CalMan 5 Release Notes and Discussion - Page 94 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 74Likes
post #2791 of 2800 Old 07-02-2015, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 700
CalMAN 5.5.1 Preview - Build: 1964 Released @ 02 July 2015

''With the holiday weekend swiftly approaching, we decided to do a 5.5.1 preview release to the forums. This is basically 5.5.1 final, but is not going up on the web site until next week.''

Release Notes

Added support for OSEE as pattern generator for Ultimate, Studio, and ColorChecker license levels.

Added the OSEE file format for cube calibrations in SpectraCal Cube Generator.

Added a check box on the Source tab for madVR to force it into full screen mode while CalMAN takes readings. The window will be returned to its previous state when readings are done. This requires madVR version 0.88.14 or higher.

Resolved issue where Target lines on deltaE charts might not display once enabled.

Added Rec BT.2020 UHD and D65 P3 Gamuts to Studio Express and Studio Lite licenses.

Resolved an issue where Pattern Auto Advance would apply to an automated pattern generator.

Resolved an issue on the Lumagen Radiance (all models) where CalMAN would not reset the internal 3D LUT at the start of a cube calibration.

Resolved an issue where CalMAN would not recreate a settings file on startup if it were missing. This would cause CalMAN to crash on startup.

Fixed typo on the ColorChecker button on the last layout of the Studio Introduction workflow.

CalMAN for Business Download Link

CalMAN Home Theater Download Link

CalMAN Studio Download Link
Manni01 likes this.

Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk Free Version for Free Calibration Software: LightSpace DPS / CalMAN ColorChecker / HCFR
S/W: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
V/P: eeColor 3D LUT Box - P/G: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1D3, C5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2792 of 2800 Old 07-02-2015, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
Is there a way to export a profile then import it? Because I cannot get both meters to show up at once. Calman appears to be doing things that I hate in regards to programming, by adding unnecessary restrictions to things because the developers think that it would be impractical to do so.
You can use multiple meters in CalMAN. One of the goals of CalMAN is to make the software as flexible as possible.

Quote:
I tried this, apparently it ignores this setting during the 3dLUT calibration. It still errors out, until I raise brightness to have 0 IRE emit light.
You might need to lengthen the exposure to get a valid reading.

Quote:
Also, eyeglass is really important. I am trying out this software before I buy it. Eyeglass allows me to test how effective a 3dLUT can be to my image; but since it is broken, I can't see how effective the 3dLUT would be.
Eyeglass on works on PCs, so it doesn't make a great tool to validate video paths, unless your HTPC is setup in a very specific manner.

What 3D LUT device are you planning on calibrating?

Quote:
Not really a great sell if the "trial" doesn't work for me.... to top all that off, they restrict their forums to have an account which is ridiculous.
Colorchecker is a trail and good software to check display accuracy.

The eyeglass bit is a bit of marketing tack-on. Depending on the product you're looking at and your use case if you talk to the sales dept. they can do a better job getting you the best demo of the product.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #2793 of 2800 Old 07-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Dear Sotti,

Is it possible to correct a general meter by a reference meter with Calman before I start calibrate?
post #2794 of 2800 Old 07-02-2015, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhanthony View Post
Dear Sotti,

Is it possible to correct a general meter by a reference meter with Calman before I start calibrate?
Yes you can create a profile at any time.

You can connect multiple meters and connect to them at the same time. Or you can always go do another search from the Meters Tab.

Also on the meters tab is a drop down with meter profiles and a new/edit button next to it.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
post #2795 of 2800 Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotti View Post
Yes you can create a profile at any time.

You can connect multiple meters and connect to them at the same time. Or you can always go do another search from the Meters Tab.

Also on the meters tab is a drop down with meter profiles and a new/edit button next to it.
Thanks for your reply!
post #2796 of 2800 Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Thank you for the details release notes, as usual. Not all software companies do this, which can be frustrating, so I just wanted to point out that it is very much appreciated.
AVfile likes this.
post #2797 of 2800 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi,

is there something similar to argyllcms black output offset in calman 3d cube calibration?
because i'm stuck with bt.1886 curve based on measured black, even when setting custom black level target.
let's say my tv black is 0.0138fL but i want a curve with 0.0069fL black level, setting argyllcms black output offset to 50% give me exactly what i want. how about calman?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans_titre.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	811738  
post #2798 of 2800 Old Yesterday, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Sotti,does calman have a meter profile for the 2014 and 2015 Sony Xbrs (900b,940c) with trilimunos as the generic white led provided from xrite does not work right with these sets?

Thanks.

Sony 55XBR900B w/Sub & 4K X10 Player
Panasonic 55GT30
Panasonic BDT310
PS4 - Directv Genie HR-44 3/C41 mini's, Sunday Ticket & MLB Xtra innings
Sony STR- ZA3000ES AVR
Mirage Omnisat V2 7.1 set up with Energy S10 Sub
post #2799 of 2800 Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Peter, what version of CalMan do you have?

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
post #2800 of 2800 Unread Today, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLewis View Post
Sotti,does calman have a meter profile for the 2014 and 2015 Sony Xbrs (900b,940c) with trilimunos as the generic white led provided from xrite does not work right with these sets?

Thanks.
They are closer to RGB LED or OLED, but we haven't had those specific displays in our lab.

Joel Barsotti
SpectraCal
CalMAN Lead Developer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Display Calibration

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page