Samsung ES7500 calibration help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 08-08-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I just purchased a Samsung UN60ES7500. I had an older Samsung fat panel.....and the picture was perfect, right out of the box. I plugged in my new one, and I'm very disappointed. I've spent the entire week changing every option to get a good picture. From my months of research, this set should blow my old one away. Has any one set up an es7500 and can recommend the options you used? I like a bright screen with lots of color. Any recommendation on the best way to calibrate this tv.

Thanks, Tom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-18-2012, 08:40 PM

Hi Tom,

I just recently purchased the UN60ES7500 as well, and had the TOUGHESS time with the calibration. I was actually close to returning the TV and going back to the trusted XBR, which I have owned for the past few years and really loved.

Like you, I searched and searched online for different calibration settings, etc....but there were none. And I did not want to spend the money for one of those Home Calibration Blu-ray CD's or to have a professional calibrator visit the house.

So what I did was spend hours upon hours in front of the TV tweaking each little setting until I found what I liked. So please try these settings:

Picture Mode - Standard
Backlight - 10
Contrast - 70
Brightness - 43
Sharpness - 31
COlor - 48
Tint - G45..R55

I would very like to hear what people think of my settings....or even offer suggestions to make it even better.

Thanks,
Craig
post #3 of 7 Old 08-18-2012, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Welcome to the forum. It appears you may have made certain erroneous assumptions about the design of consumer display technology, or have been misinformed by a persistent myth in the home theater community. Copying TV picture menu option values is not a reliable substitute for calibration, and has been documented to actually make it look worse than factory defaults in some cases. Please review this "sticky" thread at the top of this sub-section of the forum:

'Sharing display menu settings?'
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1055906

This additional LINK has another example of the unreliability of such practice.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-13-2013, 10:07 AM

Just like TVGlaser I am currently having the exact same problem with my new es7500. I have also been very close to returning this TV but I am hopeful that I can figure it out. I probably have 10 hours solid into making changes, resetting, pausing, and rewinding! I never had to do any calibrating on my 42 vizio and had a quality picture for all of my componenets via my Yamaha reciever without ever having to make any adjustments besides an initial mode selection. I cant remember the last time I touched that Vizio remote. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am considering the Spears & Munsil calibration BD. I am concerned that it may be too advanced for me as well. Thanks.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-13-2013, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: THX/ISF Calibrationist/Instructor, Calgary, AB, Canada
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Greetings

It is not too advanced .. unless you have a grade 6 education. Then maybe. Just follow the instructions.

regards

Michael Chen @ The Laser Video Experience
ISF/THX/TLV Video Instructor
The Video Calibration Education Hub - www.TLVEXP.com

post #6 of 7 Old 03-13-2013, 11:03 AM

yeah going to try it or WOW. Thanks.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-05-2013, 11:40 AM

Here's a screen grab of my 46ES7500 - suffering from horrendous clouding but Samsung says this is normal for the technology???
Reply Display Calibration

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page