Can I use an EyeOne Display LT using Color HCFR software on a computer running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-02-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I keep getting an "incorrect driver" error when I try to run it. I know the computer can communicate with the EyeOne because it works with the Xrite software.

I need it to work with Color HCFR though. I've read that it's a problem running Color HCFR on Windows 7 64-bit. But I can't find any solution. Is this true that Color HCFR doesn't work at all on Windows 7 64-bit? (I mean, it will launch, but it won't find any meters.)

Anyone know of any other free calibration software I could use with my EyeOne?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 151
I've not heard of any problems with HCFR and Win 7 64 bit. I use it with no trouble.

Have you copied the file EyeOne.dll to the ColorHCFR folder?

Larry
Old 09-02-2012, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Where would that eye one.dll file be?

and thanks for the quick reply!
Old 09-02-2012, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

It's in the folder with the x-rite files. (It maybe in a folder named... )

Never mind, I've attached a copy. Just download it and rename txt to dll.

EyeOne.txt 3164k .txt file

Larry
Attached Files
File Type: txt EyeOne.txt (3.09 MB, 123 views)
Old 09-02-2012, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

OK, yes I copied the "EyeOne.dll" and the "EyeOneIO.dll" files from the i1 Match folder into the Color HCFR folder. But I still go to file-->new, choose DVD manual for the generator, click next, and get an error that says "Incorrect driver - Starting communications with the meter failed with severe error. Argyll Error".

Very frustrated. I bought this stupid netbook just so I could do this. I guess that's the price of relying on shareware.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Oh, you have the new under-development version of HCFR. You need to use the Argyll drivers for that.

Read this thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1393853/fork-of-hcfr-started-whats-needed. But that's probably where you downloaded HCFR to start with.smile.gif If you have one of the newer meters, you'll have to read the thread to find out how to change the drivers. Or read here: http://sourceforge.net/p/hcfr/wiki/Home/

If you have an older meter, install this version: http://www.homecinema-fr.com/colorimetre/release/Setup_v2_1_0.exe .

Larry
Old 09-02-2012, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

You RULE!!!

THANK YOU! The older software version seems to be detecting the sensor and working now.

I really appreciate your help.

Cheers!
Old 09-03-2012, 04:44 PM - Thread Starter

So, my EyeOne Display LT is three years old, and it seems the color has drifted quite far. It's pretty much unusable.

If I get an i1Pro, will it work with this older version 2.1.0 of Color HCFR? (i.e., is it supported?) If not, I'd have to run the newer version of Color HCFR, and that's where I ran into problems with it not finding the meter.
Old 09-04-2012, 12:10 AM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave999z View Post

So, my EyeOne Display LT is three years old, and it seems the color has drifted quite far. It's pretty much unusable.

If I get an i1Pro, will it work with this older version 2.1.0 of Color HCFR? (i.e., is it supported?) If not, I'd have to run the newer version of Color HCFR, and that's where I ran into problems with it not finding the meter.

I1pro works in old version and you can make an offset matrix to correct the LT.

More info about this:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1394567/documentation-for-offset-profiling-creation

Sometimes you are 1 click away from pulling your hair out and bang your head against the wall
Old 09-04-2012, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. And just to be clear, I'm talking about this version of the i1 Pro:

http://www.amazon.com/Xrite-EODIS3-i1Display-Pro/dp/B0055MBQOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346768633&sr=8-1&keywords=i1+pro

That will work with the older software version?

Interesting that I can create a matrix to correct the LT. But it's kind of a catch-22. Once I buy the i1 pro, I won't need the LT (it'll probably sit in a drawer forever -- don't think I can get much money selling an LT that has drifted).
Old 09-04-2012, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
^ that is an i1 display pro (colorimeter), not an i1 pro (spectro). The i1 display pro will not work with HCFR 2.1 - the i1 pro will.

X-rite's main goal with product branding seems to be to confuse new customers... wink.gif
Old 09-04-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks. Glad I asked. So will the i1 display pro work with the newer version of HCFR? That version ran on my Windows 7 machine, but it wouldn't recognize the LT. Maybe it would recognize the i1 display pro though?

Is the i1 display pro considered a decent colorimeter? Is it any better than the colormunki? Is there any other good choice for a low cost colorimeter to work with HCFR?
Old 09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Changing the driver in Win7 for the new HCFR to make the i1 D2 (LT) work is a trivial matter.

Larry
Old 10-09-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave999z View Post

Thanks. Glad I asked. So will the i1 display pro work with the newer version of HCFR? That version ran on my Windows 7 machine, but it wouldn't recognize the LT. Maybe it would recognize the i1 display pro though?
Is the i1 display pro considered a decent colorimeter? Is it any better than the colormunki? Is there any other good choice for a low cost colorimeter to work with HCFR?

That's the Eye One Display 3 Pro and will definitely work with the latest HCFR 3.0.4.0 if you install the Argyll drivers that come with HCFR 3.0.4.0. I don't think the Eye One Display 3 Pro will work with the older HCFR 2.1 given it's age.

I also have an Eye One Display Lt that I was always using with HCFR 2.1. I just tried it with HCFR 3.0.4.0 and get different measurements than what I'm getting in HCFR 2.1. Strange...