9Likes

post #631 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 12:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey Dano!

I'm not sure what patterns you're talking about? Are they on the AVSHD disc? Right now I'm sourcing patterns just from that disc. However, I am building my own patterns, and once I figure out how to get them converted accurately to video I'll be adding them to the disc.Rather than cluttering up this thread, go ahead and post up on the EasyCal thread. (In my sig is a link.) If the patterns you need are in AVSHD, I can add them pretty quickly, If I need to build them, it'll probably be after the holidays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Where is the full list of differences between CalMAN 5 Tutorial and CalMAN 5 Basic? I noticed this fourth version of CalMAN 5 came out recently and am curious.
post #633 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post

Where is the full list of differences between CalMAN 5 Tutorial and CalMAN 5 Basic? I noticed this fourth version of CalMAN 5 came out recently and am curious.

CalMAN Tutorial is a feature limited version of CalMAN Basic:
- only has support for the C3, D3 OEM and C6 meters
- only has access to the Tutorial Basic and Turtorial Advanced workflows
- does not support reports
- is not sold on it's own but bundled with the sale of a meter

The Tutorial workflows allow for a full calibration including multipoint gamma/grayscale and cms. But have a lot more hand holding than our HT or SI workflows.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
post #634 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I was wondering if there's an "Official" way to back up ICC profiles created by Calman with the PC Client. I read a tutorial explaining to go to “C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color” and copy the individual ICC files to a back up location.
post #635 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

I was wondering if there's an "Official" way to back up ICC profiles created by Calman with the PC Client. I read a tutorial explaining to go to “C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color” and copy the individual ICC files to a back up location.

Simply grabbing the ICC isn't a full backup since we also have a LUT for the graphics card that we load.
We have a full database of settings you could back up and restore here:
C:\ProgramData\SpectraCal\CalPC Client\Data\MonitorsDB.1.1.sdf

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #636 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, Sotti.

I was also wondering, I noticed in that windows subfolder that I have generated calibrations for my TV, Panasonic TV 01, and for my receiver, Yamaha RX-V667. My PC goes to my receiver which goes to the TV, and it seems typically the software creates profiles to the TV, not the receiver. Is there a reason why I would be profiling for one device and not the other? Something with HDMI CEC I suppose.
post #637 of 2511 Old 12-16-2012, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Something with HDMI CEC I suppose.

Yes that is pretty much it. EDID is the actual bit of technology that provides the naming, and closest HDMI device can choose to pass along the EDID or replace parts of it.
BOTBOTCHAI. likes this.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #638 of 2511 Old 12-20-2012, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Calman has just released 5.0.4 Build 993.

imo this is a welcome update for those of you using a Radiance and a ST/GT/VT50 or a C3/C6 meter.

Give it a try, I think you will be pleased.

ss

Added chats from calibration with 504

Below is an example of setting your peak white point first for Gamma and RGB balance,. I always set 100% white and 30%.
Target gamma was set at 2.2, this is a 21 point grayscale. After the LUT cube runs (125 point) if setup right the Gamma and RGB balance usually will improve a little bit..

post #639 of 2511 Old 12-21-2012, 03:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I just activated my CalMAN 5 Tutorial yesterday, today my C3 colorimeter bundle should be delivered. Looking forward to using it!

Panasonic 60GT30
Onkyo NR838
Oppo BDP-103
Definitive Technology BP-8060ST CS-8060HD SR-8040BP ProMonitor 800 (front heights)
SVS 2x PC12-NSD
Dolby Atmos 5.2.2
post #640 of 2511 Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Calman has just released 5.0.4 Build 993.
imo this is a welcome update for those of you using a Radiance and a ST/GT/VT50 or a C3/C6 meter.
Give it a try, I think you will be pleased.
ss

CalMAN 5.04 is available from our download pages:

CalMAN 5 for Business
CalMAN 5 for Home

Official Release: Build 993, Released Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fixed or Added:
•Fixed issue where we were not properly switching between CMS settings on the Radiance
•Fixed issue so that the same meter cannot be profiled against itself when set to Single Pass
•Fixed issue where Spyder 2 was unable to perform a dark cal
•Fixed issue where Luminance chart would not disable breakout when set to Gamut Luminance
•Fixed issue where disabled tool tips on buttons would not save properly
•Fixed issue where screen offset wasn't working
•Fixed issue where CalMAN would crash when switching between PC and Video levels in specific situations
•Fixed issue with the 3D ColorCube (Studio) report so it is reporting data 4
•Made some tweaks for AutoCal at 100% to improve performance
•Added new pulse sync mode for the D3 and C6 meters. This is enabled when sync mode on the meter is set to On. This should improve performance on Plasma displays
•Added 16 point grayscale for the Panasonic BT300 (requires latest firmware)
•Added support for ISF Day and ISF Night modes for the DVDO Duo (requires latest firmware)

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
post #641 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 02:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Hi Derek,

Thanks for the Duo support which now lists the ISF options.

Apart from Meter Profiling issues which have now been resolved for me (thank you again), the previous RC was excellent and frankly I did not get any of the 'fixed' symptoms you list in your post..

Thanks again for 'listening' to the less than capable calibrator like myself who certainly needs all the support we can get.
post #642 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Is there any chance that a future release of Calman 5 can retain all of the settings I set? For instance, If I select a Gamma target of 2.3, Brightness target of 100% and AVS 709 in Saturation sweeps, it all resets to default any time I do anything. Very annoying. i.e. If I switch from CMS to grayscale or saturation sweeps, those settings return to default. If I go to saturations, bang, default values. Change workflows? Default values. Very, very annoying. Especially since it's a PITA to change the luminance target. Not a big deal if I only have to do it once, but since I have to do it constantly during a session, really, really annoying.

Also, it would be nice if it was easier to change "Prompt For Pattern Change" under calibration disc. I know it doesn't matter to the "AutoCal" guys, but for the disc guys its a PITA. Let's say I run a series, and then I want to adjust one of those values. I click on "Continuous Measures", Oops I forgot to go into settings and un-check "Prompt for Pattern change" (Or whatever the exact wording is.) Its a PITA to have to go back and forth to settings. Really, "Continuous Measures" should only prompt for the correct pattern once anyway. Think about it, if you're doing continuous measures of one value, you won't be changing the pattern. Prompt once, if checked, and then just measure. Also, why have the prompt at all for single measure? If you're going to do a single measure, you probably know to put the pattern up first? The only place it makes sense to have Pattern Prompts is when you're running a series of measurements. Then, it's absolutely necessary for the disc guys. There's really no need for a prompt with single or continuous measurements, it just makes things more cumbersome then.

Thanks!
post #643 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
^^^^^What version of calman 5 do you have? I have the enthusiast flavor and i am able to save all my settings you are describing with no problems. Open up a workflow and make all the changes you want to make. Then go into the Calman 5 dropdown menu and select the 'save workflow template'. You can rename the workflow or reuse the default name. You can even go into application preferences in the workflow itself and have Calman automatically load this workflow upon startup. Works great for me...
post #644 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 88
I was going to post the same thing.. you can do this with save workflow template (at least with business levels) but I am not 100% familiar with all the "in app" options available at each license level

Need to find a Professional Calibrator? Click Here to PM me with your Display & City

Calibrator List - Pioneer ISFccc Interface

Calibration Reports - Pioneer

ControlCAL™
Designed by Calibrators for Calibrators™

No need to fumble through the Display's Menu with its Remote Control™

post #645 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks guys!

I have the control version, the build that just was released. At some point I may upgrade to Enthusiast, but it really seems like you should be able to at the very least keep your settings in a given session and within the same workflow. Just changing from CMS to Grayscale you should not have to re-input all of your settings. And to be honest, your settings should be able to be retained from session to session, even with the Control License. It's not like I'm building a custom workflow, I just want to keep my settings.
post #646 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

I use Enthusiast and quite frankly it gives me everything I could need as an Amateur Calibrator.

Should you decide to upgrade, I don't think you will be disappointed.
post #647 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Even with the Enthusiast license, I'm guessing you guys have the issues with "Pattern Prompts" I describe in my post above?
post #648 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 02:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Does Cal PC Client support Calman 5 3D LUT? I'm trying to create a 3D LUT for MPC-HC but I don't know if I have all the options available or not.
post #649 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 03:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnak View Post

Even with the Enthusiast license, I'm guessing you guys have the issues with "Pattern Prompts" I describe in my post above?

Possibly, I use 75% saturation sweeps for calibration so all my work is done manually except for the initial 'read series'.

Grayscale is a case of 'reading' the series then tweaking each IRE in turn for gamma and coordinates then series again.

I have a Duo so the patterns are generated via the software.
post #650 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnak View Post

Kirnak-
for the enthusiast license, i am almost 100% positive this is not an issue with the pattern prompts. In enthusiast, there is a check box that turns pattern prompts either on or off. I play with calman more often than my wife would like and I don't ever recall this ever being a problem for me.
post #651 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 04:00 PM

Liked: 11
With 5.0.3 the pattern prompt problem was also in the Enthusiast version as Kirnak describes. There is a checkbox, but the pattern prompt box shows up with every reading, regardless the pattern change or not. With 5.0.4. I don´t test it, because I have now a radiance as pattern source. smile.gif
post #652 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredman2005 View Post

With 5.0.3 the pattern prompt problem was also in the Enthusiast version as Kirnak describes. There is a checkbox, but the pattern prompt box shows up with every reading, regardless the pattern change or not. With 5.0.4. I don´t test it, because I have now a radiance as pattern source. smile.gif

It still does it for every reading.

Looky here!
post #653 of 2511 Old 12-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1forsnow View Post

Kirnak-
for the enthusiast license, i am almost 100% positive this is not an issue with the pattern prompts. In enthusiast, there is a check box that turns pattern prompts either on or off. I play with calman more often than my wife would like and I don't ever recall this ever being a problem for me.

Yes, there's a check box in the Control series as well. I don't think it's a bug, it's intentional. It's just annoying to go in and out of settings every time you want to change pattern prompts, since in a typical session I go back and forth a lot. When i'm doing a series, I absolutely need the pattern prompts, when I'm doing a single reading--or even worse, continuous readings--it's annoying and cumbersome to have to go back to settings to change it. There are any number of ways to fix this. Have two check boxes, one for pattern prompts just for reading series, and another for all readings. Or, have just the one check box, but have it only affect series, since it's never an issue with single or continuous readings. Or, have the check box down by where you start readings, so it's not such a PITA going back and forth.

Not a problem for guys that use generated patterns, A PITA for guys who use a disc.
post #654 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 AM

Liked: 11
The best solution would be CalMan remember the last displayed pattern and only if the next pattern differs from this one, the check box wait for confirmation.
post #655 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 04:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 265
For those of you that have a Panasonic VT50 (ST/GT), a Radiance 3D.and are doing a glasses 3D LUT cube calibration.

The settings that I have found to work well using CME 504 LUT cube/21 point grayscale are pretty much what I use for my normal Cube 2D calibration.
The changes to my normal settings are as follows.
Contrast 100
Brightness 50
Gamma 2.4

Using my I1pro 2 as reference meter and my C6 as target meter, I set my Radiance Mini 3D to small window, use the shutter glasses on my I1pro 2, put the I1pro about 6" from my VT50 and then put my C6 in near contact mode without glasses to profile.
When calibrating I set my C6 almost in contact mode and use small windows.

ss
post #656 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm trying to do a 3D LUT but when I get to the calibrate 3D color cube LUT my drop down for Lum. Points per Color has nothing to select and Sat. Points per Color only has 0 to select. Is there something I'm missing? With simulated devices everything "Calibrated" fine but actual devices don't let me get past this.
post #657 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm trying to do a 3D LUT but when I get to the calibrate 3D color cube LUT my drop down for Lum. Points per Color has nothing to select and Sat. Points per Color only has 0 to select. Is there something I'm missing? With simulated devices everything "Calibrated" fine but actual devices don't let me get past this.

What real device do you have?

We currently don't just allow you to generate 3D LUT in software.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #658 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

What real device do you have?
We currently don't just allow you to generate 3D LUT in software.

I'm using an i1 display pro with PC Client has the pattern generator and DDC.

Edit: Could it be a limit of video vs. PC levels for calibration?
post #659 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm using an i1 display pro with PC Client has the pattern generator and DDC.
Edit: Could it be a limit of video vs. PC levels for calibration?

The CalPC client doesn't support generating 3D LUTs.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #660 of 2511 Old 12-23-2012, 01:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, Sotti. Do you if there is another way to create a color correction ICC profile with those devices? My goal was to create a color correction file for MPC-HC to use and I was hoping the 3D LUT would be able to do that. Since I changed my old video card to a new HD 7750 TMT5 doesn't playback as well as it did at 24p, but my trial of WinDVD 11 Pro is playing back better. But I'm still in between about using AnyDVD-HD and MPC-HC. But if I use MPC-HC, I'd love to enable color correction for picture perfect playback. smile.gif
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page