CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 128 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 360Likes

post #3811 of 3816 Old 06-22-2017, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsform1 View Post
Thanks Ted!

So with the 2016 OLEDs what can be calibrated in terms of HDR (BT 2020, HD10). Using Calman for SDR should REC709 be used or BT2020 be used? I've been out of the loop for awhile and still trying wrap my head around HDR calibration and I've had a C6 for about 6 month. I want find out how to best calibrate it so that that my Oppo 205 can send a the HDR signal and the CG can process the signal the best that it can. That suck that you can't calibrate the CMS, it's the main reason for having an HDR set. Its like the early days again when CMS didn't work on the 1st gen LCD, Plasma and PJs.

Keep your eye on the greyramp during cal in hdr,very easy to get it miscolored
eganz1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3812 of 3816 Old 06-22-2017, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 177 Post(s)
Quoted: 2990 Post(s)
Liked: 2300
Keep upper grayscale patterns to a minimum to prevent heating up the panel, thereby throwing off your calibration settings. Better to do a sweep, adjust, then sweep again. This holds down the heating issues.

UN65HU9000 with SEK-3500U - Mine
UN75JU7100 / UN55HU7250 with SEK-3500U / UN32EH5300 / 2 X LG 55LHXs - wife's ! New addition UN40J5200AF
PN64F8500 up for sale
post #3813 of 3816 Old 06-23-2017, 01:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1422 Post(s)
Liked: 1929
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
It will be in 2017 final release
I see that CalMAN Basic and CalMAN Control has been removed as license levels from SpectraCAL site, so for HT only Enthusiast has remain. What will happen with CalMAN 2016 users with Basic/Control license levels who want to re-new for All-Access for CalMAN 2017? ...they have to upgrade to Enthusiast?

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5

post #3814 of 3816 Old 06-23-2017, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hi Ted. I currently have Calman Control, just purchased in May. I also noticed that Control is no longer listed on the Spectra Cal website. When I messaged support, they said this:

"Yes, your license and program is up to date. However, we will not be selling any more CalMAN Control licenses in the future.

In the next few weeks you will get an email from SpectraCal outlining your All Access options for the future. I believe that you will be pleased with the options."

I then directly asked if it would just be wiser to upgrade to Enthusiast:

"I think you should wait to decide until you hear from us about future licensing options."

So, hopefully that means there'll be a reasonably discounted All-Access renewal cost and/or the Enthusiast features will be added to my license. FIngers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnecTEDDD View Post
I see that CalMAN Basic and CalMAN Control has been removed as license levels from SpectraCAL site, so for HT only Enthusiast has remain. What will happen with CalMAN 2016 users with Basic/Control license levels who want to re-new for All-Access for CalMAN 2017? ...they have to upgrade to Enthusiast?
WiFi-Spy and shoman94 like this.
post #3815 of 3816 Old Today, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 737
CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion

CalMAN 2017 Beta 3 (version 5.8.1.26) is available for download.

Business - http://files.spectracal.com/download...N_Business.exe
Home Theater - http://files.spectracal.com/download...alMAN_Home.exe
Studio - http://files.spectracal.com/download...MAN_Studio.exe

CalMAN 2017 requires updated maintenance as of June 2016.

Important: There is a known issue where the All Access\Maintenance installer check during an upgrade is incorrectly identified as being valid. In this situation the installer will say the license is valid for the upgrade, but ultimately the build will fail to license.

If you continue with the installation and find yourself in a situation where you cannot license, go into Licensing, click the Deactivate button, uninstall beta 3 and roll back to a previous version.

As mentioned above, Maintenance will need to have been purchased June 2016 or later in order for your license key to be good with CalMAN 2017.

Additional license manager/machine ID fixes. There have been a few licensing manager fixes applied in the 2017 Beta releases. For users limited to CalMAN 2016 R2 release and do not not have a the ability to update to 2017, the License Manager fixes are planned to be provided in a CalMAN 2016 R3 patch release.

In prep for the CalMAN 2017 release, This installer will deactivate CalMAN. CalMAN will need to be reactivated upon first launch. A few weeks ago, everyone's accounts were set to 10 deactivations.

CalMAN now supports HDR10 and HLG calibrations on the Panasonic 2017 EZxxx Series displays. Pattern insertion is recommended for HDR calibration (5 second interval, 5 sec duration, 0% level) this prevents the panel from overheating during sustained Bright patches.

Added support for the new Dolby Vision Custom workflow.
Licenses: Ultimate, Professional, Expert, Studio, Enthusiast

The new Dolby Vision Custom calibration workflow/process for displays that support a custom Dolby Vision Configuration File is now enabled in CalMAN. Currently the only TV to support this is the 2017 LG OLED.
The process requires a pattern generator that supports Dolby Vision metadata.

CalMAN uses a new type of Dolby Vision metadata to put the color volume mapping engine into bypass mode. CalMAN then calibrates the display and generates a new Dolby Vision configuration file that is loaded into the supported TV via USB stick.

Resolved an issue with the Radiance Pro where the wrong LUT could get assigned to the pattern generator.

Resolved an issue on the Panasonic 2017 EZxxx Series displays where the Color temperature DDC control would stay at Warm2 when selected.

Resolved an issue where CalMAN would display an inaccurate error message which attempting to connect to the Murideo 6G.

Resolved an issue with LUT file formatting for OSEE displays.
gadgtfreek and BertL like this.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Liaison at SpectraCal

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
post #3816 of 3816 Old Today, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 737
We will be releasing tutorial videos soon for the new Dolby vision calibration process, Samsung QLED AutoCAL, as well as the Panasonic OLED HDR autoCAL process.

Tyler Pruitt - Technical Liaison at SpectraCal

10 Bit Gradient Test Patterns (HEVC) - Free Download
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration