CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 132 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 412Likes

post #3931 of 3932 Old 08-04-2017, 05:04 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
It was only for the one update that required you to deactivate it before upgrading I thought. I've updated 3 times since the major version without deactivating and all I needed to do was activate it again.
My understanding is this fall the license would stay intact when upgrading without the need to reactivate after updating.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Yes, me too. No issues through multiple betas and now formal releases. What is happening though is the current implementation does keep track of both activations AND deactivations, so in my case I have 6 deactivations left until I'll have to contact tech support to have that reset. Hopefully the redesign in the fall release will make things even smoother.

Bert
Denon AVR-X4300H | Sony XBR-55A1E OLED | Def Tech 7.2: Mythos 2 *2, Mythos 3, DI 6.5R *4, SC4000 *2 | OPPO UDP-203 | Apple TV 4th Gen | Nvidia Shield TV (16GB 2017) | DirecTV (1080) HR44 & C51 | Panamax M5300-PM | AC Infinity T8 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Monoprice 6' Cert Prem Hi Speed & BJC 25' Series-1 Cert Hi Speed HDMI Cables
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3932 of 3932 Old 08-07-2017, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFi-Spy View Post
Here is a video showing how to create a custom white point in CalMAN:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_...ew?usp=sharing

the video shows some other things but it should be straight forward once you are in the custom color space editor.
I'm a little confused as to the logic if what someone is trying to do is create a custom white point using your's or Dwayne's alternate white points. The video seems to be aimed at trying to match multiple displays/projectors by reading and recording the behavior of one so that you can match the others to it.

I wrote the following procedure to explain how I'm setting up alternate white points within Calman and would like to know if it should work using this procedure. It seems to work but that's not to say that out of some dumb luck it does but can't be counted on working every time.

1) Select gear icon in upper right.
2) From the dropdown menu, select which color space you wish to copy and then select "New/Edit"
3) Next window, select "Advanced"
4) Select "Copy Colorspace". in this example, I copied D65, HD BT.709.
5) In "colorspace name" enter your description. In this example, I entered Tyler's 2017 LG OLED white point.
6) Leave "reference white to "Custom"
7) On the line that starts with "white" enter the "x" and "y" values that you wish to use for the new white point.
8) Exit this window by selecting "close"

1) to use this white point, under "gear" icon, "workflow basic options", "target Options, "colorspace target", select the new white point from the drop down menu.

My second question is what do we do about metameric failure when it comes to color coordinates? Do we have to have a perceptual match similar to what was done with white or is there a way to do it mathematically? Seems that the major part of the shift in LG OLEDs white point is we perceive it as having less blue. Shouldn't at the least Blue and colors affected by blue (magenta, cyan, yellow) also have alternate targets?

Klein K-10A, CR250, i1D3, i1Pro2, Calman Enthusiast, LG 65B6P, Panasonic 65VT50, and a great wife that puts up with all this.:)

Last edited by JimP; 08-07-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page