post #811 of 2541 Old 01-19-2013, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by praz View Post

You can. It's called Interactive mode. Same as AutoCal but for a single point. Although in my opinion if the dE is below 1 either leave it the way it is or adjust manually.

Gone in and tried to tweak manually, then the whole Grayscale went wonky, so I prefer to leave as is. Just wished that when it's set at it's Original 0.5 for the Lumagen , it would calibrate to the requested figure, and not continue on when it hasn't met that figure yet. If I manually do the Grayscale, I end up at dE of 0.36. Problem is with my LG, I'm finding leaving the settings at Zero, and letting Calman and the XE do the calibration, the LG is more stable. Is there any place you can set as to how many samples it takes to get the required figure? But if it's only doing 2 clicks and moving on, that won't really help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 2541 Old 01-19-2013, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 62
I have this problem too, Autocal giving up after shooting itself in the foot. I know you can do it manually but that defeats the purpose. A hold or continue button would be neat for those times you want to be somewhat interactive.

Also like you, if I tweaked the display too much then try to Autocal the Radiance it fails at the lower IRE and I get bizarre results. After days of struggling realized I had to sacrifice the accuracy of the pre-cal for light output, and let the Radiance clean up the mess. Enjoying nice greyscale and gamma now! There is also the "use native gamma option" which sounds like it might be relevant but haven't got the courage to use it yet as there is no help topic on that button.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #813 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 175
We now create logs for all autocal runs.

If you're having any kind of weirdness with CalMAN 5.1, feel free to post up the log file from C:\Users\User Name\Documents\SpectraCal\CalMAN 5 for Business\LUTs\Log

Also we've restructered some of the control for autocal in 5.1, so you should get great results.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #814 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello: I am still using Version 5.0.4 Calman5 Control ( purchased from SpectralCal on 12/31/2012) . Where can I get 5.1 ?

LB
post #815 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Hello: with C3 meter and DPG conmected, what's a quick way in Calman5 Control to check my FLT output on my Panasonic VT50 for ISF Day and Night settings ?

LB
post #816 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ2 View Post

Hello: with C3 meter and DPG conmected, what's a quick way in Calman5 Control to check my FLT output on my Panasonic VT50 for ISF Day and Night settings ?

In the Tutorial Basic workflow select the Meter Positioning layout and click the continuous read button.
post #817 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

In the Tutorial Basic workflow select the Meter Positioning layout and click the continuous read button.

Excellent. Thank you praz;)

LB
post #818 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:

Excellent. Thank you praz;)

You're welcome. smile.gif
post #819 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Where are the individual screens? How are they accessed? If I'm in a workflow, for example, that does not include the Color Checker and I want to run it, how do I do that? Or, if I don't want to run a workflow at all and just run the Color Checker... how do I call it up all by itself? Do I need to watch some tutorials on this?
post #820 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post

Where are the individual screens? How are they accessed? If I'm in a workflow, for example, that does not include the Color Checker and I want to run it, how do I do that? Or, if I don't want to run a workflow at all and just run the Color Checker... how do I call it up all by itself? Do I need to watch some tutorials on this?

If you are using the Quick Analysis workflow you can select the Color Checker layout from the pop out menu on the left side of the screen. You can also add the Color checker layout to any other workflow that does not contain it by using Advanced mode if you have the Enthusiast license.
post #821 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:

If you are using the Quick Analysis workflow you can select the Color Checker layout from the pop out menu on the left side of the screen. You can also add the Color checker layout to any other workflow that does not contain it by using Advanced mode if you have the Enthusiast license.

Yes, I have Enthusiast. I did not know how Quick Analysis works. That's the ticket. Thank you!
post #822 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Hello: I am still using Version 5.0.4 Calman5 Control ( purchased from SpectralCal on 12/31/2012) . Where can I get 5.1 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

5.1 is still a little rough around the edges, but if you want to play with the new goodies, you can get it here:
http://www.spectracal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=4535

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #823 of 2541 Old 01-20-2013, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

5.1 is still a little rough around the edges, but if you want to play with the new goodies, you can get it here:
http://www.spectracal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=4535

Thank you. Giving it a whirl now:D

LB
post #824 of 2541 Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Using v5.1 with a Duo.

The new Color Comparitor tool really works for me.

In Quick Analysis it is already there so really demonstrates what is a visible error and what is not.
Selecting the 'Make Colors Contiguous' option in 'Properties' of its chart exaggerates the interface between correct and actual.

Also in Quick Analysis I use 75% Saturation patterns to manually calibrate my colours in 'Saturation Sweeps'.
Importing the Color Comparitor via design mode then 'Make Colors Contiguous' again is really helpful to me in demonstrating where lack of absolute accuracy does not necessarily translate into visual colour change.

Brilliant tool that compliments the magnificent Color Checker.
Importing into Color Checker view (also in Quick Analysis) allows me to say that despite having a relatively high maximum dE 2000 of 2.1 (average is 0.65) none of the swatches show a visible difference at the interface..

Thanks Team.
post #825 of 2541 Old 01-21-2013, 05:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Using the DPG2000 and was wondering if anyone knows if there is an equivalent OSD setting that I can turn off for the DPG2000 menu icons? The DPG digital clock display and three symbols just below the clock (top right of the screen) are Heavy Duty static icons that cause significant IR on the VT50. Been busy sweeping and pixel flipping but geeze the DPG causes some persistent IR as is.

LB
post #826 of 2541 Old 01-25-2013, 12:07 AM

Liked: 10
Hi Derek, Just bought a CalMan5 Control to meddle with my TV calibration-probably a wrong idea as I am a novice but have been doing some readings into calibration as a whole. Had my TV calibrated by the Geek Squad but the outcome was horrible that's why I decided to get my "hands dirty". Now after receiving the package and installing the software-everything seems so overwhelming. Is there a link or manual that can walk me through what to do? Even the basic settings is an issue. Do I use the TV's remote to change the settings on the display or ...
Will appreciate any advice. Just want the baby steps for now.. Thanks
post #827 of 2541 Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Debrah View Post

Hi Derek, Just bought a CalMan5 Control to meddle with my TV calibration-probably a wrong idea as I am a novice but have been doing some readings into calibration as a whole. Had my TV calibrated by the Geek Squad but the outcome was horrible that's why I decided to get my "hands dirty". Now after receiving the package and installing the software-everything seems so overwhelming. Is there a link or manual that can walk me through what to do? Even the basic settings is an issue. Do I use the TV's remote to change the settings on the display or ...
Will appreciate any advice. Just want the baby steps for now.. Thanks

Start by following the basic and advanced tutorial. You should see buttons for them in the lower right corner when you load the basic and advanced workflow. They are very helpful in getting used to the program. If you're not familiar with grayscale and TV calibration I highly recommend this tutorial:http://www.curtpalme.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10457 and even though it's for HCFR the principals are the same. I used HCFR before I ordered Calman and I will continue using Calman because I like it waaay more. Also, using the help tab on the right is useful, too, especially when getting started. But before you know it you'll be a whiz with Calman. It's a little tricky to figure out at first, but after a couple to test/practice workflows it becomes pretty easy to use.
post #828 of 2541 Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM

Liked: 10
Thanks a lot. I'm reading through the HCFR now to get the basic idea. Do you have any idea where I can find the chapters for the AVS HD 709?
post #829 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Do you have the AVS 709 Disc? If not, it's available on the forum here. I prefer to use the the Color HCFR window slides. In there you'll see pretty much all the patterns you'll need.
post #830 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Any suggestion how I can roll back from Calman5.1 Beta to 5. 0.4 ? I tried to remove 5.1 and then reload 5.0.4 and got a fatal error when trying to run 5.0.4 ( running on windows 7)

LB
post #831 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:

Any suggestion how I can roll back from Calman5.1 Beta to 5. 0.4 ? I tried to remove 5.1 and then reload 5.0.4 and got a fatal error when trying to run 5.0.4 ( running on windows 7)

All that is required is to install the version you wish to use. As part of the install any current version found is uninstalled.
post #832 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:

Just to add to praz.

Maybe try this

First make sure the exc for Calman 5.0.4 is in your download files.

Click on programs and features in control panel, double click on Calman 5 and that should start the remove feature. You should get a popup saying to use Calman 5 to remove, click ok and let it run. Once done reboot and install what ever version of Calman you want..

If that doesn't work try re-installing the same Beta, and follow the above to remove it.

ss.
post #833 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Executed CommandLine.docx 115k .docx file

Here's the unrecoverable error I get when I try to run 5.0.4 after uninstalling 5.1 and then re-installing 5.0.4

FYI, am running Win 7 Ultimate on Mac Air via VMware Fusion. I don't think this should be an issue....
Attached Files
File Type: docx Executed CommandLine.docx (114.7 KB, 15 views)

LB
post #834 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Quote:

Just to add to praz.

Maybe try this

First make sure the exc for Calman 5.0.4 is in your download files.

Click on programs and features in control panel, double click on Calman 5 and that should start the remove feature. You should get a popup saying to use Calman 5 to remove, click ok and let it run. Once done reboot and install what ever version of Calman you want..

If that doesn't work try re-installing the same Beta, and follow the above to remove it.

ss.

Thank you praz, SS. I did try your suggestions but no luck. See my Calman error report attached to my last post. Am wondering if I'll need to do a manual uninstall ( E.G. modify registry) incase 5.1 isn't uninstalling completely.

Either way, I am able to run 5.1 (Beta)--it just seems to be having problems . Almost all of the Grayscale and CMS calibration readings are extreme and I am not able to autocal or manually adjust these settings to normal readings.

LB
post #835 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Executed CommandLine.docx 115k .docx file

Here's the unrecoverable error I get when I try to run 5.0.4 after uninstalling 5.1 and then re-installing 5.0.4

FYI, am running Win 7 Ultimate on Mac Air via VMware Fusion. I don't think this should be an issue....

looks like a custom level file was encrypted with our new compression scheme that was added in 5.1

The files are located C:\ProgramData\SpectraCal\CalMAN 5 Home Theater\Config\, you'll probably have to delete all of them, but the Levels.ccfx is where it blew up last time.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #836 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Almost all of the Grayscale and CMS calibration readings are extreme and I am not able to autocal or manually adjust these settings to normal readings.

Could you be more specific what you mean?

Are they bouncing wildly? Do they simply seem like reading is far from reality?

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #837 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Debrah View Post

Thanks a lot. I'm reading through the HCFR now to get the basic idea. Do you have any idea where I can find the chapters for the AVS HD 709?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anikun07 View Post

Do you have the AVS 709 Disc? If not, it's available on the forum here. I prefer to use the the Color HCFR window slides. In there you'll see pretty much all the patterns you'll need.

You could also try EasyCal, also here on the forum. It does not take the place of the AVSHD 709 disc, but rather complements it. The patterns are taken from the AVSHD disc, and several of them are re-authored. It's a simple disc with patterns arranged in an easy format to use with Calman 5. In particular, the Saturation patterns are re-arranged to be in the proper format to use with Calman.

EasyCalHD
post #838 of 2541 Old 01-26-2013, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Almost all of the Grayscale and CMS calibration readings are extreme and I am not able to autocal or manually adjust these settings to normal readings.

Joel:

I deleted the config file--uninstalled 5.0.4, rebooted reinstalled 5.0.4. Still experiencing same unrecoverable error.

I'll reload 5.1 which seems to install okay.

My comment earlier about my experience with 5.1 is that after running "read series" most of grayscale points are very high 6-10 DeltaE 2000 range with the exception of 10pt . I am not able to bring these points down below 5 with autocal or manual adjustments.

VT50
Calman 5.1 Control
C3
DPG2000

LB
post #839 of 2541 Old 01-27-2013, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Im thinking about purchasing a radiance to go along with my i1pro, calman and my mits wd73835 dlp. Since the i1pro needs dark readings every 12 min or so, how would that work during an auto calibration session? Can the session be paused in order to take a dark reading?
post #840 of 2541 Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Joel:

I deleted the config file--uninstalled 5.0.4, rebooted reinstalled 5.0.4. Still experiencing same unrecoverable error.

I'll reload 5.1 which seems to install okay.

My comment earlier about my experience with 5.1 is that after running "read series" most of grayscale points are very high 6-10 DeltaE 2000 range with the exception of 10pt . I am not able to bring these points down below 5 with autocal or manual adjustments.

VT50
Calman 5.1 Control
C3
DPG2000

Hello. Still unable to roll back to 5.0.4. So I continued to play around with 5.1 which is now crashing when I try to use autocal on CMS. See fatal error report attached.
Executed CommandLineCMScrash.docx 123k .docx file
Attached Files
File Type: docx Executed CommandLineCMScrash.docx (122.9 KB, 14 views)

LB
Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page