CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 2494 Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

But it's still not showing for download!

It's not done yet.
When it is, you'll know.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 3,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Any approximation as to how many of us are sitting on the edge of our seats?
p5browne is online now  
post #93 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Any approximation as to how many of us are sitting on the edge of our seats?

I looks like it will be sometime around the middle of the month, it's really just finishing touches.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #94 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
Member
 
dlinsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread (I did read through all 4 pages, but may have missed it), but if we bought the AVS C6 deal last Nov/Dec does that count for the free upgrade to v5 too? Just wondering since that was a trade-in/up from the i1LT and not a full purchase as such.

Cheers,
David.
dlinsley is offline  
post #95 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
derekjsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlinsley View Post

Sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread (I did read through all 4 pages, but may have missed it), but if we bought the AVS C6 deal last Nov/Dec does that count for the free upgrade to v5 too? Just wondering since that was a trade-in/up from the i1LT and not a full purchase as such.
Cheers,
David.

The upgrades are based on your base CalMAN license you have and the date it was issued or you have paid for maintenance. If you have purchased CalMAN within the last year or maintenance then yes you get CalMAN 5. If not then get on maintenance now and you will get CalMAN 5.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
derekjsmith is offline  
post #96 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Member
 
dlinsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Derek! Spectracal and Lumagen really are two of the most awesome businesses in any sector. Can't wait to try this with the Lumagen beta.

(I really should get on the maintenance train too, thought for now my licenses are 11C dated)
dlinsley is offline  
post #97 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Member
 
drparker151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post

I found this bundle out on their site: CalMAN5 Bundle with DPG-2000 and X-rite i1Display Pro (Retail)
Is this a good deal? Do I need the DPG-2000 pattern generator or will the Spears & Munsil disk be good enough?

Dang it! The bundle was listed at $695 yesterday and I went to buy it today and it is 1095.
drparker151 is offline  
post #98 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post

Dang it! The bundle was listed at $695 yesterday and I went to buy it today and it is 1095.

Call up the sales office, they should be able to do something for you if you're ready to pull the trigger.
1-877-886-5112

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #99 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Member
 
drparker151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

Call up the sales office, they should be able to do something for you if you're ready to pull the trigger.
1-877-886-5112
No go, told me to email Loel.
drparker151 is offline  
post #100 of 2494 Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derekjsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker151 View Post

No go, told me to email Loel.

Contact joshua@spectracal.com for help, Loel is at CEDIA this week.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
derekjsmith is offline  
post #101 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Member
 
rachmat-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Calman Enthusiast V4 ( With spectro and Colorimeter ) that already expired .
In order to get the Calman V5 Enthusiast , what should i do ?
1 . Buy the maintenance ? or
2 Buy the calpc Add on ( is the maintenance will be renewed ) ?
rachmat-d is offline  
post #102 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Member
 
Joshua Quain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmat-d View Post

I have Calman Enthusiast V4 ( With spectro and Colorimeter ) that already expired .
In order to get the Calman V5 Enthusiast , what should i do ?
1 . Buy the maintenance ? or
2 Buy the calpc Add on ( is the maintenance will be renewed ) ?

Hi Rachmat-d: Because you already have CalMAN v4 Enthusiast, all you need to do is purchase the maintenance and you will receive CalMAN 5 Enthusiast when it is released.

Joshua Quain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joshua Quain is offline  
post #103 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM
Member
 
rachmat-d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply Joshua,

But it is better for me , for the same amount ,if i can get the Calpc, that i can use for my HTPC and still get The V5.
rachmat-d is offline  
post #104 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmat-d View Post

Thanks for the reply Joshua,
But it is better for me , for the same amount ,if i can get the Calpc, that i can use for my HTPC and still get The V5.

CalMAN 5 HT Enthusiast will have support for PC calibrations.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #105 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 01:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

CalMAN 5 HT Enthusiast will have support for PC calibrations.

one PC/laptop or more?


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #106 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Member
 
Joshua Quain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
At present it is just one PC Client key that is included with CalMAN 5 Enthusiast.

Joshua Quain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joshua Quain is offline  
post #107 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Member
 
Joshua Quain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lynnwood, WA
Posts: 36
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Quain View Post

At present it is just one PC Client key that is included with CalMAN 5 Enthusiast.

Correction: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast actually gets two (2) PC Client keys included(!). With CalMAN 5 Enthusiast you will also be able purchase additional keys.

Here is the official breakdown of Client Keys included based on each product category:
  • CalPC 2 (3 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Enthusiast (2 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Expert (3 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Professional (5 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Ultimate (10 PC Client Keys)

Joshua Quain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joshua Quain is offline  
post #108 of 2494 Old 09-10-2012, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
PlasmaPZ80U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Quain View Post

Correction: CalMAN 5 Enthusiast actually gets two (2) PC Client keys included(!). With CalMAN 5 Enthusiast you will also be able purchase additional keys.
Here is the official breakdown of Client Keys included based on each product category:
  • CalPC 2 (3 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Enthusiast (2 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Expert (3 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Professional (5 PC Client Keys)
  • CalMAN 5 Ultimate (10 PC Client Keys)

nice


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PlasmaPZ80U is offline  
post #109 of 2494 Old 09-11-2012, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

CalMAN 5 HT Enthusiast will have support for PC calibrations.

Hi Joel,

Sorry if this has been covered, but will our add on licenses be included as well? I have Calman 4 DIY with the Autocal, Interactive, and Spectro addons.

Thanks!

Looky here!
robnix is online now  
post #110 of 2494 Old 09-11-2012, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by robnix View Post

Hi Joel,
Sorry if this has been covered, but will our add on licenses be included as well? I have Calman 4 DIY with the Autocal, Interactive, and Spectro addons.
Thanks!

We've changed the licensing model for 5, there are no add-ons. But the Enthusiast license (which is what you would get), has all of those features and many new ones.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #111 of 2494 Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
robnix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,713
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

We've changed the licensing model for 5, there are no add-ons. But the Enthusiast license (which is what you would get), has all of those features and many new ones.

Excellent. Thanks for taking the time to clarify. I'm really looking forward to this release.

Looky here!
robnix is online now  
post #112 of 2494 Old 09-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Senior Member
 
ndaa75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Caister on Sea, UK
Posts: 493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

We've changed the licensing model for 5, there are no add-ons. But the Enthusiast license (which is what you would get), has all of those features and many new ones.


Great, presumably we'll get the license key the day of the software release ?

Benq W1080ST Projector, Panasonic TXP55VT30 plasma, Yamaha RXA3020 AVR, Denon DVD-2500BT, Q Acoustics 1010i in 7.1, i1 Pro spectro, i1 Display Pro, Calman 5 Enthusiast, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ndaa75 is offline  
post #113 of 2494 Old 09-12-2012, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndaa75 View Post

Great, presumably we'll get the license key the day of the software release ?

Yes, very soon now.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #114 of 2494 Old 09-13-2012, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
p5browne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 3,878
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Are ChromaPure and Spectracal both waiting for each other's products to come out to see what the competition is doing?
p5browne is online now  
post #115 of 2494 Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Are ChromaPure and Spectracal both waiting for each other's products to come out to see what the competition is doing?

Not at all.
http://commercial.spectracal.com/support/downloads

CalMAN 5.0.2.903 has full radiance Cube 3D LUT support.

Home users are waiting on our home release, but that wait should be over momentarily. We are in the final stages of validating the installer.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #116 of 2494 Old 09-13-2012, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
derekjsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Mukilteo, WA
Posts: 1,890
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Are ChromaPure and Spectracal both waiting for each other's products to come out to see what the competition is doing?

CalMAN 5 Business has had full 3D LUT AutoCal now for the Davio 274625 , HDLink 4096 and ColorBox 262144 points. The Radiance 125 point is just the latest in 3D LUTs for us. We worked closely with Lumagen in making sure the firmware for the Radiance was consumer ready even as a beta.

And as Joel pointed out the hold up for CalMAN 5 Home is workflows and installer testing the underlying Cube AutoCal support has been in.

Derek

CTO / Founder - SpectraCal Inc.
derekjsmith is offline  
post #117 of 2494 Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,716
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 263
How well and how hard is the DPG-2000 to work with Calman5 Enthusiast. For both normal 3D calibration and for use with V5 autocal??

Are the patterns pre loaded for use with the 3D cube, again for use with manual 3D calibration and Auto Cal 3D. Also how well will my I1Pro2 work with Calman 5 using the DPG-2000 and the 3D cube (in auto mode) for the above use. How long does a reading take?.
Plus things like "multi-point (color cube) color gamut" for 2D.

This combo will be used with a 65VT50 NA (Firmware 1.15)

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sillysally is offline  
post #118 of 2494 Old 09-14-2012, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

How well and how hard is the DPG-2000 to work with Calman5 Enthusiast. For both normal 3D calibration and for use with V5 autocal??
Are the patterns pre loaded for use with the 3D cube, again for use with manual 3D calibration and Auto Cal 3D. Also how well will my I1Pro2 work with Calman 5 using the DPG-2000 and the 3D cube (in auto mode) for the above use. How long does a reading take?.
Plus things like "multi-point (color cube) color gamut" for 2D.
This combo will be used with a 65VT50 NA (Firmware 1.15)
ss

The DPG-2000 doesn't do stereoscopic 3D.

The DPG-2000 doesn't do Cube 3D LUT patterns.

It's a conventional pattern generator for standard matrix CMS and multipoint grayscale, it's very good for that.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
post #119 of 2494 Old 09-14-2012, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sillysally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,716
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post

The DPG-2000 doesn't do stereoscopic 3D.
The DPG-2000 doesn't do Cube 3D LUT patterns.
It's a conventional pattern generator for standard matrix CMS and multipoint grayscale, it's very good for that.

Ok then what is a good pattern generator for both 3d and 2d, with what I posted above.

I do have a vision HDP, would that work for the above uses?

ss

"Don't worry be happy"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sillysally is offline  
post #120 of 2494 Old 09-14-2012, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member
 
sotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,621
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post

Ok then what is a good pattern generator for both 3d and 2d, with what I posted above.
I do have a vision HDP, would that work for the above uses?
ss

The AVFoundry VideoForge is probably the best little piece of equipment. We have full RGB triplet control over the patterns so we have total control over the patterns. That means it will work for creating Cube 3D Luts. It also supports stereoscopic 3D frame formats, so it can be used to do that kind of 3D.

The accupel 5000 doesn't support full range triplets, only 16-235, so it's not as good as the VideoForge in that respect which limits how we can use it. It does support stereoscopic 3D patterns as an addon.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
sotti is offline  
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off