Colorimeter.
I calibrated both ISF expert light and ISF expert dark settings. I have the reports and wondered if someone could tell me, ballpark, if they look alright. Thanks in advance.

For light room I have
OLED 45
Contrast 79
brightness 49
v. sharpness 0
h. sharpness 0
color 50
tint 0

expert controls all off
color gamut normal
2pt.
high
warm 2
gama 2.2

picture options all off
black level low

For dark room I have
OLED 28
Contrast 78
brightness 49
v. sharpness 0
h. sharpness 0
color 50
tint 0

expert controls all off
color gamut normal
2pt.
high
warm 2
gama 2.4

picture options all off
black level low
Attached Files
File Type: pdf light.pdf (914.4 KB, 30 views)
File Type: pdf dark.pdf (914.5 KB, 22 views)
Old 05-14-2017, 09:52 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I just got a brand new 2017 Samsung QN55Q7F QLED TV. I currently have CalMan Control for Home (v. 5.7.2.61) and an X-Rite i1 Display Pro. Is this colorimeter good enough to handle the upcoming AutoCal calibrations designed for Samsung 2017 QLEDs? Also, is there an upgrade path for AutoCal, or will this be sold as a separate license?

Thank you!
Old 05-15-2017, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 174 Post(s)
Quoted: 2933 Post(s)
Liked: 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coniption View Post
Sorry if this has been addressed previously, but I just got a brand new 2017 Samsung QN55Q7F QLED TV. I currently have CalMan Control for Home (v. 5.7.2.61) and an X-Rite i1 Display Pro. Is this colorimeter good enough to handle the upcoming AutoCal calibrations designed for Samsung 2017 QLEDs? Also, is there an upgrade path for AutoCal, or will this be sold as a separate license?

Thank you!
Meters, of which there only a few, must be able to handle the higher NIT levels. Check your Meter's specs. You may find it's less than adequate.

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
Old 05-18-2017, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Sorry for the delay guys, our new target date for CalMAN 2017 Beta 1 is next Wednesday May 24th.
RichB, Mark_H, JimP and 3 others like this.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:45 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hello.

I just profiled my spec cal C6 meter with a brand new oem i1pro2 meter,not sure if my values is god enough (no warnings though) was using multi pass and the screen+meters was warmed up +1hour,seems the C6 drops blue to higher ire`s with the profile in use,if i use it with no profile it is a straight line ,multi pass is the recommended profiling but we all know how "alive" the oled screens are as they jump up/down in luminance so the screen will not be the same when you change positions of the meters,with that in mind is multipass the way to go for oled profiling?

So all in all how do you think my first time profiling go,is it ok to use?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Oled B6 Profiling.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	211.0 KB
ID:	2148642   Click image for larger version

Name:	B6 profiled C6 meter.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	2148650  
Old Yesterday, 09:34 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 997 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by T( )( )L View Post
Hello.

I just profiled my spec cal C6 meter with a brand new oem i1pro2 meter,not sure if my values is god enough (no warnings though) was using multi pass and the screen+meters was warmed up +1hour,seems the C6 drops blue to higher ire`s with the profile in use,if i use it with no profile it is a straight line ,multi pass is the recommended profiling but we all know how "alive" the oled screens are as they jump up/down in luminance so the screen will not be the same when you change positions of the meters,with that in mind is multipass the way to go for oled profiling?

So all in all how do you think my first time profiling go,is it ok to use?

You might want to wait a few days. Calman is issuing a beta with a fix to profiling. I am not sure if it will make a difference in your specific case.

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 | Sonica DAC | BDP-105D | HA-1 | PM-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG B6 | Lumagen 2020
Old Today, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coniption View Post

Thank you!
You may want to check out this post from the Samsung QLED TVs First to Offer "CalMAN Ready" HDR Autocalibration thread

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-hi...=#post53068882

UN48JS8500 UN55HU6950 w/SEK-3500U UN40HU6950 w/SEK-3500U UBD-K8500 UN37C5000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement